Author Topic: COVID-19 Check Ins  (Read 3860 times)

Offline diamondcanadian

Re: COVID-19 Check Ins
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 02:49:40 AM »
So....... I just saw on the internet that a tiger in a New York zoo tested positive for Corona. Are you kidding me???? There are so many ppl who are sick and cant get tested because of insufficient test kits and they found a spare test to give a tiger? Amazing!

Yes, because in order to make a vaccine and treatment, you have to understand the virus and it's mutations.

Not with a zoo animal though. I mean...

Why not ? What else would you test ? A garbage can?

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 02:50:31 AM »
So....... I just saw on the internet that a tiger in a New York zoo tested positive for Corona. Are you kidding me???? There are so many ppl who are sick and cant get tested because of insufficient test kits and they found a spare test to give a tiger? Amazing!

Yes, because in order to make a vaccine and treatment, you have to understand the virus and it's mutations.

Not with a zoo animal though. I mean...

Yes, but if an animal suddenly got sick, with a respiratory failure that was similar to any coronavirus (there are a whole family of coronaviruses that humans and animals can get besides covid)  during a pandemic of covid, it makes sense to test the animal. This tiger was in the epicenter of the US outbreak. If this strain infected an animal that it hasn't been seen in before, that means it mutated again. That's important information for scientists who are working on vaccines. They need to see all the mutations.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2020, 12:12:20 PM »
Yes. There's no competition in testing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2020, 06:05:35 PM »

The coronavirus test for animals is drastically different than the ones for humans. Humans can’t test off the animal ones, and animal ones can’t test off the human version.

EDIT: Just to add onto this, there’s been an animal version of the test for awhile now. My dog’s breeder posted on their story yesterday showing a handful of the animal COVID vaccine. We definitely can’t use that on us. But also according to reports I’ve read, cats or anything in the feline family are more likely to get this virus as opposed to say a dog, hamster, rabbit, etc. So if you do have a cat, be extra careful.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 06:09:14 PM by _sydney_vicious_ »

Offline JAG20

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 12:06:13 AM »
Luckily I pulled out of my last situation I got addicted on before this pandemic came about cuz it definitely wouldn't of  helped me at all being holed up, I'm sure other members on here are finding they're calling more frequently since