Author Topic: I want to quit  (Read 7043 times)

Offline sai07

I want to quit
« on: January 31, 2024, 11:30:55 PM »
Hi everyone, I just needed a space to share. My Psychic journey began in 2021, wasn't sure about a hot/cold POI, who I recently just broke contact with b/c he went MIA on me for two months straight without explanation. He couldn't explain the absence to me, which was obvious...he was seeing someone else.

Anyways, I have spent so so much on psychics, I'm ashamed of my habit. I do feel like psychics have been a safe space to talk about relationship issues but it has come at a financial expense. It has put me behind on a downpayment on a house as well as credit card payments. I am now at the point where I feel like I should be comfortable letting a POI go vs letting my financial health slip anymore. I want to put myself first. I want to love me more than a POI that is hot/cold.

I just need to trust myself more and accept that there will be more lonely days, more anxiety-ridden days, more days where I am crying over a boy because I have to go through the process vs getting my dopamine hits from readings, and more days where I need to trust myself to leave a POI vs use a psychic to get a read on his 'real' feelings and the 'future'.

I feel disappointed in myself, I want to let go of this habit. I have started reading this thread, if you have had any success getting rid of the addiction, I would love to hear first-hand.

Thank you!

Offline Kate

Re: I want to quit
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 01:51:32 AM »
Hi everyone, I just needed a space to share. My Psychic journey began in 2021, wasn't sure about a hot/cold POI, who I recently just broke contact with b/c he went MIA on me for two months straight without explanation. He couldn't explain the absence to me, which was obvious...he was seeing someone else.

Anyways, I have spent so so much on psychics, I'm ashamed of my habit. I do feel like psychics have been a safe space to talk about relationship issues but it has come at a financial expense. It has put me behind on a downpayment on a house as well as credit card payments. I am now at the point where I feel like I should be comfortable letting a POI go vs letting my financial health slip anymore. I want to put myself first. I want to love me more than a POI that is hot/cold.

I just need to trust myself more and accept that there will be more lonely days, more anxiety-ridden days, more days where I am crying over a boy because I have to go through the process vs getting my dopamine hits from readings, and more days where I need to trust myself to leave a POI vs use a psychic to get a read on his 'real' feelings and the 'future'.

I feel disappointed in myself, I want to let go of this habit. I have started reading this thread, if you have had any success getting rid of the addiction, I would love to hear first-hand.

Thank you!

I think we've all been where you are - I for one, still am. I would like to get to the point where I do not need to seek advice from a psychic and spend the amount of money I do, to talk to the ones I feel are most accurate for me.

At times, it feels like the conversations are very helpful - I have a few psychics that I've spoken to that have been instrumental to my growth and healing.
Kisha perhaps most of all - I was devastated when she stopped reading. More so - she was affordable compared to many others - and outstanding in her abilities.

Even so - the most useful reads I had with Kisha were not about love, or general reads on what was ahead, or career reads. It was the self growth and healing readings. I miss those the most - because they held the key to giving up readings once and for all. They were about becoming a whole person - not feeling any longing or need to please others - and not fearing the future. I still listen to those readings. They are still very relevant.

All in all - you won't give up until you heal inside and identify the reason why you call - and start to do the work to release the fears.

I wish I had better advice on how you do that. I struggle with it myself.

Be kind to yourself - calling a psychic isn't a sin. We can forgive ourselves for it and heal and grow X

Offline Zipocal

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 04:14:24 AM »
Just know you are not alone and dont be too hard on yourself.  It sucks but in time we will all heal and hopefully be happy.

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 12:39:00 PM »
I have been there too. You really deserve better than someone who blows hot and cold with you.

I’ve posted before about trying not to have phone readings and deal with the emotions like anxiety and low self esteem and becoming more resilient. It’s not easy though and I am trying to wean myself off the readings.

If you can go 10 days without a reading you will probably feel better and more in control of your situation. I have tried to distract myself when I want a reading. I tell myself if I can get to 8pm without one I am doing great and then won’t have one that day.

Let us know how you get on

Offline sai07

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 04:49:07 PM »
Thanks so much, @Kate! Yes, that's sort of how I have felt as well, it's more therapy in a way. I can talk about things with people in a judgmental or friendly fashion. I think the sad point is when the predictions don't pan out. Then even some of that trust is lost and I feel like an idiot for trusting someone. I haven't found anyone (I use Keen) that has been consistent with predictions, especially big ones like landing a job or commitment. Contact timing is always hit and miss IMO.

@Zipocal, thank you, I hope to be happy and not reliant on something external for happiness, it is a journey.

@Chocolate thank you, yes, I want to go reading-free for the next week! And if I can do that, would be a great success. Re: hot/cold, I know I have an anxious attachment style and need proper therapy for that most likely, I have devoured videos on detachment on YouTube but there is an underlying psychological issue to addiction - which is escaping the current reality - which makes me think, I need to then change my reality if I am that unhappy (which I am).

Thank you for your reply and your support x
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 04:52:27 PM by sai07 »

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 07:00:28 PM »

Thank you!

Get the sites to block you
Wean yourself off
Know that cravings and feeling low are Part of life. The cravings go sway with time. Feeling low youll always have those days.

Offline Kate

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 01:48:41 AM »

Thank you!

Get the sites to block you
Wean yourself off
Know that cravings and feeling low are Part of life. The cravings go sway with time. Feeling low youll always have those days.

CP will never block you - you can leave - but they will let you resurrect your account on a whim - no matter what they say.

Offline Kate

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 01:51:31 AM »
Thanks so much, @Kate! Yes, that's sort of how I have felt as well, it's more therapy in a way. I can talk about things with people in a judgmental or friendly fashion. I think the sad point is when the predictions don't pan out. Then even some of that trust is lost and I feel like an idiot for trusting someone. I haven't found anyone (I use Keen) that has been consistent with predictions, especially big ones like landing a job or commitment. Contact timing is always hit and miss IMO.

@Zipocal, thank you, I hope to be happy and not reliant on something external for happiness, it is a journey.

@Chocolate thank you, yes, I want to go reading-free for the next week! And if I can do that, would be a great success. Re: hot/cold, I know I have an anxious attachment style and need proper therapy for that most likely, I have devoured videos on detachment on YouTube but there is an underlying psychological issue to addiction - which is escaping the current reality - which makes me think, I need to then change my reality if I am that unhappy (which I am).

Honestly - I think Keen is the worse.. I used it a lot between 2017-2018 - I was grateful at that point to find Cookie and Kisha - they were the standouts in terms of seeing the future. But now Cookie is inaccurate for me on anything other than very short-term predictions. And Kisha has retired... so...

Offline sai07

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 02:31:50 AM »

Honestly - I think Keen is the worse.. I used it a lot between 2017-2018 - I was grateful at that point to find Cookie and Kisha - they were the standouts in terms of seeing the future. But now Cookie is inaccurate for me on anything other than very short-term predictions. And Kisha has retired... so...

I have not read with the famous Cookie - she's got such a long lineup/ callers waiting. But nearly every reader I have read with has been off :/ A few details have been correct. One was with Lindas Spirit telling me someone would come back and he did, but the communication is SO hot and cold. There have been no major predictions that have come to life. I know I use it when I am feeling sad or frustrated and need a dopamine hit but my brain can't seem to rationalize, hey girl, you got bills to pay, STOP.

Offline midwest60

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2024, 05:32:41 PM »
I once waited for the infamous Cookie, hoping she would provide the correct guidance after speaking with dozens of readers.  I found her to be the most "off."  Some said "everything she says will make sense in time."  None of it did and never has.  There will always be someone else to speak with. It's just your choice when you want to stop the process. You are in control.

Offline sai07

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2024, 06:54:46 PM »
I once waited for the infamous Cookie, hoping she would provide the correct guidance after speaking with dozens of readers.  I found her to be the most "off."  Some said "everything she says will make sense in time."  None of it did and never has.  There will always be someone else to speak with. It's just your choice when you want to stop the process. You are in control.

Thank you for sharing, I agree it is a choice. Discipline is what I am lacking but I am feeling disillusioned enough right now when I am not going back - it has only been 2-3 days but I am committed to at least stretching out for a week and then longer.

Offline midwest60

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2024, 07:40:37 PM »
Be good to yourself.  Like any addiction, there are ups and downs. I find that my best alternative to calling psychics is to do something that I always wanted to try or complete. The sense of accomplishment has outweighed the desire to call. And, or course, for me, my faith has helped me a great deal. Life just seems to go better for me when centered around faith as solutions I never fathomed often become present.

Offline Mina

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2024, 08:10:01 PM »
Be good to yourself.  Like any addiction, there are ups and downs. I find that my best alternative to calling psychics is to do something that I always wanted to try or complete. The sense of accomplishment has outweighed the desire to call. And, or course, for me, my faith has helped me a great deal. Life just seems to go better for me when centered around faith as solutions I never fathomed often become present.

Yup so true!

Getting my mind to STOP FOCUSING on what I don’t have and challenge the mind to FOCUS ON WHAT I DO HAVE, what I can do to have fulfilling life BESIDES this… it is challenging to practice but it’s sometimes not about “can’t have reading today, can’t think about POI, can’t think about what psychic said” it’s like my brain is still focusing on the “can’t”.  And it’s exactly like the phrase “don’t think about the pink elephants” and well one thinks about pink elephants.
So currently I am saving up for trip in April- I didn’t go to this trip with my friends in Sept to go hot air ballooning, which I use to do, and I didnt go skiing with a friend for their birthday and I just feel like I’m missing out on life. So this next “thing” for me is this do this trip in April- to see Complete Solar Totality … and it focus on that has helped me saved money

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2024, 10:20:14 PM »
I was successful in breaking the addiction. It was at its worst for me around 2017-2019 ish. I got readings about 3 POI’s whom I was obsessed with. Each relationship fell through due to circumstances that I had no control of. The last POI kept me hanging on by responding to my text messages for a year but not actually taking action to get back together.

Eventually I was fed up after spending thousands and still empty handed. I finally stopped because I just didn’t have faith in the readings anymore.

In the end I moved on from each person, and to this day I now realize that none of them were right for me and I wasn’t even ready to find “the one” at the stage that I was at in my life.

I recently ended my first long term 2 year relationship which was extremely verbally and emotionally abusive. I am single and sometimes lonely but I’ve learned to cope with reality and allow things to play out. Every once in a blue moon I will get a reading, but I wouldn’t spend more than $50 per year on them now.

My advice is to please tell yourself “Why do I want to be with someone who doesn’t want to be with me? I deserve someone who doesn’t keep me waiting and who is direct about their feelings towards me.”

That was the lesson that I needed to learn above all others. This is 2024. It takes only seconds to send or reply to a text message. If someone really wants to get in contact with you, they’ll do so now. I too made the mistake of waiting months for people to come around, and the psychics only encouraged me by giving the next season’s time frames and telling me the person is scared, confused, blah blah blah.

It wasn’t the people I wanted. I wanted what I imagined the people to be, and none of them were that. Often times we want what we don’t have, and one we have it we realize that’s it’s not what it was cracked up to be.

The right person will one day come into your life and stay. They won’t keep you guessing, or waiting. They won’t ignore you or make excuses about disappearing.

Offline Army

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2024, 12:58:42 AM »
It took me two years and a half to get over my anxiety.. when I look back I am like.. what was I thinking?? So much financial damage in psychics over a guy.. I look back and I now wish I had all my money back..
My psychic binges are over and I have more financial freedom..
anxiety is one of the worst feelings we could ever have..
but good news is that dark chapter is now behind me..
I am so much happier and now looking for a new job, new career choice.. as I am wanting a more challenging environment..