Author Topic: Recording phone calls?  (Read 6225 times)

Rediska

Recording phone calls?
« on: February 24, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
I installed google voice on my phone. The part where it says to record incoming calls, it wont let me enable it. :( anyone know how to do this?

Rediska

Re: Recording phone calls?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 04:08:40 PM »
I installed google voice on my phone. The part where it says to record incoming calls, it wont let me enable it. :( anyone know how to do this?

Update! Okay, got it to work. BUT, do I update my phone number on keen.com as the google phone number or as my regular number

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 05:10:23 PM »
I just downloaded an app to record my calls. :)

Offline kumamon

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 05:14:31 PM »
can anyone help which app is good for iOS?

Rediska

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »

What is it? I have an iPhone

Offline kumamon

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »

What is it? I have an iPhone

Hi Rediska, so you are able to use google voice to record on iphone? but how can i get the google number?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 08:07:01 PM »
https://voice.google.com

Offline peppie

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 02:12:01 AM »
Is it legal to record phone calls? I heard in certain states it's against the law. Is this true?

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 03:25:15 AM »
Is it legal to record phone calls? I heard in certain states it's against the law. Is this true?

Don't tell the reader you are doing it.  I did once and she got really upset and said she didn't know if she would read again for me. She said it was against Keens rules.

stargazer

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 10:35:53 AM »
recording a phone conversation without the other party knowing is against the law in most states

Offline peppie

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 02:59:34 PM »
do you think readers record calls? i would be mad if i found out a reader did.

Offline Shayalay

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 03:26:46 PM »

Don't tell the reader you are doing it.  I did once and she got really upset and said she didn't know if she would read again for me. She said it was against Keens rules.

I always record and my readers know, and none of them have ever said it's against Keen rules. Most of them say "good." Maybe for the readers it is, which would make sense.

Rediska

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »

I always record and my readers know, and none of them have ever said it's against Keen rules. Most of them say "good." Maybe for the readers it is, which would make sense.

What software do you use?

Offline Shayalay

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 08:06:57 AM »
Me? I use Quicktime on my Macbook with my phone on speaker. My friend used one of those apps only to have it not record sometimes, also when she went to listen back to some they had disappeared. She now uses my method. 

Offline HopefulHeart

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »
fair warning with the recording apps; be careful of which one you choose. I had downloaded an app when I was still getting readings and sure, it worked well enough.

But then one day I was listening to music on my phone and a random audio file started playing. It was muffled, but some conversation was able to be heard. I was confused at first and replayed it and realized it was a conversation I'd had at work while my phone was in my pocket!! I started searching in my phone and found a "audio" folder. It was full of random recordings anywhere from 5 seconds to even 2 minutes long. The app was randomly recording things at any given time! And not phone calls, it was conversations when my phone had been in my pocket at work or at home on my desk. it had utterly creeped me out that this app was listening in on me at any time and I deleted it right away.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:14:02 PM by HopefulHeart »

anything