Author Topic: Money Hungry  (Read 2239 times)

Offline jackY

Re: Money Hungry
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2023, 11:57:37 PM »
That is criminal!! I hope you set up your own site and that business is good. I think that's the direction a lot of readers are taking. It's gotten beyond unbearable. The last reader I spoke with on Keen after I found out about the 2.99 "connection fee", said she used to make a good living on the site (and therefore Keen was making a good profit), but now after all the fees, the site not working and their cut, she's going out on her own.

Kasamba and CP are the worst for advisor commissions.  Kasamba used to charge me 57% commission plus 19c per minute, PLUS $30 to withdraw from my earnings.. I remember out of $300 I took home like $50.  As an ex California Psychic reader, I can tell you that when I started at $4pm I was earning 60c per minute.  when on 15/pm it was $3pm  So remember readers like Mattie are not earning $15 or $20pm.  Ridiculous.  Not only that, the testing to get into CP went on for months, I had to prove my skills and accuracy, sign a legal binding document that I could not reveal my real name (they give you random names to choose from), could let people know in any shape or form my true identity and so on.. could not get out of the contract until I found a way - never go online and not meet the minimum hours per week.

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2023, 01:08:34 PM »
Kasamba and CP are the worst for advisor commissions.  Kasamba used to charge me 57% commission plus 19c per minute, PLUS $30 to withdraw from my earnings.. I remember out of $300 I took home like $50.  As an ex California Psychic reader, I can tell you that when I started at $4pm I was earning 60c per minute.  when on 15/pm it was $3pm  So remember readers like Mattie are not earning $15 or $20pm.  Ridiculous.  Not only that, the testing to get into CP went on for months, I had to prove my skills and accuracy, sign a legal binding document that I could not reveal my real name (they give you random names to choose from), could let people know in any shape or form my true identity and so on.. could not get out of the contract until I found a way - never go online and not meet the minimum hours per week.

I always knew this and I empathize for those who have to do this full time to make a living. This is why I was only reading with ppl with their own site. Platforms are greedy and very pricey. It’s a rabbit hole of bullsht until you finally realize you don’t need to call anymore. I also remember cali psychics had a policy that if u leave a negative feedback and request a refund, they refund & terminate your account. That was always odd to me and off putting so I didn’t use them. I paid for a service and I can’t review honestly? Wtf lol. They give u a number of days to review on most sites bc they know it’s likely predictions won’t happen in that timeframe. I do like that cali tests advisors but that’s about it. The platforms been shitty a long while and they are sooooo over saturated with scammers with names like Angel Goddess, generic names with google pictures or somethin of the sort. It’s a scheme to make money so finding anything legit on platforms will cost you a pretty penny looking for a needle in a haystack

Offline starempress

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2023, 07:41:29 AM »
Amen to that.  Yes I was also a client on CP and read with someone who was way off and requested a refund and they deleted my account.  Shitty site.  I guess when you are starting out you try all sorts of platforms and learn the hard way.

Offline starempress

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2023, 07:44:12 AM »
yep, worst of all CP had this huge elaborate dashboard where the reader could keep notes on the client  ie: divorced, 2 kids asking about this person etc.. and you had the option to make those notes visible to other readers.  It was such an offputting site.  Not only for the ridiculous 60c minute (whilst they kept $3.40/$7.40pm in commission) but that was just so wrong.  I feel sorry for people like Mattie who, in my opinion have an amazing gift, and end up being used by such sites :(

Offline KawalaKutie

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2023, 10:16:03 AM »
Hi, are you sure that the notes tab can be visible to other psychics? I knew that they were able to keep notes on us, wasn't aware that they could be shared with others.

Also, that is true that the commission the psychics receive is pretty low. I talked to a psychic who once told me she only makes like 2 bucks of her rate. ex. 8.50/min but only makes 2buck of that 8.50.