Author Topic: Please don't call psychics anymore!  (Read 21350 times)

Offline Bark angel

Re: Please don't call psychics anymore!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 07:59:55 PM »
Syn,
People change their feelings all the time.  He can change his feelings.. and in point of fact those appear to me to be simply excuses - not reasons.  My point was that if you are getting readings about this matter after he has told you point blank that is not going to happen, have you actually accepted it?

Yes, I have received positive predictions about this relationship AFTER he has told me that he is not interested in anything other than friendship.  With that said, a reading should not take precedence over reality.  His feelings about the fact I have children will not change.  This was an issue 2 years ago, is an issue now, and will always be an issue.  The right man for me will not care that I already have two children.

Offline melancholia

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 08:08:41 PM »
Syn,
People change their feelings all the time.  He can change his feelings.. and in point of fact those appear to me to be simply excuses - not reasons.  My point was that if you are getting readings about this matter after he has told you point blank that is not going to happen, have you actually accepted it?

Yes, I have received positive predictions about this relationship AFTER he has told me that he is not interested in anything other than friendship.  With that said, a reading should not take precedence over reality.  His feelings about the fact I have children will not change.  This was an issue 2 years ago, is an issue now, and will always be an issue.  The right man for me will not care that I already have two children.

I'm going to be blunt. I think it's really inappropriate for you to be questioning people's acceptance of what is being told to them point blank.  If Synergy has accepted that this individual is not interested in a relationship, I don't see how it's appropriate to encourage her to consider that, oh, his feelings might change, these could just be excuses.

Are you sure you're not projecting your own hopes because you want to believe your readings were real?  Believe me, I think we'd all understand if you were because we've all been there at one point or another - reading stories of other people's predictions just barely falling short, hoping that the outcome would change for the better so that we could have some validation that, yes, these readings can pan out...but let's be real here.  They haven't, and like you, a lot of us have been getting readings for years.

We can go back and forth all day about dwelling, but encouraging people to hold on to hope when they've already made the conscious decision to move on is really kind of inconsiderate.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 08:22:01 PM »
Somnus,
All I am saying is that it is hard to accept and let something go.  I understand it is difficult.  I am the first to admit I have not.  But I also believe one has to speak one's truth.  I find it curious that someone is still calling about a love interest after being told there is no hope, if that person believes that the information give by the love interest is the truth. That's all.

You can take from the rest of the post what you want, but when you boil it all down, if someone has accepted that nothing will come of a relationship why would there be any reason to call a psychic about them?

Offline Zee

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 08:26:06 PM »
I'm going to be blunt. I think it's really inappropriate for you to be questioning people's acceptance of what is being told to them point blank.  If Synergy has accepted that this individual is not interested in a relationship, I don't see how it's appropriate to encourage her to consider that, oh, his feelings might change, these could just be excuses.

Are you sure you're not projecting your own hopes because you want to believe your readings were real?  Believe me, I think we'd all understand if you were because we've all been there at one point or another - reading stories of other people's predictions just barely falling short, hoping that the outcome would change for the better so that we could have some validation that, yes, these readings can pan out...but let's be real here.  They haven't, and like you, a lot of us have been getting readings for years.

We can go back and forth all day about dwelling, but encouraging people to hold on to hope when they've already made the conscious decision to move on is really kind of inconsiderate.

Personally, I think you're misreading Bark Angel's intent. I got the impression she was trying to figure out how outcomes happen, the reason they don't....how it's possible for the caller to be responsible for the outcome as well....just information about readings in general (or I could be wrong). I thought she was on to something, not necessarily trying to ram her beliefs down anyone else's throats.  She (as it appears to me) was just using Synergy as a variable or example to give proof to her theory. There are two sides to everything.

ETA------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I meant to add. I don't think she believes anyone has made the conscious decision to move on, then they still wouldn't be calling readers about the issue. Besides, it's a process. One doesn't just turn off their feelings like a light switch. There is still hope somewhere no matter how miniscule that it will work out. Part of that process too is talking it out, and here we are.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:42:47 PM by Zee »

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »
Somnus,
All I am saying is that it is hard to accept and let something go.  I understand it is difficult.  I am the first to admit I have not.  But I also believe one has to speak one's truth.  I find it curious that someone is still calling about a love interest after being told there is no hope, if that person believes that the information give by the love interest is the truth. That's all.

You can take from the rest of the post what you want, but when you boil it all down, if someone has accepted that nothing will come of a relationship why would there be any reason to call a psychic about them?

Nope.  That's not what happened.  I did not call to talk about the person in question returning.  In one instance, I called about an entirely different situation and the person in question came up in the reading and the reader told me he would return romatically.  In the other two instances, I got readings because this person reached out to me for help with something after giving me his speech.  I was curious what his intent was... I was NOT trying to see if we would reconcile.  Via this line of questions, both readers indicated he would eventually return romantically, HOWEVER, both mentioned that one primary driver would be sex. 

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »
Exactly, Zee!

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 08:37:07 PM »
Syn,
I am not trying to exploit your situation.  We all know how hard it is to move on.  I am pretty sure that if the vast majority of us were to be completely honest with ourselves, most of us haven't.  I know I haven't.

All I am saying is that if you had accepted it as final, curiosity would not matter.  Nothing would! 

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 08:43:32 PM »
Ok...my point to this conversation is getting lost so I will leave with this comment.  I think we do have a role in whether a psychic prediction happens or not.  The more we want it, the more we play a role.  The more active we are in the prediction and the events leading up to the outcome, the longer it will take if it ever manifests at all.

Even when we think we are not playing a role, we are... our minds play tricks on us, as we try to convince ourselves that we are not dwelling on the issue.  If we could put it aside, and I mean really put it aside, the final outcome would carry as much weight as some of the incidental predictions that manifest during our calls to readers that we totally dismiss as insignificant and unnecessary.  Ever consider why they might come to fruition?  Perhaps, just perhaps because they ARE insignificant.

This could go on until the prediction no longer means as much to us anymore.  When the final outcome means less to us, such that it too becomes insignificant, that, folks, is probably when the prediction happens!

Offline Zee

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »
How does one surrender? Distractions are temporary.  How does one let go? Our minds are the strongest forces of our beings.

I've asked this from my share of psychics and almost none have been able to give any concrete answer and when people say "just live your life" is not an answer because even when you're strung out, you're still living. It might not be the life you envision, but it's still living. Well, by all means, please explain how it's done.

...and meditation is a crock, so don't say this either.
If I have to meditate to stop thinking about something I want so that it happens, I'm still thinking about it.  I feel I am getting closer to an answer, just by how I've come to have the position I have now, but I still don't have the complete answer.

Offline melancholia

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 09:19:48 PM »
How does one surrender? Distractions are temporary.  How does one let go? Our minds are the strongest forces of our beings.

I've asked this from my share of psychics and almost none have been able to give any concrete answer and when people say "just live your life" is not an answer because even when you're strung out, you're still living. It might not be the life you envision, but it's still living. Well, by all means, please explain how it's done.

...and meditation is a crock, so don't say this either.
If I have to meditate to stop thinking about something I want so that it happens, I'm still thinking about it.  I feel I am getting closer to an answer, just by how I've come to have the position I have now, but I still don't have the complete answer.

What you have to do...or at least, what I've had to do in the past...is basically whatever you'd do to get over a nasty breakup.  And at first it is just distraction, but eventually (with what is essentially practice) it helps you keep your mind off the situation and you learn to move on.

The last time I went through this (and probably what I should do again now), I hit the gym just about every day, I rearranged my room and painted it a new color, I made a point of joining a few social groups on meetup.com, and I made a point of finding a creative outlet.  For me, that's writing - I'd go to a park or a Starbucks or anywhere that would not remind me of my relationship and I'd write. 

For you, it might be different.  But it's all down to practice.

That said, it doesn't stop you from thinking about it entirely - it can't, because Lord knows it hurts.  I think the key is to keep yourself from thinking about it constantly, and that's where the distractions come in.  And after you do it enough, it just kind of...happens.  (But admittedly, sometimes that takes seemingly FOREVER.)

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2014, 11:10:18 PM »
I think by "surrender" what you have to do is envision your life in front of you without this "outcome" developing into reality.  So if you have a love interest that you want to reconcile with, one needs to wake up each morning with the notion that your life is your own and there is no one person missing at this time. Your love life is a blank canvas, open to new relationships.  Whoever you will be spending your life with has yet to arrive.

I read on one site that actually in the process of "surrendering" you don't actually have to move forward in a relationship with anyone else.  You could clear up closets, organize your home, clean out clutter. It is the process of removing what does not work that provides the Universe the space to bring something "new" in.  And by "new" I don't only mean a relationship with someone new, but it can also mean a new start to a former lover. It could mean opening new doors by expanding your horizons, or taking on a new hobby, a new course, new activities. You are growing and moving forward as a person and not stagnating as a person until the Universe feels the time is right to return whatever you desire to your life.

What surrendering does is shifts your focus away longing for something that is missing or not there to creating space and opportunity for something new to come in.

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2014, 11:05:57 PM »
What a true statement!!!!!    They are only going to (if they are good) predict the future, which will happen regardless if we call or not.

On Keen, I have not spent that much, I do like they go through paypal, so it is quick process. But I have not found anyone that was good for me, at least for things that came true.

OKAY....Now for my big questions, CP used to have a psychic who was as good as Leslie, her name was Battina, she is no longer on CP/I do remember seeing her somewhere on another psychic site....if anyone knows who she is and where she is now....please let me know.

trust yourself

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »
Her name spelled Bettina....Ugh if only I would not get these urges to call!

What a true statement!!!!!    They are only going to (if they are good) predict the future, which will happen regardless if we call or not.

On Keen, I have not spent that much, I do like they go through paypal, so it is quick process. But I have not found anyone that was good for me, at least for things that came true.

OKAY....Now for my big questions, CP used to have a psychic who was as good as Leslie, her name was Battina, she is no longer on CP/I do remember seeing her somewhere on another psychic site....if anyone knows who she is and where she is now....please let me know.

trust yourself

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 11:24:38 PM »
Just started to google Psychic Bettina....lordy lord....quite a few Bettina's.....I surrender!!!!!!!!

Whatever is going to happen is going to happen!

Her name spelled Bettina....Ugh if only I would not get these urges to call!

trust yourself

Offline hope4love

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2014, 11:54:17 PM »
trust yourself

Absolutely! We are our own best psychics!

anything