Author Topic: Please don't call psychics anymore!  (Read 21352 times)

Offline Bark angel

Re: Please don't call psychics anymore!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 03:46:27 PM »
I believe this is a perfect example of how "we" impact our reading success.  Can we not agree that on this forum there are reports of small insignificant events that happen as predicted, yet larger more significant events or outcomes seem to be just outside our grasp?  Is it not highly possible, therefore, that we tend not to dwell on the smaller events as we focus our attention on the larger outcomes?  The smaller  less significant events roll out much to our surprise while the "mother load" predictions don't pan out!  Could it be we are the difference between a successful prediction and one that it not?

Just asking....

Offline melancholia

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »
By the way, how do career-related predictions turn out more often than not?  Do they not involve free will?  There is a person that is involved in making a decision.... just as in a relationship.  The difference, in my opinion, is because there are less forces that intercept that decision. 

I think we're agreeing with one another on this.  But yes, there are less forces affecting a career prediction, because most hiring managers are (or at least should be) removing their emotions from the equation when making a decision between candidates - the "best fit" usually matches a certain profile they were already looking for. Some feelings might come into play, but they're mostly emotionally detached from the candidates because they don't really know them and they aren't invested in them personally. With relationships, everything is emotion, which is why it's so unpredictable.  If they're reading based off of your current feelings and your partner's current feelings, but something triggers a new emotion - something as simple as, say, a song coming on the radio - that decides to linger, that can drastically change the outcome.  It's why I've kind of thrown up my hands in frustration when it comes to love predictions - there are a million billion little variables that are constantly changing because emotions are fluid, especially when those emotions are in regards to an intimate relationship. 

Edit: all that being said, I'm not saying it's impossible to nail a long term big picture relationship prediction. I'm just saying that, compared to finance or job security readings, the chances are much higher that things are going to change long before the prediction pans out.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:48:49 PM by Somnus »

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »
Right.  So the emotions and feelings and thoughts at the time of the reading are what the reader tunes into in order to make a prediction.  So, as time goes on those thoughts feelings and emotions could dwindle and what appeared to be a sure "thing" at one time might then take on less of a certainty at some point in time.  However, if when tuning in over time a reader still gets the same sense of feeling/emotion then we should learn to "let go" and let time take its course.  Easier said than done, I know.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »
For a career-related prediction, I would tend to agree with the below as it pertains to the hiring manager alone!  The client probably has quite a lot of vested interest and emotion in the outcome, however, and especially when it is a much-needed job. 

I think it might be wise for us to look a the percentage of success in career-related predictions a little closer to examine the dynamic, though, before throwing all psychics out with the bathwater.

Permit me to suggest this.... take a career-related prediction and let's suppose the following:
1. Hiring manager is making a decision without a lot of vested emotion...its a decision based upon an intellectual process rather than a heart-felt emotion.
2. Client seeking the career could be similarly detached to the outcome, but there is a good chance that the client might have a lot of emotion attached to the outcome, since it would impact his or her life if it materializes. 

Now, compare this with a relationship-related prediction.  What is similar?  What is different? In a relationship matter the client has the same vested interest in the query, and the outcome.  The subject of the query (the SO, or SM, or love interest, or ex) is akin to the hiring manager - detached, not invested, not emotional...possibly approaching the situation with intellectual process rather than heart-felt emotion.

Is it possible that the difference in the two situations is how we react while awaiting the final outcome?  In career-related situations, do we not still go to work, appreciate that we have a job, evenif it is not the best.  Or if we are unemployed, do we not still go out and continue to look while something we have already applied for is fermenting?

Could the success rate be related to the fact that when we don't dwell, and when the decision is left entirely up to another person, over whom we have little impact, and we are given only one option and that is to accept what is and leave the final outcome up to the Universe, then things tend to work out?

.... there are less forces affecting a career prediction, because most hiring managers are (or at least should be) removing their emotions from the equation when making a decision between candidates - the "best fit" usually matches a certain profile they were already looking for. Some feelings might come into play, but they're mostly emotionally detached from the candidates because they don't really know them and they aren't invested in them personally.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »
I don't necessarily want to share all the details of my relationship with this person or with regards to the specifics of my various readings, but, yes, my favorite readers do know what he told me.  Regardless, they say he'll still come back around romantically.  I have no reason to believe this is true as he told me exactly how he feels... not just about me, but about his life and also how he feels about the fact I have children (a dealbreaker).  I don't need a reader to blow smoke up my ass and tell me this man will wake up one day and suddenly reconsider.  Give me a break.  Reality has proven (for the past 2 and a half years, mind you) that this man does not want a relationship beyond friendship with me.  I love him, I want to be with him, I'd love to build my life with him, but he told me that's not going to happen.  Why would I believe someone other than the source? 

By the way, this isn't about things happening in my time.  I don't cling to timeframes.  I don't even ask for them.  This is about reality versus something a reader on the other line of a phone is telling me.  Let's be honest.  Reality should win every time.

If you are convinced that the client is responsible for impacting a prediction based on their own reaction to it, then why get readings at all?  Wouldn't it make sense to encourage people to live their lives without the influence of these predictions? 

Also, I think you mean well and you want everyone to get their happy ending, but when someone posts that things didn't happen and they didn't reunite with their past love, I think it's dangerous to encourage them to keep holding on.  I see why you like to provide alternate possibilities, but it's best for people to move on and live their lives without clinging to hope for YEARS and spending money on these calls in the process.  It's almost a form of abuse or torture. 

Offline Zee

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
Is it possible that the difference in the two situations is how we react while awaiting the final outcome?  In career-related situations, do we not still go to work, appreciate that we have a job, evenif it is not the best.  Or if we are unemployed, do we not still go out and continue to look while something we have already applied for is fermenting?

Could the success rate be related to the fact that when we don't dwell, and when the decision is left entirely up to another person, over whom we have little impact, and we are given only one option and that is to accept what is and leave the final outcome up to the Universe, then things tend to work out?

If we are unemployed, and are told we are going to get such and such job that we applied for, No we don't always continue to go out and look for a job. Interviewing is a big hassle, not as big as moving, but a pain nonetheless. So if we think it's in the bag, we stop looking (at least I've done this before). Or we get numerous readings, which confirms, I will get that position. I did not get one position I called readers about. Not one. I even had readers bring up another position which went to someone else and continue to tell me the company will call me back. I had this come up in at least two maybe three readings and it never happened. NEVER.

Because I had so many interviews, the position I have now, I just figured I wasn't going to get it. So, during the interview, although professional, I acted like I wasn't going to get it.  It was through yet another placement service, so when they called me (as so many do), I was like yeah okay, I'll go interview.  They asked if I had questions and I told him no because I thought, why would I question something I believe I'm not going to get.  They even told me I was one of the most laid back person that has ever come through their doors. Not only did I get the position, the manager told me before I left the interview.

The complete and definitive problem is getting readings in the first place.

I've come to believe everything has free will (EVERYTHING), which includes employment and as much as we'd like to think a position will be filled by the best fit candidate, this is hardly ever the case.  Emotions are involved a good percentage of the time, whether we see them or not and as humans it's completely unavoidable.  We all know someone who got a position because they knew someone, or because the person was attractive, or a person has been at the job so long, the company has to promote them (and none of these people really were the best fit candidate). This doesn't always happen, but there are many cases were it has.

I believe our success rate is not only related to letting the outcome go [once it has been told to us or it's something we severely desire], but just letting it go in general (even before we consider getting a reading).  We are suppose to ask for what we want, then let it go. I've heard this since the beginning of time and letting go just means to let things take their own course without manipulation from the participants.

If for example I don't get a reading, I still dwell on the outcome, just because it's important to me.  The {issue} is almost the only thing we can think about.  It's the focused energy that can pull, as well as push something away that we may want.  The affect readings have is that they verbalize things into becoming another form of focus. 

When we call to get readings, we're already focused on it (hence, why it's easy for a seasoned reader to pick up on it), so in essence we really can't blame readers right/or wrong for something we already are focused on.  Isn't that the reason we call? We are basically just adding fuel to the fire, by becoming more focused on it.

I may continue readings especially for the pep they give me when I'm down (this is the only thing I feel it's good for).  It's just another unbiased opinion/someone on my side, but I won't live my life through the information that was given to me, nor change the path I'm on because of it.

Offline Zee

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »
If you are convinced that the client is responsible for impacting a prediction based on their own reaction to it, then why get readings at all?  Wouldn't it make sense to encourage people to live their lives without the influence of these predictions?

Also, I think you mean well and you want everyone to get their happy ending, but when someone posts that things didn't happen and they didn't reunite with their past love, I think it's dangerous to encourage them to keep holding on.  I see why you like to provide alternate possibilities, but it's best for people to move on and live their lives without clinging to hope for YEARS and spending money on these calls in the process.  It's almost a form of abuse or torture.

Such a good description, I laughed when I read this Synergy, because abuse and torture is what it feels like when you're strung out on what a reader tells you and not knowing which direction to turn in.  I know, I've been there, but when you come out on the other side, we'll all understand (at some point) that we let the reading influence our decisions without doing what we would have done, before the reading instigated our thoughts.

It's so, so true.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 06:49:50 PM »

I said a client might be responsible for impacting a reading. Not that all clients are.  And I am not advocating getting a reading.  Some people do live their lives without the influence of predictions. It's their choice and yours.

Syn, I am not encouraging anyone to do anything.  In fact, the essence of what I am asking is - "perhaps clients should put aside the information received during a reading, as if they never had one".  So, in fact the result is that whatever is to happen happens - reading or otherwise.   
Syn, you are fully entitled to think whatever you wish about my well-meaning hopes and aspirations, but the truth is I have my own opinion, and I am entitled to it.  I, personally, feel you are not accepting even though you claim you have, when it comes to the potential of a relationship with this guy.  Perhaps surrendering might be wise.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 06:59:25 PM »

I said a client might be responsible for impacting a reading. Not that all clients are.  And I am not advocating getting a reading.  Some people do live their lives without the influence of predictions. It's their choice and yours.

Syn, I am not encouraging anyone to do anything.  In fact, the essence of what I am asking is - "perhaps clients should put aside the information received during a reading, as if they never had one".  So, in fact the result is that whatever is to happen happens - reading or otherwise.   
Syn, you are fully entitled to think whatever you wish about my well-meaning hopes and aspirations, but the truth is I have my own opinion, and I am entitled to it.  I, personally, feel you are not accepting even though you claim you have, when it comes to the potential of a relationship with this guy.  Perhaps surrendering might be wise.

I am not accepting what?  I am accepting reality and moving on with my life from there.  That doesn't mean my feelings for him will shut off.  It means I accept the friendship and also accept that he does not envision himself with me because he does not want to deal with children and simply sees himself being alone or with someone else who doesn't come with the "baggage" I come with.  Straight from the horse's mouth.  That's what I accept. 

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 07:04:26 PM »
Well, that's good then. My mistake.  I thought I read somewhere in your earlier post that you were being given predictions that he would come back around and reconsider AFTER he had already said this to you.  That's why I suggested you might not be accepting reality.

I am not accepting what?  I am accepting reality and moving on with my life from there.  That doesn't mean my feelings for him will shut off.  It means I accept the friendship and also accept that he does not envision himself with me because he does not want to deal with children and simply sees himself being alone or with someone else who doesn't come with the "baggage" I come with.  Straight from the horse's mouth.  That's what I accept.

Offline tellmewhy

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 07:25:32 PM »
I will say that, based on the things we don't believe in when we get readings are the very things that manifest. The same thing happened to me two years back when I had a reading, there were two things addressed and the one that I did not believe will happen in this lifetime is what manifested;(mind you, free will was attached to this cos it was regarding a particular race that I would normally not show interest in but, when something is meant to happen, it will) the other part of the reading that I believed in never manifested.!! Guess what, it was the same reader who addressed those two areas. I feel like letting go and forgetting we had a reading is when we see true manifestation. But let me ask each and everyone a question, How many of us can actually do this? If it is something we want and can see happening, we think about it day in and day out. All the readings I have had and focused on have not panned out and 95% of the ones I didn't believe in have. Sometimes I believe we change the outcome by dwelling on them and suffocate the true outcome. It is like holding on to something so tightly that you cannot even see it with your own eyes. So I will say it is wise not to have readings unless you can forget about it. I know I can’t

I to have been told something by a psychic that at the time seemed to be so far fetched that it would never happen.  Then 2 months later the exact thing she said would happen happened.  When I was only using Psychic Source I had the following experiences

Josephine:  I called her when my fling and I lost the place that we met.  A relative had moved into the apartment (rent free) and I thought this would be the end of us.  She told me You will still be together.  It m ay take a week or two to figure something out but you will continue this. We did!  She then told me that the relative would not be there long.  He would wait until they were out of town and sneak off.  Two months later when they were on vacation he did just that.  Moved out of state in the middle of the night with not so much as a word to them.  Who would have thought the someone would give up a completely free place to live.

Sadie:  She me that she seen me having a BBQ with him in the summer sometime and he would pay more attention to me than his wife.  I have know them for over 5 years and we had never BBQed together.  I thought she is being general with summer BBQ  who doesn't BBQ in the summer right..  I put it completely out of my head.  Towards the end of August I did have a BBQ with them and he did pay more attention to me that anyone else there.

Offline melancholia

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
Now, compare this with a relationship-related prediction.  What is similar?  What is different? In a relationship matter the client has the same vested interest in the query, and the outcome.  The subject of the query (the SO, or SM, or love interest, or ex) is akin to the hiring manager - detached, not invested, not emotional...possibly approaching the situation with intellectual process rather than heart-felt emotion.

I have to be honest with you - if the love interest is detached and emotionally not invested, then in theory there should be no positive reading.  The reading should be negative.  It's rare for an ex or a significant other or even a friend that you've got an interest in to be emotionally detached, though, because we're talking about a personal relationship - one way or another, they're going to feel something, even if that something is a strong desire to never go there again or a feeling like things are over.  The only time you'll be looking at a subject that is detached is if the person in question is unaware of the client's feelings and never even considered the possibility of a relationship - in which case, that should really come out in the reading.  Relationships are rarely intellectual endeavors.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
Yes, I have received positive predictions about this relationship AFTER he has told me that he is not interested in anything other than friendship.  With that said, a reading should not take precedence over reality.  His feelings about the fact I have children will not change.  This was an issue 2 years ago, is an issue now, and will always be an issue.  The right man for me will not care that I already have two children. 

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 07:56:01 PM »
Yeah...this is the challenge.  I am convinced the success rate IS determined by US!  The trick is actually DOING it.  I had a reading from Jenny Alton in mid year 2013.  She told me that the trick to getting a reading and having it manifest is to "put the information away".  She even showed me with my own life how this has happened and the things I disregard actually happen.  It happened after a reading I had with her in February this year.

The problem is that it takes a very determined and strong-willed person to disregard the glimpse we have had into the future.  It is near impossible to forget something we've seen - especially if it's something we are longing for. But we should try to do it.  If you can't dismiss and forget, then at the very least, relax in knowing it is coming and focus your attention on other things.

As an anecdote, I have a sister who loved to sneak into my parents closets before Christmas and look at what they had bought for us all.  My parents got to the point where they had t wrap everything once it was purchased, because they knew she would sneak in there.  My sister got so adept at undoing the sticky tape on the packages, looking at the contents and then slipping the contents back into the wrapping paper that she became the world's best wrapper since, but I digress.

Anyway, my parents wrapping the presents didn't deter my sister at all, but what she did develop along the years was a knack of completely DISMISSING what she had seen such that on Christmas Day she was often so delighted and surprised by each gift she opened, that it was as if she'd never seen them at all.  I am still not sure if it was the ability to dismiss, or the comfort she got of knowing that what she wanted was on its way - but either way I think it is the effect of surrendering that is the trick.  IF you can do it, that is.
I will say that, based on the things we don't believe in when we get readings are the very things that manifest. The same thing happened to me two years back when I had a reading, there were two things addressed and the one that I did not believe will happen in this lifetime is what manifested;(mind you, free will was attached to this cos it was regarding a particular race that I would normally not show interest in but, when something is meant to happen, it will) the other part of the reading that I believed in never manifested.!! Guess what, it was the same reader who addressed those two areas. I feel like letting go and forgetting we had a reading is when we see true manifestation. But let me ask each and everyone a question, How many of us can actually do this? If it is something we want and can see happening, we think about it day in and day out. All the readings I have had and focused on have not panned out and 95% of the ones I didn't believe in have. Sometimes I believe we change the outcome by dwelling on them and suffocate the true outcome. It is like holding on to something so tightly that you cannot even see it with your own eyes. So I will say it is wise not to have readings unless you can forget about it. I know I can’t

I to have been told something by a psychic that at the time seemed to be so far fetched that it would never happen.  Then 2 months later the exact thing she said would happen happened.  When I was only using Psychic Source I had the following experiences

Josephine:  I called her when my fling and I lost the place that we met.  A relative had moved into the apartment (rent free) and I thought this would be the end of us.  She told me You will still be together.  It m ay take a week or two to figure something out but you will continue this. We did!  She then told me that the relative would not be there long.  He would wait until they were out of town and sneak off.  Two months later when they were on vacation he did just that.  Moved out of state in the middle of the night with not so much as a word to them.  Who would have thought the someone would give up a completely free place to live.

Sadie:  She me that she seen me having a BBQ with him in the summer sometime and he would pay more attention to me than his wife.  I have know them for over 5 years and we had never BBQed together.  I thought she is being general with summer BBQ  who doesn't BBQ in the summer right..  I put it completely out of my head.  Towards the end of August I did have a BBQ with them and he did pay more attention to me that anyone else there.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 07:57:29 PM »
Somnus,
This isn't true at all.  People switch their focus and thus detach.  I don't mean absent of all feeling, I mean that they are distracted by something else. Just as we should be while we are "moving on".

I have to be honest with you - if the love interest is detached and emotionally not invested, then in theory there should be no positive reading.  The reading should be negative.  It's rare for an ex or a significant other or even a friend that you've got an interest in to be emotionally detached, though, because we're talking about a personal relationship - one way or another, they're going to feel something, even if that something is a strong desire to never go there again or a feeling like things are over.  The only time you'll be looking at a subject that is detached is if the person in question is unaware of the client's feelings and never even considered the possibility of a relationship - in which case, that should really come out in the reading.  Relationships are rarely intellectual endeavors.