Author Topic: Sylvia Browne  (Read 12867 times)

Offline melancholia

Sylvia Browne
« on: November 21, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »
Not sure where the best place to post this was, but it seemed somewhat relevant.

Sylvia Browne passed yesterday.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/21/sylvia-browne-dead-dies_n_4316030.html

I feel a little bad because I agree with a lot of the snarkier comments, but I still don't think they should be disparaging the dead...anyway.  Figured it was worth sharing and giving people the opportunity to post their thoughts.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:37:29 PM by Somnus »

Offline Zee

Re: Sylvia Browne
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »
Crap, I was on my way to post about her death.

I don't have any thoughts on her personally, except for the remarks where she was criticized after telling the mother of Ohio kidnapping victim Amanda Berry in 2004 that her daughter was dead.

This is what I've always been saying. Readers need to stay clear of thinking they can even predict the passing of someone.  As wrong as their track records are, just keep your mouth shuts.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 05:21:59 PM »

This is what I've always been saying. Readers need to stay clear of thinking they can even predict the passing of someone.  As wrong as their track records are, just keep your mouth shuts.
Hmmmm, well I had several accurate predictions of readers predicting the passing of someone very close to me.

Offline Luckystar

• Veterans
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 05:27:10 PM »
She also told the mother of Shawn Hornbeck that he was dead and he was rescued and is very much alive.

Offline Zee

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »
Hmmmm, well I had several accurate predictions of readers predicting the passing of someone very close to me.

Sure, if that works for you, but I feel it should be off limits (Just my opinion)

I had a friend who read for people and a guy in a wheelchair would call her all the time and would ask: if he would ever walk again.  She isn't a doctor.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:32:39 PM by Zee »

Offline Zee

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
Saw someone's comment about her death: "Yeah.... she surely must have seen that coming, too."

I thought it was funny.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 06:47:02 PM »
Psychics are rarely good at reading for themselves.   I doubt she did see it coming.

Offline tellmewhy

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 08:09:13 PM »
I don't believe in talking ill about the dead no mater what!!!

Offline scorpiogirl

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 08:26:15 PM »

Why would you want to know this? I've had it done to me without my even asking about it, three times. It's upsetting and they were wrong.
Why would somebody think it's ok to bring up my worst fear? I agree with Zee that they should just butt out of that one. They screw up enough on other stuff without the added bonus of you waiting for the person closest to you to die.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »

Why would you want to know this? I've had it done to me without my even asking about it, three times. It's upsetting and they were wrong.
Why would somebody think it's ok to bring up my worst fear? I agree with Zee that they should just butt out of that one. They screw up enough on other stuff without the added bonus of you waiting for the person closest to you to die.
I didn't say I wanted to know this.  it was just something that came up.  One reader actually felt a duty to tell me because she had been shown this twice. She hesitated, but after the second time she was shown it she felt it important to share.  The other two alluded to news coming and when I queried about it they told me that their angels said "its' something I need to know", but said no more about it.

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »
Tellmewhy, this is one post I will agree with you 100% on.

Who cares if she was wrong about things or not, she is gone and it is tacky to think ANY comments about her are funny.  It does not matter what profession a person is in there are times they are right and times they are very very wrong.  We all claim to be the best at what we do, however, we are all wrong from time to time in whatever job we do.

I don't like reading that remarks about someone who has passed is funny, it is in poor taste. 

Offline Zee

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 11:35:16 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion, as well as I. I have no problem talking about the dead, when they are dead, especially if they were vile human beings and the way they treated people when alive. Besides I seriously doubt she knows anyone is speaking about her at all. Only those who believe she has crossed over to some other plain believe this. Well guess what, she is rotting in a dirt grave somewhere, as we speak.  Poor taste? What is that - something I need to be concerned with, as if I get less heaven points if poor taste applies to me?...for real???

Steve Jobs is one of those highly acclaimed individuals that comes to mind as well. He treated people like smelly dirt beneath his fingernails; no, he treated them worse - like fresh vomit practically, especially if that person wasn't technologically inclined. He never realized the difference he could have made to someone who looked up to him, if he only encouraged the slower people more instead of making them feel useless or pathetic.  He initially denied having a daughter at one time and ignored he even had a child, but eventually came around and started to support her.  Then when he was struck with cancer, it probably dawned on him, at some point that no amount of new tech advancements was going to save his life. He was a monster in my opinion.

Who cares if she was wrong about things or not, she is gone and it is tacky to think ANY comments about her are funny.  It does not matter what profession a person is in there are times they are right and times they are very very wrong.  We all claim to be the best at what we do, however, we are all wrong from time to time in whatever job we do.
Yeah, but being wrong as an Administrative Assistant, DOES NOT wreak havoc on anyone's life. The company does not shut down nor are the lives of the other employees on the brink of collapse. I can fix paperwork or call with an apology and get something corrected, if it wasn't done to someone's specification. My job isn't based on encouraging people or trying to give them information they need to climb down from the ledge.  Tons of people don't pay me to lead them down the fairytale lane, when they believe they are getting answers to the questions they need, by keeping them hooked into constantly calling back, wasting tons of money on empty hope.

Do you even believe what you're saying? There is no need to try to convince me, because that monkey won't fly. I am just so sick of that default justification for a psychic because no one is 100% right, b.s.  Well, maybe, just maybe, if readers start to take responsibilities for what they say to people who are strung out for help, then maybe, just maybe, they would be better at a job that profoundly affects the people who call. Honestly, "For Entertainment Purposes" can suck it....

ETA: and before any kickingthehabit fans start to jump all aboard, this post is not about her, even though I questioned her comments. My angst is directed at physics.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:01:41 AM by Zee »

Offline nikkii

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 02:22:53 AM »
Psychics are rarely good at reading for themselves.   I doubt she did see it coming.

Back in May 2003 on The Larry King Show she predicted her own death. She claimed she would pass at the age of 88. I remember thinking back then how odd and eerie that was. I don't believe any of us know when it will be our 'time'. As with some things I feel it is not for us to know.

Offline divine wishes

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 02:49:42 AM »

well said! I agree, completely, kicking

Tellmewhy, this is one post I will agree with you 100% on.

I don't like reading that remarks about someone who has passed is funny, it is in poor taste. 

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 02:59:32 AM »
Wow, Zee! Whatever I am so done with the bitterness and negative outlook that you present here.  It is just disgusting to read all of this. 

So since I don't have anything nice to say about this I wont say anything at all....maybe you can take the same challenge.

You're entitled to your opinion, as well as I. I have no problem talking about the dead, when they are dead, especially if they were vile human beings and the way they treated people when alive. Besides I seriously doubt she knows anyone is speaking about her at all. Only those who believe she has crossed over to some other plain believe this. Well guess what, she is rotting in a dirt grave somewhere, as we speak.  Poor taste? What is that - something I need to be concerned with, as if I get less heaven points if poor taste applies to me?...for real???

Steve Jobs is one of those highly acclaimed individuals that comes to mind as well. He treated people like smelly dirt beneath his fingernails; no, he treated them worse - like fresh vomit practically, especially if that person wasn't technologically inclined. He never realized the difference he could have made to someone who looked up to him, if he only encouraged the slower people more instead of making them feel useless or pathetic.  He initially denied having a daughter at one time and ignored he even had a child, but eventually came around and started to support her.  Then when he was struck with cancer, it probably dawned on him, at some point that no amount of new tech advancements was going to save his life. He was a monster in my opinion.

Yeah, but being wrong as an Administrative Assistant, DOES NOT wreak havoc on anyone's life. The company does not shut down nor are the lives of the other employees on the brink of collapse. I can fix paperwork or call with an apology and get something corrected, if it wasn't done to someone's specification. My job isn't based on encouraging people or trying to give them information they need to climb down from the ledge.  Tons of people don't pay me to lead them down the fairytale lane, when they believe they are getting answers to the questions they need, by keeping them hooked into constantly calling back, wasting tons of money on empty hope.

Do you even believe what you're saying? There is no need to try to convince me, because that monkey won't fly. I am just so sick of that default justification for a psychic because no one is 100% right, b.s.  Well, maybe, just maybe, if readers start to take responsibilities for what they say to people who are strung out for help, then maybe, just maybe, they would be better at a job that profoundly affects the people who call. Honestly, "For Entertainment Purposes" can suck it....

ETA: and before any kickingthehabit fans start to jump all aboard, this post is not about her, even though I questioned her comments. My angst is directed at physics.

anything