Author Topic: I want to quit  (Read 7075 times)

Offline Beachgal0218

Re: I want to quit
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 05:28:47 PM »
I got hooked in 2019. I had a POI I was hooked on and it was really hard.  My story is involved but ultimately I recognized a few main things -
1. I wasnt happy in a relationship I was in, which made me seek the validation and attention from the POI; 
2. Realized I was addicted to both psychic readings (the future) and POI;
3. In order to move on from POI I needed to let go of the current relationship I was in.

I ended up leaving my marriage , something I never thought was possible, and in doing so I also cut off my POI at the same time. He was never going to leave his gf even though he was quite happy mucking up my life and allowing me to do so.  So when I ended marriage, I ended things with POI and he respected that.

I still think of him from time to time, even weekly or monthly. but I do not act on it, I do not call him, text him, or call a psychic on him. we have not had communication since November 2022. not totally true, he contacted me Feb 2023 in middle of the night two nights in a row and I told him I worked hard to move on from two relationships that did not serve me and asked him to not contact me again. that I was finally happy. and he said he would not, and has not.  I have gotten a handful of messages to social stories from his good buddy and I am sure its him, but I dont respond to them. just comments here or there.

Getting to that point of leaving my marriage was the most difficult. I ultimately left in Fall of 2022. that was scary, unnerving, brave, hard, everything. but it was the best decision and allowed me to let a new love into my life.

in the same fall of 2022 I met my current long term boyfriend. he is amazing and I will not pretend that meeting him was not a huge factor in helping me move on from POI. but I will say I would never have met him if I had not done the hardest work myself- which was deciding to leave the marriage.   the biggest shift absolutely came from my own healing and decision to leave a marriage.

once I did that, once I took the plunge, I was in a position to meet a real someone , someone I could actually be with. not someone in hiding. not someone not committed. but someone who wanted me and wanted to be in a relationship.

while my partner did help me replace my romantic feelings from POI to him, it was ME and MY choices that led me to my bf. 

I did a lot of work on trying to break the addiction - I had therapy, I got into reiki, I mediated, I set goals, financial and daily.

I have been where you are and I have come out on the other side.

some things that helped me:
not going to this site as much (I found I was addicted to new stories, new threads, new reviews)
not going on discord
basically blocking things that I felt "enabled" my habit or encouraged or even maintained.
blocking the POI so he could not see my stories ( I was addicted to him seeing my stuff and posting cool shit so he WOULD see)
blocking POI on phone so he couldnt contact
challenging myself to financial goals of not spending on sites
looking at my progress and being proud of how I could search back through keen and see months with ZERO readings!!! HUGE!

in the end, I realized life happens regardless of if its predicted and I have realized no matter what a psychic says, to trust what you SEE not what you hope to hear. bc what they feed you may be true or not, but if the person is not showing you what you deserve, trust them!  The right person WILL and you wont need a psychic to tell u anything! <3

good luck!!

Offline Beachgal0218

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2024, 05:32:30 PM »
I got hooked in 2019. I had a POI I was hooked on and it was really hard.  My story is involved but ultimately I recognized a few main things -
1. I wasnt happy in a relationship I was in, which made me seek the validation and attention from the POI; 
3. In order to move on from POI I needed to let go of the current relationship I was in.

I ended up leaving my marriage , something I never thought was possible, and in doing so I also cut off my POI at the same time. He was never going to leave his gf even though he was quite happy mucking up my life and allowing me to do so.  So when I ended marriage, I ended things with POI and he respected that.

I still think of him from time to time, even weekly or monthly. but I do not act on it, I do not call him, text him, or call a psychic on him. we have not had communication since November 2022. not totally true, he contacted me Feb 2023 in middle of the night two nights in a row and I told him I worked hard to move on from two relationships that did not serve me and asked him to not contact me again. that I was finally happy. and he said he would not, and has not.  I have gotten a handful of messages to social stories from his good buddy and I am sure its him, but I dont respond to them. just comments here or there.

Getting to that point of leaving my marriage was the most difficult. I ultimately left in Fall of 2022. that was scary, unnerving, brave, hard, everything. but it was the best decision and allowed me to let a new love into my life.

in the same fall of 2022 I met my current long term boyfriend. he is amazing and I will not pretend that meeting him was not a huge factor in helping me move on from POI. but I will say I would never have met him if I had not done the hardest work myself- which was deciding to leave the marriage.   the biggest shift absolutely came from my own healing and decision to leave a marriage.

once I did that, once I took the plunge, I was in a position to meet a real someone , someone I could actually be with. not someone in hiding. not someone not committed. but someone who wanted me and wanted to be in a relationship with me.

while my partner did help me replace my romantic feelings from POI to him, it was ME and MY choices that led me to my bf. 

I did a lot of work on trying to break the addiction - I had therapy, I got into reiki, I mediated, I set goals, financial and daily.

not going to this site as much (I found I was addicted to new stories, new threads, new reviews)
not going on discord
basically blocking things that I felt "enabled" my habit or encouraged or even maintained.
blocking the POI so he could not see my stories ( I was addicted to him seeing my stuff and posting cool shit so he WOULD see)
looking at my progress and being proud of how I could search back through keen and see months with ZERO readings!!! HUGE!

in the end, I realized life happens regardless of if its predicted and I have realized no matter what a psychic says, to trust what you SEE not what you hope to hear. bc what they feed you may be true or not, but if the person is not showing you what you deserve, trust them!  The right person WILL and you wont need a psychic to tell u anything! <3

good luck!!

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2024, 09:45:42 AM »
Weaning myself off readings seems to be working for me. I find if I can go 10 days without one there is less chance of me having loads. I try to just have occasional readings with psychics who have their own businesses rather than being on the phone lines. I like having readings and it can be like therapy because the good readers can be so accurate with my situation and I can take the predictions with a pinch of salt so to speak.

At my worst point I spent £700 in a month on readings. Now I don’t have much interest in having readings with so called psychics who predict things that don’t come true.

If I can do this anyone else can wean themselves off the readings and feel more in control of their money or stop readings completely

Offline sai07

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2024, 06:14:43 PM »
Weaning myself off readings seems to be working for me. I find if I can go 10 days without one there is less chance of me having loads. I try to just have occasional readings with psychics who have their own businesses rather than being on the phone lines. I like having readings and it can be like therapy because the good readers can be so accurate with my situation and I can take the predictions with a pinch of salt so to speak.

At my worst point I spent £700 in a month on readings. Now I don’t have much interest in having readings with so called psychics who predict things that don’t come true.

If I can do this anyone else can wean themselves off the readings and feel more in control of their money or stop readings completely

Thanks Chocolate. I have a lot of anxiety when I do not hear from my POI and I desperately want him to commit to me but that is neither in a psychic's power or in my power so I feel I need to turn to faith. I have given up on asking readers about my career because so far no one has gotten it right. But I also feel like a career is somewhat in my control. I know if I put in the effort and time, I will land somewhere. It is different with love.

I am waiting on a POI prediction primarily but the relationship itself gives me anxiety. It's not ideal and I feel obsessive about this person - clearly not healthy and I am struggling to manage this.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 06:17:29 PM by sai07 »

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2024, 12:53:02 PM »
I read a post on social media written by a therapist that said something along the lines of rather than looking at the way you handle relationships first consider that you are wasting time on someone who is inconsistent. It’s a good way of looking at it

Offline sai07

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2024, 02:31:06 AM »
Thought I would provide an update.

So my journey to quit has been up and down - I wish I could do better. I have days I am good and days I am not. Days I do not hear from my POI I am extremely emotionally triggered and feel my world is caving him. I love him and it's hard.

Today I started a clean slate again and hope to go reading-free for a week at minimum.

Ty for reading / listening.

Offline Tjk197901

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2024, 03:30:25 AM »
My last paid reading was sometime in November and I struggle and want to call th lines myself. It’s a bitch and I know better than some. I spent $30-40k in a short period of time. It’s depressing, and it kills me everyday to think about it. I did say PAID readings… I do use the free AI tarot readings and things like that. I mean I don’t plan my day around them but why the hell is the difference? Some psychics were or are right and maybe just maybe the free AI is right.Psychics are truly an addiction that I know unfortunately to much about. I hope and pray you can quit as I have, at least with paid readings. I came so close this evening to calling a hotline and I was very fortunate that I stopped myself. It’s a rotten addiction, and a very costly one at that. Best of luck.

Offline sai07

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2024, 05:02:49 AM »
My last paid reading was sometime in November and I struggle and want to call th lines myself. It’s a bitch and I know better than some. I spent $30-40k in a short period of time. It’s depressing, and it kills me everyday to think about it. I did say PAID readings… I do use the free AI tarot readings and things like that. I mean I don’t plan my day around them but why the hell is the difference? Some psychics were or are right and maybe just maybe the free AI is right.Psychics are truly an addiction that I know unfortunately to much about. I hope and pray you can quit as I have, at least with paid readings. I came so close this evening to calling a hotline and I was very fortunate that I stopped myself. It’s a rotten addiction, and a very costly one at that. Best of luck.

Ah I don’t even want to tell you how much I’ve spent - it’s embarrassing. It’s literally cost me putting off purchasing a home. I think I would have had a home last year if I was smarter with my money. I’m realllllly trying to put my faith in God/ the universe because at the end of the day a psychic is not going to get me a new job or my love. Thank you so much for your support x I’m so glad you’re holding strong !!!

Offline Mina

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2024, 05:29:53 AM »

Thanks Chocolate. I have a lot of anxiety when I do not hear from my POI and I desperately want him to commit to me but that is neither in a psychic's power or in my power so I feel I need to turn to faith. I have given up on asking readers about my career because so far no one has gotten it right. But I also feel like a career is somewhat in my control. I know if I put in the effort and time, I will land somewhere. It is different with love.

I am waiting on a POI prediction primarily but the relationship itself gives me anxiety. It's not ideal and I feel obsessive about this person - clearly not healthy and I am struggling to manage this.

I think one pivotal moment for me realizing why I used psychics was this wounded core belief that “I overwhelm ppl that I’m too much”. This is a maladaptive coping mechanism; if I could cope by paying psychic then seeking reassurance from my significant other, or friends, then to overwhelm them- that was the lesser of two evils? And I regret subscribing to that ideology; but I forgive and surrender this too. Inner child work does help with that

And I now realize if I’m going to overwhelm them it’s ok. Is it better? … I’m going to say: probably because being ashamed of being too sensitive was never really the issue- and that part for better or worse it’s who my partner will get. This this who I am.

BUT I am still learning to change how I communicate in relationships and I am still willing to grow and change to not put my self worth on ppl, places, jobs or things

There is power in the serenity prayer.

Offline sai07

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2024, 09:07:30 PM »
@mina I 100% know what you mean. I don’t even talk to my close girlfriends about my POI because I really think they would struggle to understand me. I feel very alone in this. I have started journaling a bit and talking to God. It’s not perfect. But it’s a start. I just don’t see my friends accepting me or will tell me to “move on” - moving on is hard when you’re so madly in love with one person.

That said, I completely understand you. I’m very expressive and emotional - and I need to talk to think and not everyone  is open to listening. I’m taking baby steps to get off of psychics. They’re not really friends if I have to pay to hear made-up predictions. Some have really nice and comforting voices and it’s easy to want to talk to talk to them but it all comes down to wasted dollars :(

Offline sai07

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2024, 09:09:02 PM »

once I did that, once I took the plunge, I was in a position to meet a real someone , someone I could actually be with. not someone in hiding. not someone not committed. but someone who wanted me and wanted to be in a relationship.

not going on discord

good luck!!

Thank you for sharing - inspirational

Offline sai07

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2024, 09:15:01 PM »
It took me two years and a half to get over my anxiety.. when I look back I am like.. what was I thinking?? So much financial damage in psychics over a guy.. I look back and I now wish I had all my money back..
My psychic binges are over and I have more financial freedom..
anxiety is one of the worst feelings we could ever have..
but good news is that dark chapter is now behind me..
I am so much happier and now looking for a new job, new career choice.. as I am wanting a more challenging environment..

Army, thanks for sharing, how did you get over your anxiety? Mine is so bad that I break down into tears.

Offline Army

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2024, 09:43:10 AM »
It took me two years and a half to get over my anxiety.. when I look back I am like.. what was I thinking?? So much financial damage in psychics over a guy.. I look back and I now wish I had all my money back..
I am so much happier and now looking for a new job, new career choice.. as I am wanting a more challenging environment..

Army, thanks for sharing, how did you get over your anxiety? Mine is so bad that I break down into tears.

Ohh darling I am so sorry to hear that… you will pull through.. basically my anxiety went away on its own.. it was all about a boy back in the days.. not knowing what was going to happen.. then the heart break.. then I was in denial.. then anxiety be used I was holding on to so much hope.. then one day BOOM. I confronted the guy.. I turned a sharp corner with the situation then my anxiety disappeared.. I was on a path to healing.. it just went away.. it is hard.  It is very hard.. but things get better..with time things get better :)

Offline sai07

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2024, 03:52:27 AM »

Ohh darling I am so sorry to hear that… you will pull through.. basically my anxiety went away on its own.. it was all about a boy back in the days.. not knowing what was going to happen.. then the heart break.. then I was in denial.. then anxiety be used I was holding on to so much hope.. then one day BOOM. I confronted the guy.. I turned a sharp corner with the situation then my anxiety disappeared.. I was on a path to healing.. it just went away.. it is hard.  It is very hard.. but things get better..with time things get better :)

Thank you xx

Offline sai07

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2024, 06:20:16 PM »
Okay so it just wasn't working so I did a few things:

1) I deactivated my keen account & deleted it off my phone as well
2) I deleted all my psychic notes over the past few months so that I cannot reflect and obsess over them
3) I'm not doing the "Oh I will go 7 days without" - nope. I am now committed to just giving up on the psychic calling all together - spent too much money for wrong predictions.
4) Slowly taking my POI off the pedestal, if he loves me, he will come to me. If we are meant to be, things will work out. I'll pray for it but I don't want to destroy my life over it anymore.

Maybe it would be healthy for me to come here less as well, or just document my journey here vs going to the other sections of the forum. But I can't anymore, this addiction is literally ruining me and it all stems from a POI that doesn't care as much as I do and he can just live his life without me if that's the case. I am done, I still love him and pray for him but not in this way.

Ok thanks for reading/ listening! No offence to other people for who this system works, I just haven't personally found success in a single reading and it's an addiction and I recognize it and I need to take control of my life. I can't half-ass it, it's all or nothing.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 06:21:53 PM by sai07 »