Author Topic: Money Hungry  (Read 2243 times)

Offline serenejoy

• walk by faith, not by sight
Money Hungry
« on: September 22, 2023, 08:36:07 PM »
There is now a session fee of $2.99 on Keen for every call you make. WTF?! They claim it's a fee that helps them operate Keen.... but don't they already take a percentage from whatever the callers charge?

Offline jackY

Re: Money Hungry
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 10:42:25 PM »
Oh, yeah. The new CEO implemented that about a month and a half ago. I know I don't use the site anymore because of it. What's the saying? It's the principle of it.

Offline Live and love

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 12:52:04 PM »
Oh, yeah. The new CEO implemented that about a month and a half ago. I know I don't use the site anymore because of it. What's the saying? It's the principle of it.
   Jacky, where are you going now for your readings?  I personally have gotten used to the lay out of Keen, but the 2.99 fee , NO

Offline jackY

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 02:33:34 PM »
Honestly, I'm not using any other sites right now. If there's someone I'm interested in, I try to find if they have an independent site off of the corporate ones. 

Jacky, where are you going now for your readings?  I personally have gotten used to the lay out of Keen, but the 2.99 fee , NO

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 05:27:32 PM »
There is now a session fee of $2.99 on Keen for every call you make. WTF?! They claim it's a fee that helps them operate Keen.... but don't they already take a percentage from whatever the callers charge?

More Keen bullshit. Total bullshit to hell on top of everything else Keen does. It absorbs the promo that was just given too. Bullshit on top of bullshit.

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 02:36:30 AM »
It's a money grab for sure. At this point it seems like they're intentionally running the platform into the ground.

Offline jackY

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 03:18:46 PM »
It really does appear to be that way.

It's a money grab for sure. At this point it seems like they're intentionally running the platform into the ground.

Offline applecheeks

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2023, 08:54:52 AM »
It is a "junk fee", and there is legislation cracking down on companies who charge bogus fees. We can go to the federal trade commission online to report the junk fee, and also report them on BBB. If enough people report them, it might get them to shut down that fee.

I only go to keen for one reader now, due to this fee. He told me that they did not even warn the readers about it, and that he is upset by it as well. Also, he said that on top of commissions, keen already charges the readers a forty cent per minute connection fee that is supposed to cover the platform maintenance costs. So the fee is completely bogus. It is just a greedy money grab to take advantage. It even made me load money for the fee to redeem free minutes. I maybe could have ignored it if it was a small fee, but $3 for every session can really eat away at funds.

Offline Mina

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2023, 04:42:16 PM »
It is a "junk fee", and there is legislation cracking down on companies who charge bogus fees. We can go to the federal trade commission online to report the junk fee, and also report them on BBB. If enough people report them, it might get them to shut down that fee.

I only go to keen for one reader now, due to this fee. He told me that they did not even warn the readers about it, and that he is upset by it as well. Also, he said that on top of commissions, keen already charges the readers a forty cent per minute connection fee that is supposed to cover the platform maintenance costs. So the fee is completely bogus. It is just a greedy money grab to take advantage. It even made me load money for the fee to redeem free minutes. I maybe could have ignored it if it was a small fee, but $3 for every session can really eat away at funds.

Thank you for providing a solution to this ridiculous fee. I’m sure there other ways to report keen for this.

I went to BBB and I couldn’t figure out which business to file a complaint on keen. I tried keen.com and it said too many request - 👀 😂 (but is it keen or ingenio)

Immediately when the fee started most advisors have emailed me saying they were not aware of the surcharge. On top of that keen itself takes about 50-55% from their per minute fee as a commission fee.
I’m not sure if this includes a profile picture charge (something about if you click on their picture there is fee so a reader can easily end up also OWING keen)

Currently, one is able to add $10, but keen fine print is now reading $20 minimum required to add and I do think that will eventually take place. (It’s been awhile but I remember CP having similar practice)

But sadly just as I feared… I still call keen, even though I wish I didn’t (there are some readers who make me feel like my friends, and I do appreciate it). And i think the timing before the holiday season was the chef kiss 👩‍🍳 😘 to sustain itself in inflation economy. BUT I do binge call wayyyyyy less on keen. I have even experienced one reader with technical difficulty stop the call at 3 min when I paid for 5 min, when that happens there is no point in calling the reader again since it will eat up that $3 fee when I had budgeted appropriately but now have to spend more (or maybe it wasn’t a technical difficulty and done on purpose)

To an extent some of these new policies do prevent and protect the reader from quick binge clients. The basher list initially focused on callers who abused the free 3 min. Which that too has changed (now to draw new callers keen seems to promote $1 for 5 free min) … to an extent I guess this does encourage to call/read more mindfully for readings.

But like I said when I first posted about this - companies like this are very good at pitting customers against contractors (readers) as a distraction from actual company who created the problem to begin with. This is classic cue from nickel dime surcharge practices from gig companies too.

Offline jackY

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2023, 08:45:39 PM »
https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/

Great idea! I just filed a complaint about it. I hope others do as well.

Offline JessicaDuBois

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2023, 12:10:06 PM »
I also seem to have many more technical issues, resulting in disconnects.  When I call back the same advisor, I am charged the fee AGAIN.

Seems like a scam.

Advisors seem to think callers pay for it.  Not really.  If I add $150 for a call, I don’t add an extra amount to cover the fee.  I just talk for a little less and the advisor makes a little less.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2023, 03:32:25 PM »
I also seem to have many more technical issues, resulting in disconnects.  When I call back the same advisor, I am charged the fee AGAIN.

Seems like a scam.

Advisors seem to think callers pay for it.  Not really.  If I add $150 for a call, I don’t add an extra amount to cover the fee.  I just talk for a little less and the advisor makes a little less.
You should contact CS: https://www.keen.com/help/support

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2023, 03:41:28 PM »

I will file too but it's called a Session Fee so be direct about why you're filing. And yes mention Keen.com which is owned by Ingenio.com or Ingenio, LLC. This is how it appears on your billing: 1028 INGENIO*KEEN.COM 877-533-6435

Understanding the $2.99 Session Fee

At Keen, we strive to provide you with a seamless, secure, and efficient platform to connect with trusted Advisors who can offer guidance and support in various areas of life. To help us maintain and enhance the quality of our services, we apply a $2.99 session fee, which is charged at the time a call or chat connects with an Advisor. Here's everything you need to know about this fee:

Purpose: The session fee helps Keen operate effectively by covering infrastructure costs, customer support, and continuous platform development.
Non-Refundable: Once the call or chat connects, the $2.99 fee is applied and is non-refundable, regardless of the session's duration.
Transparent Pricing: Advisors are allowed the flexibility to set their own price based on their services. We believe in transparency and want to make sure customers feel confident knowing where their funds are going.

Offline jackY

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2023, 09:10:53 PM »
Yeah, they wrote that up; AFTER everyone complained. No announcement. The fee just showed up one day. It's bullshit. They take more from the advisors now, the site never works consistently, but let's charge a ridiculous junk fee because we can. Like someone else posted, I think they do want the site to fail so they can mash it into one or several of their other media properties, banking on clients following existing advisors and no more overhead on maintaining the Keen site--which they already don't do :).

I will file too but it's called a Session Fee so be direct about why you're filing. And yes mention Keen.com which is owned by Ingenio.com or Ingenio, LLC. This is how it appears on your billing: 1028 INGENIO*KEEN.COM 877-533-6435

Understanding the $2.99 Session Fee

At Keen, we strive to provide you with a seamless, secure, and efficient platform to connect with trusted Advisors who can offer guidance and support in various areas of life. To help us maintain and enhance the quality of our services, we apply a $2.99 session fee, which is charged at the time a call or chat connects with an Advisor. Here's everything you need to know about this fee:

Purpose: The session fee helps Keen operate effectively by covering infrastructure costs, customer support, and continuous platform development.
Non-Refundable: Once the call or chat connects, the $2.99 fee is applied and is non-refundable, regardless of the session's duration.
Transparent Pricing: Advisors are allowed the flexibility to set their own price based on their services. We believe in transparency and want to make sure customers feel confident knowing where their funds are going.

Offline starempress

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2023, 10:55:15 PM »
Kasamba and CP are the worst for advisor commissions.  Kasamba used to charge me 57% commission plus 19c per minute, PLUS $30 to withdraw from my earnings.. I remember out of $300 I took home like $50.  As an ex California Psychic reader, I can tell you that when I started at $4pm I was earning 60c per minute.  when on 15/pm it was $3pm  So remember readers like Mattie are not earning $15 or $20pm.  Ridiculous.  Not only that, the testing to get into CP went on for months, I had to prove my skills and accuracy, sign a legal binding document that I could not reveal my real name (they give you random names to choose from), could let people know in any shape or form my true identity and so on.. could not get out of the contract until I found a way - never go online and not meet the minimum hours per week.

anything