Author Topic: COVID19 Binging and Reading  (Read 5370 times)

Offline Calleronhiatus

COVID19 Binging and Reading
« on: April 06, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
This is a scary time for many people and I remember threads on tv shows that always broke up the monotony of things. What is everyone watching and have you watched anything that you surprisingly liked more than you thought you would?

Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu is really good but it’s not able to be binged in one sitting since they add new episodes weekly. It is still really good.

I gave in and watched Tiger King and it was eye opening.

I started Hunters on Prime video and it’s good so far.

I ordered the book Bad Blood that is based on a true scandal and it gets here Thursday and I’m looking forward to it.

What are you guys reading and watching to pass time?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 08:55:32 PM by Calleronhiatus »

Offline maggs30

Re: COVID19 Binging and Reading
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 09:12:09 PM »
I'm watching all the seasons of Psych lol but I still have to work so no binge watching for me.

Offline Calleronhiatus

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 09:20:23 PM »
I'm watching McLeod's daughters. It ran for 8 seasons so plenty of episodes to keep me going.

I have to look into that.

Offline Calleronhiatus

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 09:22:26 PM »
I'm watching all the seasons of Psych lol but I still have to work so no binge watching for me.

Good choice. Psych is a great show.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 02:28:35 AM »
A few things I've looked into:
Tales From the Loop an Amazon Prime original. I thought it was very, very good (if you enjoy sci-fi). The way the stories per each episode intertwines, you won't understand it until you watch everything.

I started watching Making the Cut and something bout that show isn't as fun and joyful as Project Runway. I want Naomi Campbell to shut it, along with the bushy eyebrow lady. And all that frou-frou stuff Tim and Heidi are doing...what is that for? I fast forward when they start doing that crap.

I'm really into baking competition shows and I'm watching The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off, which is a rift off of The Great American Baking Show and The Great British Baking Show. The Cancer Bake Off is along the lines of more frou-frou though. The celebrities really aren't bakers and many seem to be just goofing off. They are only doing this for charity and the cancer stories throughout the series are just effing heartbreaking. It clearly puts things into perspective.

I also downloaded season 3 of Nailed It and find the show to be an utter mess. How and why in the world it even got air time is beyond me. Perhaps because it's on Netflix, so it's only limited, paid air time. Just awful. I would be afraid to eat some of the crap they put out though.

Top Chef is back (Love It!!)

I'm also watching the final season of Better Call Saul. Bye Saul....

Offline Calleronhiatus

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 04:23:27 AM »
Tales From the Loop an Amazon Prime original. I thought it was very, very good (if you enjoy sci-fi). The way the stories per each episode intertwines, you won't understand it until you watch everything.

I started watching Making the Cut and something bout that show isn't as fun and joyful as Project Runway. I want Naomi Campbell to shut it, along with the bushy eyebrow lady. And all that frou-frou stuff Tim and Heidi are doing...what is that for? I fast forward when they start doing that crap.

I'm really into baking competition shows and I'm watching The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off, which is a rift off of The Great American Baking Show and The Great British Baking Show. The Cancer Bake Off is along the lines of more frou-frou though. The celebrities really aren't bakers and many seem to be just goofing off. They are only doing this for charity and the cancer stories throughout the series are just effing heartbreaking. It clearly puts things into perspective.

I also downloaded season 3 of Nailed It and find the show to be an utter mess. How and why in the world it even got air time is beyond me. Perhaps because it's on Netflix, so it's only limited, paid air time. Just awful. I would be afraid to eat some of the crap they put out though.

Sounds interesting. You reminded me that I have been watching Chopped episodes on Hulu. Lol. It makes me anxious sometimes but in a good way.

What is Nailed?

Offline Arigirl

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 04:30:00 AM »

Sounds interesting. You reminded me that I have been watching Chopped episodes on Hulu. Lol. It makes me anxious sometimes but in a good way.

What is Nailed?

I love chopped!! Also cutthroat kitchen is pretty good!

Offline Calleronhiatus

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 05:54:58 AM »

What is Nailed?

I love chopped!! Also cutthroat kitchen is pretty good!

I have to watch Cutthroat Kitchen. I never have. I will let you know how I like it when I do. What else have you been watching?

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 11:35:26 AM »
Has anyone been watching Shrill?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 03:44:24 PM »
Westworld - Robots have less free will than humans. I stopped watching that idiotic show after season two I think. It got worse for me when I saw all the reviews and articles for the original show since Westworld is an extreme makeover. The robots are being controlled. That's all I'm going to say because I can't even talk about that show without becoming annoyed.

I use to love Insecure. I bailed after the 2nd or 3rd season I think.

There are a lot of good YouTube stuff I've also been watching. You can subscribe to a lot of these below:
Game of Thrones - It's called Everything Wrong With Game of Thrones - Season (insert season here). These are so good and make you think about how you could possibly miss so much obvious stuff at the time. I started with season eight and then went backward from there.

Bloopers from The Office - hilarious, most of the stuff. I don't really miss that show. The Bloopers were funnier than the show.

Architectural Digest - They visit celebrities and take a tour of the inside of their home. I just watched Dakota Johnson, Liv Tyler, Aaron Paul, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard's pads. Most of them I did not like at all although all of them spent an exorbitant amount of money. I'm going to watch Tommy Hilfiger’s $50 Million Plaza Hotel Penthouse at some point.

Nailed It - is a show about shitty bakers who at the end of the show prove they can't bake. They are supposed to try very hard to do whatever the judges ask them to do and you can see the judges giving them props for stuff any two year old could do better, so that always make me shake my head. I won't be watching any more of these. It wasn't what I thought it was.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 10:57:17 PM »
I think the last and only episode I watched from nailed it was the first one when the little old lady was stealing shit from the pantry. She's my spirit old lady, haha. The host annoyed me so I didn't make through episode two. I love cooking shows and used to binge on watching the food network. Ina Garden was my favorite and I miss paula deen. Most of their stuff anymore isn't cooking shows but more competition cooking so I cut the cord and moved over to PBS create via antenna. It reminds me a lot of old school Food Network. I watch a lot of documentaries anymore than anything else, when I do watch TV. I watch more youtube than anything. I tried to watch Tiger King and was left thinking it was the dumbest crap ever so I stopped half way through
Yeah, I'm kinda there with the Nailed It host, but she is working for that paycheck. She has a tendency to overlaugh. Documentaries are one of my favs too and Amazon Prime rules with these they are just so good. Sad many of them, but good nonetheless. What have you seen?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 03:48:07 AM »
I just saw Sid and Judy 2019 documentary and it was fabulous. All or mostly all from Sid's perspective. The story was told through recorded archives of conversations, interviews and telephone calls so it was authentic, with a few (other actors) voiceovers for effect.

Movie-wise I just saw Gretel & Hansel 2020. The plot/story was too close to knowing what to expect because we all do, so there were no surprises but it was shot so eerily and the cast was A+
I wish they would have pumped it up just a wee bit more.

Offline kdspirited

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 07:10:33 AM »
Cant watch cooking shows to save my life they give me anxiety.  ;D

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 06:39:22 PM »
I'm now binge watching Tiger King Murder Mayhem and Madness. Has anyone heard about this; are you watching it? Trump is now considering a pardon for Joe Exotic, who hired a hitman to kill Baskins, otherwise, he was looking at 80 years.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 07:38:22 PM »
What spoiler? Before I knew about the show I looked into why Trump was pardoning Joe Exotic, and who he was. If you read the news you'll know why Joe was in jail. That is what made me interested in the series. What was Joe's reasoning for wanting Baskin dead. The media created the spoiler, not I.

anything