Author Topic: Why are psychics rude?  (Read 5180 times)

candiednut

Why are psychics rude?
« on: June 04, 2019, 08:00:44 PM »
This may seem like a no brainers but I actually cannot think of why some psychics are rude to ppl? Like they are literally making at least $2/min USD that's $120/hr !!! On top of their other job/career. Even customer service agents who make minimum wage are not as rude as some of them and they do jacksh*t for their job (the coldreaders for example) hiding behind a computer. Why are they rude? Why do they block ppl or have attitudes etc? So bizarre. I would kill for a job like this.

Offline wishes215

Re: Why are psychics rude?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 08:39:16 PM »
Name and shame!:)

WinterElf

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »

I think they are like that because they know they have power over the desperate and vulnerable.  If i knew i had an ability or product that someone valued and the demand was really high, If i were not a very nice person, i would not be as patient... be rude.... and hang up on them.

They know our secrets and can use it against us if they get upset even with the rules from the sites that they work on say NOT to do that. 

I will never forget in 2017 how one woman laughed at me as  i was devastated when i called her back to say that her prediction was wrong. She was like I DID SAY THERE WAS A 3rd party when she had not ... because if she did, i would have been so worried beforehand. 

I just stick to the nice ones if i have to go back

WinterElf

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 11:21:00 PM »
also if you name and shame, they might come after you and say it is defamation even if this is a review site. 
It makes me so angry sometimes how i let some of the psychics talk to me or hang up on me because i wanted an answer so badly.
Some are not following the rules by letting people know that they are psychic and lurk on here , reading what customers say.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 12:43:41 AM »
This may seem like a no brainers but I actually cannot think of why some psychics are rude to ppl? Like they are literally making at least $2/min USD that's $120/hr !!! On top of their other job/career. Even customer service agents who make minimum wage are not as rude as some of them and they do jacksh*t for their job (the coldreaders for example) hiding behind a computer. Why are they rude? Why do they block ppl or have attitudes etc? So bizarre. I would kill for a job like this.

They don't make that rate, at least on keen they get 40% of that and from what read other sites take a bigger cut. BUUUUUUT regardless that doesn't give ANYONE the right to be rude or hurtful. This is a huge pet peeve of mine, people come to them vulnerable , hurt, lost, looking for guidance,  whether they are good, bad or a sham, they have no right to speak to anyone that way. Being an advisor does hold some level of responsibility, the biggest one is compassion and respect.  The rudeness, comes usually when they get called out and questioned. I've had readers say xyz was going to happen, when i asked, for the most part they were nice and gave their perspective. To me that is all i need, if they get defensive, i get my back up. No one is ever 100%, good readers know this and don't take it personally.   I think that a lot has to do with ego and for some arrogance as well. They are just shitty people to start with.  Fortunately, I run into this less and less these days.  For some reason these people that do this remind me of those popular kids in high school that copped an attitude, they just never grew out of it. i'd don't know, because it doesn't make sense to me either.

candiednut

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 11:39:50 AM »

They don't make that rate, at least on keen they get 40% of that and from what read other sites take a bigger cut.

40% of $4/min is almost $2/min...heck, even $1/min is $60/hour. Let's not forget that on CP some of their rates are at $15/min...even if they only get 20% cut that is $3/min...

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 01:34:22 PM »
I haven't had the experience of many psychics being too rude, but I do remember one on Keen (I can't remember her name) but OMG, she was so rude..she actually yelled at me.  I was only asking a clarifying question, and she just went off! LOL

Offline applecheeks

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 12:45:33 PM »

40% of $4/min is almost $2/min...heck, even $1/min is $60/hour. Let's not forget that on CP some of their rates are at $15/min...even if they only get 20% cut that is $3/min...

Well, they don't earn as much as you think. Even if their price per-minute equals to what looks like a heafty hourly price, they might not get even an hour worth of paid call time every day out of however many hours they are logged in. Also on the sites that have free minutes the readers deal with a lot of people who just use that time and don't pay (so they have a lot of unpaid work time, and that may also contribute to making them cranky/ short with people). They have to pay commissions, plus additional platform and phone fees, and on keen they have that pay-per click system where they also get charged each time someone views their profile. On top of that they have to pay self-employed taxes (Americans, anyways), which I think is around 30%. Really, every time you get a reading, there are multiple hands in the pot. Your reader maybe gets about 1/3 of what you are actually paying them. We likely are better off price-wise going to readers direct, but then there is the added gamble of not having the platforms to mitigate issues.

If you are ever curious what your readers are making, and what fees they have you can go look at the reader/ advisor help sections on the websites. That stuff is usually public.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:52:22 PM by applecheeks »

candiednut

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 01:10:10 PM »
Geez, you are acting like other people do not have to pay taxes. 1/3 of what I pay them is still alot depending on how much they charge...I am not familiar with Keen but I know on CP some of these readers are literally on like 24/7 (and always busy reading) and they charge $10/min.

Even if they "dont make as much as I think", still doesnt give them the right to be rude!

Offline applecheeks

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 05:17:06 PM »
Geez, you are acting like other people do not have to pay taxes. 1/3 of what I pay them is still alot depending on how much they charge...I am not familiar with Keen but I know on CP some of these readers are literally on like 24/7 (and always busy reading) and they charge $10/min.

Even if they "dont make as much as I think", still doesnt give them the right to be rude!

I was commenting more on the financial aspect that was being discussed then what causes them to be rude. It likely just depends who you get in that regard. I don't think they are all rude, but some definitely have issues. Many likely never learned people skills, or have never worked in sales/ a role where they have to be respectful or something.

I am not saying that other people do not pay taxes. Just I think sometimes people forget that readers do as well, and assume they pocket everything. Also, self-employed taxes are different. They have to pay into their own social security and stuff (which employers normally cover half of).  Sister in law was an independent yoga teacher for a while and she said the increased taxes were so killer that it wasn't worth it, so she went back to working for a center.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 08:48:47 PM »
I’ve been trying not to comment on this thread... you know trying to be a lurker full time.

But it’s just the person you speak to.

I agree psychic don’t make much money. I’ve had two friends work for CP. It’s more complicated than the pay rate being equal client satisfaction. They get stressed with calls, and being advocated to keep people on the line. I’ve been reading “never the split the difference” and it’s this former FBI agent talking about hostage situations and everyday negotiations. He makes a side comment in the beginning that psychics would make great hostage negotiators! And if I think about it... in terms of that: customer service, and my life in hostage make or break situation all for POI... one kind of has to step back and look at all the variables. And even when you get down to it CP employees get paid insurance! Yoga room! Fancy Christmas parties with psychics! I hear daycare too?! ...well Hell sign me up to be customer service rep in Burbank! But literally it’s at the cost of you at $10/min. It’s sadly corporate business passing the cost to you the consumer in an unfortunate ability to self regulate anxiety.

No, being rude just come to people being over worked and stressed and sometimes just mean.

But reading comments about how much psychics make and assuming they make a ton- is just plain ignorant.

I decided to do the math on Divine Love on keen

She pretty popular but only on what like 1-3 (let’s take 2x) times a week for a about at best 3hrs.
5.98 x 40% =2.39
2xs a week 3hr= 360
That’s about $717 gross income of a week ... not bad ... but now not including Private contractor tax forms, plus out of pay pocket insurance. Which what an extra 20-30% ish maybe savings plan... which about barely $500 a week... net income, monthly rent and food. That’s about $2,000 a month to deduct other bills, rent food,still not bad... but average. And she’s sadly one of the popular ones. Those who aren’t popular who have to actually be on on to to average out more hours and time

Maybe I'm  reading your post wrong, but you're saying $2000/month for 6 hours of work /wk is average? Average compared to what?

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 09:04:19 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm not rude to any reader. I just think that on average, most people earn that working full-time with an expected level of accuracy at their job. I don't think being rude gets you anywhere, but I totally understand the frustration of paying that much for an expected accuracy of what? 50%? But it's our choice at the end of the day.

WinterElf

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 11:04:01 PM »
dang that is good money. now i see why many of them lurk on this forum.

candiednut

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 01:23:21 AM »
@fluttershy - I was more talking about CP psychics, i'm not familiar with Keen pay rates. Of course, if you don't work a lot you won't earn much...but those premiere psychics on CP have full queues ALL THE FRIGGING TIME and they work 4-5 hours straight a day at $10, $15/min. I can't imagine them "not making much"..seriously. Also, I think a CP psychic posted on a Quora question and answer thread that she "easily" makes more than the average lawyer in London...and shes not even a popular or premiere psychic on CP.

Also, a lot of readers work for more than one line...plus private readings.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:25:31 AM by candiednut »

Offline Clarita

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2019, 07:36:53 AM »

They don't make that rate, at least on keen they get 40% of that and from what read other sites take a bigger cut. BUUUUUUT regardless that doesn't give ANYONE the right to be rude or hurtful. This is a huge pet peeve of mine, people come to them vulnerable , hurt, lost, looking for guidance,  whether they are good, bad or a sham, they have no right to speak to anyone that way. Being an advisor does hold some level of responsibility, the biggest one is compassion and respect.  The rudeness, comes usually when they get called out and questioned. I've had readers say xyz was going to happen, when i asked, for the most part they were nice and gave their perspective. To me that is all i need, if they get defensive, i get my back up. No one is ever 100%, good readers know this and don't take it personally.   I think that a lot has to do with ego and for some arrogance as well. They are just shitty people to start with.  Fortunately, I run into this less and less these days.  For some reason these people that do this remind me of those popular kids in high school that copped an attitude, they just never grew out of it. i'd don't know, because it doesn't make sense to me either.
Kasamba takes 55% I think Keen takes 52%  not exactly sure of Keen tbh. I havent come across a rude Psychic in a long time, cant recall ever in fact. I know some clients are super rude though thats for sure.

anything