Author Topic: Recording phone calls?  (Read 6033 times)

Offline HornetKick

Re: Recording phone calls?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 05:49:19 PM »
fair warning with the recording apps; be careful of which one you choose. I had downloaded an app when I was still getting readings and sure, it worked well enough.

But then one day I was listening to music on my phone and a random audio file started playing. It was muffled, but some conversation was able to be heard. I was confused at first and replayed it and realized it was a conversation I'd had at work while my phone was in my pocket!! I started searching in my phone and found a "audio" folder. It was full of random recordings anywhere from 5 seconds to even 2 minutes long. The app was randomly recording things at any given time! And not phone calls, it was conversations when my phone had been in my pocket at work or at home on my desk. it had utterly creeped me out that this app was listening in on me at any time and I deleted it right away.
Things like this don't freak me out, but I use ASR and Easy Voice Recorder, both are free downloads. It saves a file on your phone, which I remove to my computer to back up. Start recording the call before you make the call, so the other party doesn't know and place them on speaker. You can also test it with a friend beforehand.