Author Topic: Prices, what do you think is fair to pay per minute?  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Member5

Prices, what do you think is fair to pay per minute?
« on: February 05, 2018, 11:52:54 PM »
I have noticed on Keen that unfortunately a lot of the lower priced readers are crap (although plenty at other price ranges are too lol) but just wondering with all the ranges of prices going up to almost $40/min what do you think is a fair price and what is your limit (for example, would you refuse to call someone charging $7.99/min no matter the reviews because that's just too high?)

Offline bstalling

Re: Prices, what do you think is fair to pay per minute?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 01:22:34 AM »
If Im trying someone new, I keep it between the $3 to $6 range. Of course, much depends on their reviews on here, what their profile says, your own gut, and what their actual abilities are (which you will only find out after you try them). All my favorites are within this range.

I do agree that the cheapie readers are on Keen for practice or just testing to see if anyone calls them. Havent found a cheapie reader that had good abilities.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 01:59:04 AM »
The messenger on keen was good and inexpensive...

Offline jas

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 06:13:14 AM »
My range is $4 to $6.  When I first started on Keen I was stupid enough to pay $50 a minute for a three minute reading with Cindy Joy or Puppy Joy....or whatever it was she went by back in 2008.  It only took one reading for me to know that it was a waste of money.  That same reader eventually lowered her rates to around $25 a minute but I see that she is creeping back up. 

I don't get how so many readers on Keen are able to put there rate at $35 per minute, and so many more are following suit.

Offline Member5

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 09:28:25 PM »
My range is $4 to $6.  When I first started on Keen I was stupid enough to pay $50 a minute for a three minute reading with Cindy Joy or Puppy Joy....or whatever it was she went by back in 2008.  It only took one reading for me to know that it was a waste of money.  That same reader eventually lowered her rates to around $25 a minute but I see that she is creeping back up. 

I don't get how so many readers on Keen are able to put there rate at $35 per minute, and so many more are following suit.

In my opinion that is just being greedy and shady. They are either trying to capitalize of the idea that people might think they are super amazing based on that price (and maybe they are but I have yet to see any glowing reviews of them anywhere but the keen site), or they are trying to make their money in just one or two short calls rather than work longer/take more calls. Penny C has been accurate for me, but I email her for minutes first and have only paid for at most 2 minutes myself and that was only 2 or 3 calls when I needed answers quickly and other trusted advisors who are more affordable were not available.

Offline Member5

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 09:31:34 PM »
I feel most comfortable with $3-4. When I call for a reading, i want to be able to relax and talk about things at length. I find. for myself, if I am paying $5+ I can't relax because I'm thinking of how expensive the call is going to be and how little time I get for the price.

I also find, from my limited experience talking to people who do charge $5+, that they are not respectful of just how much money that is. Rather than answering the question, they'll ask questions, chit chat, give advice and not get to the point right away. At least, with the cheaper readers, I don't get as annoyed when they do the same thing.

I can't remember the name of the reader--she is from the UK and, for awhile, was popular here on the board--she was charging $7/minute and that was the most I'd ever spent (per minute).

I'm the same way, when it is too pricey then I feel like I am in a rush, and will forget things I wanted to ask, or start watching the clock and miss some of what they say. I see a lot of reviews on here from people saying certain readers will also come up with a lot of really good information if you just let them go and talk, so I wouldn't want to be in such a rush because of the price per minute and miss out on things.

anything