Author Topic: COVID-19 Check Ins  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Miss Philosopher

COVID-19 Check Ins
« on: March 24, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »
This isn't a vent but I wanted to know how everyone is doing during this crisis. Is everyone alright? Did anyone catch the virus? Lose jobs? How are you all holding up?

I lost my job, hopefully just temporarily. I work for an attorney and since the court's sort of shut down outside of emergency hearings, attorneys are not being paid or their pay is delayed by over a month. Didn't get the virus and don't feel like I will. That's my only update.

Offline kdspirited

Re: COVID-19 Check Ins
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 06:54:12 PM »
Great news Philosopher. I am good and so is family so far so good. However I lost my job and looking for another one It might take a bit longer but i will get one. Hope everyone else is doing well

Offline Jeninmd2

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 08:59:31 PM »
Hello to everyone! 

I am also sorry to hear of others' job loss, my heart goes out to anyone suffering right now whether it's due to health or economic circumstances.  I feel very fortunate that I am in IT and am able to work remotely right now.

I live near a major metropolitan area in the U.S. and cases are definitely growing here.  I'm in my 40's and have a couple of health conditions, plus I am currently living with my parents who are in their 70's, so I am very concerned to say the least.  Although we are only leaving the house for necessities, it still equates to a couple of errands a week - and although I am trying to be careful, it's still anxiety-provoking.  I just told my parents that from now on, I will be the only one who leaves the house to run errands and will keep my distance from them as much as possible while I'm home.  I have had a cold/sore throat recently with no fever (just one day out of the week with a 99.1 temp, otherwise normal) and my mom has strep throat and is on antibiotics.  The last thing we (or anyone) needs is COVID-19...

Please everyone stay safe, and keep hope and good spirits alive as much as possible during this difficult time!! ❤️

Offline jas

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 11:56:00 PM »
Fortunately, I am also in a business that hasn't seen a slowdown.  On top of that, we were fully set up to work remotely.  We are a national company a every employee has a choice between working from home or going into the office.  I feel blessed.

I am single and still have to run out a couple of times a week for necessities.  Like the rest of you, I try to be careful but I am still a bit concerned. 

I hope all of you remain healthy.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 12:14:55 AM »
I work for a huge company and my job is essential. I go into 5 or 6 packed grocery stores a day and come into contact with a minimum of 1,000 people a day. I now have a certificate to show cops when they pull me over for being outside my home lol. Don't worry about me I'm healthy and don't fear getting the virus. Plus I just got a big pay raise and I get a daily hazard pay bonus now 😀

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 02:26:08 AM »
I work for a huge company and my job is essential. I go into 5 or 6 packed grocery stores a day and come into contact with a minimum of 1,000 people a day. I now have a certificate to show cops when they pull me over for being outside my home lol. Don't worry about me I'm healthy and don't fear getting the virus. Plus I just got a big pay raise and I get a daily hazard pay bonus now 😀
Where are you that the cops are pulling people over for being on the road? No state has enacted Marshall Law that I'm aware of. All they did at the company I work for is to drop the number of employees to less than 10, some are working from home and others like me come in for a short time span. Some people were actually laid off.

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 07:45:15 AM »
Where are you that the cops are pulling people over for being on the road? No state has enacted Marshall Law that I'm aware of. All they did at the company I work for is to drop the number of employees to less than 10, some are working from home and others like me come in for a short time span. Some people were actually laid off.

I can’t speak for her and where she lives but I live in CA and I know recently some cities have been pulling people over who are out and about after a certain time. It’s not marital law but it definitely varies from city to city. Also, two close friends of mine are from Hawaii (one currently lives there while the other is in CA) and they both mentioned that cops will pull people over and fine then $5,000. Like I said, I do believe this varies from city to city on how strict they are.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »
I'm in Texas. And yes they are pulling people over. The employees getting the latter start work anywhere between 1 and 5 am.

Offline kdspirited

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »
It is only as bad as the number of tests available and how many people are getting tested. In places where its bad there is an apocalypse like NYC. They are doing aggressive testing and finding that the virus has already spread far and wide. Where the resources have been limited and the federal govt has not been able to prioritize its business as usual. Remember not all 50 states have instituted shelter in place as well

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 04:20:35 AM »
Wow guys! I'm so happy to hear that most of you have not lost your job! That's excellent! I'm also happy to know that none of you have encountered this covid-19 stuff! That's beautiful!

@kdspirit: I am sorry that you were one of those that lost your job. I know you'll be able to get another one. It's just a matter of when since so much is basically shut down. Keep us posted please!

I've been doing some research about this virus thing. There's some information out there that states blood type A is more prone to getting it, which doesn't mean type A definitely WILL get it, but are just more prone. Type O is least prone, but again, doesn't mean they can't or won't get it, just less likely. I find that information interesting. I'm assuming it has to do with antigens etc within the blood.

Those with underlying health conditions, as you all already know, are also more susceptible to it. That just means gotta work on getting those immune systems up and running better!

I don't know about the numbers being shared as to how many have it so far. Information has been falsified in the past but, I feel like there's something else going on and this is being used as a cover. Yes, I'm a "conspiracy theorist" but, seems to all be coming to pass as predicted decades ago. It really does feel like living in a sci-fi movie at this point!

Offline ES1281

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 10:53:16 AM »
I'm in Japan the Tokyo plympic got delayed which is a truly good thing.
Seems situation is quite under control none of anybody I know got infected.
But well Japan is the only country in Asia they don't test much people so don't know what's going to be next.

China Hongkong Taiwan Korea and Singapore they test everybody.
These countries are under control now they are trying to figure out people back from outside.

My company started WFH two weeks ago so we are safe staying home, business is growing because we sell technologies.
Which is very lucky.

I have several colleagues in NY went back to their own country and in quanrantine, some in Europe feeling scared and stying home.
We colleagues cheer up each other from video calls from countries in the world.

But I have a feeling after this crissis human being will step up to another stage.
This is the time the world unite to one.

In january second I actually had a very ominous feeing like something dangerous in the air, something bad is going to happen this year.
I had the same feeling when I experienced earthquack and nuclear leak in Japan.

But I think we'll be fine. Praying.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:55:47 AM by ES1281 »

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 01:30:43 AM »
Wow guys! I'm so happy to hear that most of you have not lost your job! That's excellent! I'm also happy to know that none of you have encountered this covid-19 stuff! That's beautiful!

@kdspirit: I am sorry that you were one of those that lost your job. I know you'll be able to get another one. It's just a matter of when since so much is basically shut down. Keep us posted please!

I've been doing some research about this virus thing. There's some information out there that states blood type A is more prone to getting it, which doesn't mean type A definitely WILL get it, but are just more prone. Type O is least prone, but again, doesn't mean they can't or won't get it, just less likely. I find that information interesting. I'm assuming it has to do with antigens etc within the blood.

Those with underlying health conditions, as you all already know, are also more susceptible to it. That just means gotta work on getting those immune systems up and running better!

I don't know about the numbers being shared as to how many have it so far. Information has been falsified in the past but, I feel like there's something else going on and this is being used as a cover. Yes, I'm a "conspiracy theorist" but, seems to all be coming to pass as predicted decades ago. It really does feel like living in a sci-fi movie at this point!

Girlllll I just told 2 people earlier today Type A more prone to get it and I haven't read anything but maybe one article yet it literally has all just come to me. I heard a story today about a married couple that traveled together that one tested negative other positive. Makes you really wonder about it all for sure on how one person can be exposed, get it and others may never.

That's what I mean! Something fishy is going on. Like how can one person in a Navel ship contract it, but nobody else did on that ship. Not only that, but that ship set sail and was out to sea clear back in NOVEMBER 2019!!!!!!!!! Yet, this one dude didn't get it until MARCH???????? How the hell did that happen?

Offline sparky

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 01:37:32 PM »

Girlllll I just told 2 people earlier today Type A more prone to get it and I haven't read anything but maybe one article yet it literally has all just come to me. I heard a story today about a married couple that traveled together that one tested negative other positive. Makes you really wonder about it all for sure on how one person can be exposed, get it and others may never.

That's what I mean! Something fishy is going on. Like how can one person in a Navel ship contract it, but nobody else did on that ship. Not only that, but that ship set sail and was out to sea clear back in NOVEMBER 2019!!!!!!!!! Yet, this one dude didn't get it until MARCH???????? How the hell did that happen?

I thought it was actually docked in Taiwan a couple of weeks prior.  But to answer another way is because of support ships.  There are support ships that deliver supplies to other navy vessels.  The ships float next to each other and deliver supplies out in open waters.  The support ship could have been docked somewhere loading supplies then rendezvous with the other ship out at sea.  It won't take long to meetup.  A person could have contracted it there or it could have been on an crate.  Since we know it can live a long time on some surfaces it could have survived on a crate and made the transfer.  A person on the support ship could also transfer it and not shown symptoms.  Another thing some ships are not always completely isolated when out at sea.  They can have crew come and go even out at sea with equipped helipads.  That doesn't always happen but it is a possibility for them.  I think aircraft carriers are more prone for it than others and even then it isn't very often.  I could be wrong but most ships only have enough food for about 3 months.  Then they need to be restocked from a support ship or a dock.  So to me that is how it more likely transferred and got someone sick.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 08:36:23 PM »
I wish anyone who has this horrid virus well and hope they recover ❤
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:38:02 PM by Star_01 »

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 02:32:48 AM »
So....... I just saw on the internet that a tiger in a New York zoo tested positive for Corona. Are you kidding me???? There are so many ppl who are sick and cant get tested because of insufficient test kits and they found a spare test to give a tiger? Amazing!

Yes, because in order to make a vaccine and treatment, you have to understand the virus and it's mutations.