Author Topic: How do you cut cord with someone  (Read 2621 times)

Offline lostsoul209

How do you cut cord with someone
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »
I really now try to move on from my poi. But I can’t stop thinking about her no matter how hard I try I think about her 95 percent of the time and it very painful too. When I read with Diane731 a long time ago  she said when she first connect with my poi she pick up my engery right aways she not sure why but did I just talked to her? I said no I haven’t talk to her in 6 weeks.  Is it because I think about her too much or she always think about me for that to happen?

Offline bstalling

Re: How do you cut cord with someone
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 06:01:07 PM »
Consider counseling and therapy. Maybe even get mad and confront her about what she did. It will help you emotionally. The cord cutting stuff is nonsense.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:08:35 PM by bstalling »

Offline lostsoul209

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:34:48 PM »
Consider counseling and therapy. Maybe even get mad and confront her about what she did. It will help you emotionally. The cord cutting stuff is nonsense.
I did she said she never done anyone of those stuff and never said any of those words if she was able to lied like that what more could she be hiding. It might be her engery too maybe she can’t let me go too.

Offline Beesa

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 09:26:25 PM »
Cord cutting doesn't work, it's a temporary bandaid. You can't skip grief over losing someone or letting them go, there aren't any shortcuts. And it doesn't matter if she won't 'let you go', that means you're still enmeshed with her and feeling out her energy and looking for it. It's nonsense that people think we can't move on because another person who isn't even in the same room is 'holding on'. The energy might be there but it's up to you what to do with it.
You go full no contact and erase her presence from your life and you give yourself time to grieve it and process it, otherwise you'll go through the whole thing all over again with someone new and just keep repeating the pattern.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 11:04:23 PM »
Cord cutting doesn't work, it's a temporary bandaid. You can't skip grief over losing someone or letting them go, there aren't any shortcuts. And it doesn't matter if she won't 'let you go', that means you're still enmeshed with her and feeling out her energy and looking for it. It's nonsense that people think we can't move on because another person who isn't even in the same room is 'holding on'. The energy might be there but it's up to you what to do with it.
You go full no contact and erase her presence from your life and you give yourself time to grieve it and process it, otherwise you'll go through the whole thing all over again with someone new and just keep repeating the pattern.

THIS!  Excellent advice

Offline njlady

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 11:06:02 PM »

She never even went on a date with him, just talked to him a couple of times.  He didn't even ask her out for a cup of coffee.  You are allowed to talk to someone and decide not to date them.

If I had some guy get mad and "confront" me about what I did to him in this situation, my next move would be applying for a restraining order.   

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 12:10:56 AM »
I'm going to be very harsh but here it goes. Lostsoul, get into therapy if you aren't already. And if you are, change your therapist. You need to deal with this properly; deal with whatever it is that this relationship is dredging up for you in an emotional sense.

I haven't been active on these boards very long but in the time that I have, the one constant has been you and the drama with this girl. Your declarations that no one has ever been right, that you'd never post again, etc. You have your answer. Not from any psychic, but in real life. Now is the time to make peace with it and get on with your life, move forward in any way that you can.

I know these boards have been rough on you and I think for the most part, for good reason. I don't post often and I felt the need to do so now out of sheer concern. I've had enough on your behalf. At least for now, you really need to forget this person existed and put one foot in front of the other. Change your gym. Do whatever it takes. Something tells me you're not, and that part of you wants to be mired in this merry-go-round of a circus. So long as you're not willing to let go, nothing will change, that I can guarantee.

Take a deep breath, acknowledge you can do this, want to do this, can do this, and start thinking about a tomorrow without this person who doesn't give you the time of day. It's obvious to me from where I am, literally half a world away.

Again, I'm being harsh. But I needed to say something in hopes it'll be to your benefit.

Agreed. There comes a time when you just have to accept defeat and go forward. If what they are saying is true,that she never even dated you and I believe you said that she was nasty towards you or something, you just have to realize that the situation is out of your hands and there’s nothing left to do other than drop the psychics, get out there and meet someone new who is actually interested.

I learned that after my last POI. 6 months was enough for me and I finally got on a dating site and met my current poi, who I’m obviously having issues with, but I’ve sworn to myself this time that if nothing changes in the near future, I can’t keep hanging on and calling psychics and I have to just accept the defeat. I don’t want to live like this, and I know that hanging on will not change the outcome or the truth of the situation.

Just because she doesn’t want to be with you does not mean you will end up alone. You’re wasting time on someone who isn’t coming when you could be meeting great girls that would love to date you.
I’ve made this mistake more than once, believe me. The psychics trapped me in a fantasy world of all of these great predictions coming to fruitation, and like you I was left heartbroken. I still managed to break out of it. It wasn’t easy and wasn’t overnight, but I did not start making progress until I made an effort to date again and get over it. Sitting around and not doing anything will not allow you to heal. You have to make real effort and you can’t give up until you’ve gotten through it. You can do it.