Author Topic: I decided to test my all time favorite Etsy reader with a fake situation.  (Read 5405 times)

Offline msavocado96

I decided to test my number 1 favorite Etsy reader with a completely fake, made up situation. I have gotten so many readings from her and spent a lot of money on her and generally have always found her 70-80 percent correct. But lately I've been wondering if she is still as accurate for me or as connected to me as when I first started going to her in 2018. I got curious and decided to risk something I had been thinking about doing for a while just out of wondering what would happen.

So I made up a fake scenario about a conflict that was not real involving someone I completely made up.

She gave me an entire reading about it! Isn't that interesting? I don't know what to think really about this. I feel a bit guilty tbh and maybe wonder if I shouldn't have done it. It was cheap though. I just kinda now question some things she has told me in the past.

I've been going to her for readings about my POI (a unique family situation, not a romantic one, very complicated situation) for a couple years and she always says there is basically no hope in my situation or chance of this person becoming remorseful and reaching out to me in the future and that this person will basically forever feel I was in the wrong in the situation that occurred between us and not see how much they hurt me, or their part in what happened. That my POI and I will never speak again basically and there is no chance of closure in my situation. I also have gone to her for other topics as well and again have always generally felt she has been about 80 percent correct with things that unfold in my life.

Has anyone ever done this before? I find it really interesting. She went pretty in depth too with my fake situation reading. I dont know if I expected her to say something about not connecting to the energies or telling me shes unable to connect this time. I dont know if she was able to sense that I made it up entirely. I don't even feel bad about the wasted money because I feel like I have gained a new perspective on psychic readings.

I dont know... what do you guys think??
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 04:19:08 AM by msavocado96 »

Offline sugarsky

hmmm... i am interested to read the responses you will get on this!
is she a card reader? does she do spreads?

Offline msavocado96

I am hesitant to post who she is, I feel very conflicted... She is not a card reader, doesn't use cards at all. She is clairvoyant entirely and has a large following on Etsy with a ton of generally positive reviews. I haven't seen her mentioned here much at all, maybe a couple times, if I saw her mentioned a lot I think I would feel compelled to say who she is maybe. she is one of two main etsy readers I use and have trusted for the past couple years. I tend to stay away from tarot readers as I can read tarot myself and typically want someone who has abilities beyond tarot reading.

I feel crazy for having done this! lol. I wonder if anyone has ever done this before just out of curiosity, of course it shouldn't be done at all with expensive psychics

Offline CancerBumble

Is it psychicreadings4all?

Offline Kaliangel27

I am hesitant to post who she is, I feel very conflicted... She is not a card reader, doesn't use cards at all. She is clairvoyant entirely and has a large following on Etsy with a ton of generally positive reviews. I haven't seen her mentioned here much at all, maybe a couple times, if I saw her mentioned a lot I think I would feel compelled to say who she is maybe. she is one of two main etsy readers I use and have trusted for the past couple years. I tend to stay away from tarot readers as I can read tarot myself and typically want someone who has abilities beyond tarot reading.

I feel crazy for having done this! lol. I wonder if anyone has ever done this before just out of curiosity, of course it shouldn't be done at all with expensive psychics

I feel like making up fake situations isn’t something they can pick up on... nor would it be an easy choice for them to question you as a paying customer on your honesty if they felt it wasn’t authentic.  People think psychics have gifts of being all knowing but that’s usually is not the case.  Idk I’ve tested psychics by asking them the same question from different accounts mos apart and got different answers or found out they used scripts but idk what benefit there is or what it Proves going about it this way tbh

Offline paperlantern2

i guessed psychicreadings4all as well. btw she also said the same about my poi— that i made him feel isolated and he would continue to avoid me. i was actually devastated at the time from her reading and way of delivering the info.

anyway regardless of who it is, this fits with my theory that psychics say whatever comes into their heads and they have no way of knowing what info is accurate or not aside from our reviews. since:

1. most people read on things they don’t objectively know the answer to at the time;
2. humans have a natural tendency to find meaning and patterns in info, so we find points of resonance with a reading;
3. many people want to be polite by leaving good reviews;
4. most reviews can only be left for a short time after a reading and not updated for outcomes;
5. many people are satisfied when they receive any seemingly helpful info about their issue;
6. psychics assess how well they are doing from reviews...

then i think readers share whatever pops into mind and i think a lot of it might be random bad info

edited to add: i am a week now with no readings and feeling so much better than when i was reading with psychics.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:46:54 PM by paperlantern2 »

pfizer

readers are not God, they cannot pick up fake stories.
it's so weird, why you have to do that; her track record for you is around 70%? i think that is pretty good
when u lie to her and how are you going to validate this 'fake' reading?
or just to see if she is connected with you? if she trusted you then she wouldnt even guess you tested her with a fake story.

Offline paperlantern2

i am 1000% supportive of testing favorite readers. we have zero way to know how much to trust these people and it’s naieve  to think they deserve not to be tested. someone who is 70% right in my opinion is just 70% good at telling me things that seem to fit.

Offline Yaris123

I think doing that is a good idea. Earlier this year, I did something similar with a couple of psychics from PO through a fake account and all of them failed. If they are “good” at picking/ reading energy or situations then I would assume that they should be good at flagging fake scenarios or lies.

I also did something similar with a keen reader. I claimed contact which didnt happened and she was able to pick it up cause she said that she didnt see any recent contact showing in the cards.

Offline Anon

I also asked several Etsy readers whether I'd get the internal job I interviewed for a couple of months ago. Responses were largely positive.

Turned out to be the opposite outcome.

Offline Truthfromrosie

Re: I decided to test my all time favorite Etsy reader with a fake situation.
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 12:28:03 AM »
i guessed psychicreadings4all as well. btw she also said the same about my poi— that i made him feel isolated and he would continue to avoid me. i was actually devastated at the time from her reading and way of delivering the info.

anyway regardless of who it is, this fits with my theory that psychics say whatever comes into their heads and they have no way of knowing what info is accurate or not aside from our reviews. since:

1. most people read on things they don’t objectively know the answer to at the time;
2. humans have a natural tendency to find meaning and patterns in info, so we find points of resonance with a reading;
3. many people want to be polite by leaving good reviews;
4. most reviews can only be left for a short time after a reading and not updated for outcomes;
5. many people are satisfied when they receive any seemingly helpful info about their issue;
6. psychics assess how well they are doing from reviews...

then i think readers share whatever pops into mind and i think a lot of it might be random bad info

edited to add: i am a week now with no readings and feeling so much better than when i was reading with psychics.

I agree with this. She just saw stuff and said it with no way of knowing if it’s accurate or not. This is what they all do. I bet if I tested a made up scenario with all readers I’ve used in the past months that not many, if any, would tell me they aren’t picking up on anything or that they don’t feel connected. As I said recently neither we nor they seem to realise how limited their abilities are. The fact they give timeframes without huge caveats when they KNOW they are USUALLY not right floors me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 01:47:47 AM by Truthfromrosie »

Offline Selene

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 01:44:38 AM »
Well, the thing is readers can also read possible paths too. Like they can read on things like "what would happen if I did XYZ?". Given that, I think it's possible that if a client told them a fake scenario they could potentially pick up a sort of alternate path where that is most likely to play out, and then read based on that. I'm not honestly sure if some readers would even pick up that it's fake because they typically have to trust that the client is telling the truth. They would have to be really really good to know that a customer is lying. If they got that level of detail and had that level of trust in their abilities they may be charging a lot more. Also, even if they could sense something wasn't right with what they were picking up, they would be in a tough situation to actually admit that the customer is lying. It's hard to know if the reader just swallowed the feeling that something was off and just did their best.

I think it's important to keep in mind that most readers have a very mild gift. They usually have to rely on the back-story or the question to interpret what they are picking up psychically or in the cards. So if the information the client tells them is wrong they may just be misinterpreting everything they pick up energetically.

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 01:50:51 AM »
I don’t know how they could pick up an alternate path from a totally made up scenario- the path wouldn’t exist and therefore there would be no energy pertaining to it to read. Even with real scenarios, where they’ve seemingly connected, they  will still say things spectacularly wrong- it’s seen time and time again on this forum. Massive gamble always as to whether they’re giving you accurate information or not.

Offline Selene

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 02:17:28 AM »
I don’t know how they could pick up an alternate path from a totally made up scenario- the path wouldn’t exist and therefore there would be no energy pertaining to it to read. Even with real scenarios, where they’ve seemingly connected, they  will still say things spectacularly wrong- it’s seen time and time again on this forum. Massive gamble always as to whether they’re giving you accurate information or not.
That's a good point. On that line of reasoning though...If readers could only see what was actually already there with their abilities, how could they even read the future at all, since it hasn't happened yet and isn't "real" yet? Where is that energy coming from that they are seeing?

The reasoning I've heard and believe is that readers can read projections from the past and present to see probable paths. But with that logic, they can also see other possible paths, the "what if' questions. How that all actually works though, I'm not sure.

Offline paperlantern2

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 02:59:25 AM »
i know this is weird but:

in an effort to reduce my interest in psychics i have been reading a bit about physics and time. it turns out that physicists aren’t **at all** sure about how time works. many physicists think the future either already exists, or that every possible scenario exists.

as a result of this line of reading i’ve been doing, i’ve come to think of the future as an incredibly mysterious thing that even science can’t explain, much less psychics.

i will be happy to invest more time into neville goddard/law of attraction stuff rather than asking psychics the future. given manifestation precepts, we could actually be making the predictions happen ourselves by assuming them to be true.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 03:01:53 AM by paperlantern2 »