Author Topic: KEEN FILTER  (Read 6403 times)

Offline Zee

KEEN FILTER
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »
Keen has a filter. I looked for a reader based on the reviews from this board and have already been blocked before I even knew she existed.  This might explain why many get blocked right from the starting gate without having done anything. The filter could be based on how much you’ve spent, how many 1 star ratings you’ve left, the average length of your calls, how long you’ve been a member, any number of things – so it would be difficult to pin down.

Offline Truth

• Lookin for the good ones, just like most of you
Re: KEEN FILTER
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:31:53 PM »
i dont understand this.
how would they know what your Keen name is from this forum? unless you are using the same name?

Offline Zee

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
It doesn't matter what your name is. They: the reader, filter it's clients by certain parameters (like some of the ones I listed previously) and block you (or not) accordingly.

They already know how much money you are going to spend on the call and just like Bitwine, I'm sure there is a tally of how much money you've spent, which is also one of the variables, or could be. I'm not on the inside so I wouldn't know what their filters are based on.

Bitwine keeps a talley of the money you've spent, that the caller sees as well.

I know for a fact that I've rated a 1 for a caller before, so if this is a filter that some of the readers selected and wanted to avoid possibly happening, they would go ahead and block me before I even get a chance to read with them.

Offline scorpiogirl

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 12:03:23 AM »
I don't know about a filter but I'd always tried to steer clear of readers who were part of a group on there.

If you read with one and left a less than stellar review, all blocked you.

Maybe there is something that they can "filter" by. My very first reading in there was so bad. From the feedback, it seemed she'd given me the exact reading she'd given others. So I said so.
Then I tried to call another. She had blocked me and she was only my second call with no apparent connection to the first woman. My account was new. Why would she just block me?

Just as well because turns out she was a major fake anyway.

Offline Truth

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 12:54:58 AM »
It doesn't matter what your name is. They: the reader, filter it's clients by certain parameters (like some of the ones I listed previously) and block you (or not) accordingly.

They already know how much money you are going to spend on the call and just like Bitwine, I'm sure there is a tally of how much money you've spent, which is also one of the variables, or could be. I'm not on the inside so I wouldn't know what their filters are based on.

Bitwine keeps a talley of the money you've spent, that the caller sees as well.

I know for a fact that I've rated a 1 for a caller before, so if this is a filter that some of the readers selected and wanted to avoid possibly happening, they would go ahead and block me before I even get a chance to read with them.

how do they know how much money you are going to spend on the call?

Offline Zee

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 02:42:02 AM »
I read somewhere perhaps on this board that the readers see how much you plan on spending. Whether or not you stay on the call is up to you. 

Offline Truth

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 03:08:56 AM »
I read somewhere perhaps on this board that the readers see how much you plan on spending. Whether or not you stay on the call is up to you.

hmm. first of all i doubt they can see how much money you have in your account (i could be totally wrong, i'm just trying to think rationally here). and even if they could who's to say you won't add money or end the call earlier?

i'm not sticking up for psychics either. i would bet 90%+ on these networks run game on callers. i just think that companies like Keen.com or others would be in a huge mess if they let personal info get out on the callers (name, address, credit card number). i mean, they'd be shut down so quick, so why would they risk it? just my thoughts..

Offline Zee

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 03:38:20 AM »
What risks are you referring to? Knowing how much money you plan on spending is not personal information they can use somewhere. I know without a doubt they don't have my personal info because now you can pay through PayPal and I have cancelled the original card.

I never brought up anything about personal information. All I was doing was giving an explaination as to why some callers get blocked by Keen readers before they even get a chance to try them.

Keen has some type of filter in place that allows the reader to pick and choose and even block. If the caller is able to filter to select a certain type of reader, it's understandable that a filter would be on the back end for the readers to use as well.

Offline Truth

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 06:05:15 AM »
you're right - you never brought that up. i was speaking broadly about things many people have brought up on threads and in chat because it related. maybe i should have kept to the topic you were speaking of.

anyways, i think you are still assuming. you can't prove there is this "magic filter". it still doesn't make sense to me. someones comment about being blocked in a group kinda makes sense to me, but i dont see how people can just look you up and block you if you've never spoken to them. do you know readers change their names all the time? maybe it was a reader named something differently before that blocked you then changed their name 1 or more times.

i'm not completely disagreeing with you. it's possible. but i am not a fan of posts that try to freak people out without having proof.

Offline Zee

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 06:37:53 AM »
Perhaps my explanation isn’t streamlined enough.

The filters the readers have don't look people up. It would be a certain number of choices that they select on their end and once the client proceeds to call them, something from their account, (giving a reader a 1-star for example) was flagged because this filter was selected and because this might be one type of caller readers wish to avoid, the caller's account would be blocked.

The caller’s name change or the reader’s name change has nothing to do with a filter. Filters are attached to the individuals account. 

As an example: if you’ve ever used an online dating site, it also has filters, which you select once you set up your account. You can choose a certain height for a guy, distance to where you live, common interests, certain income, if he has a car, etc, so that the system doesn’t send you any prospects with certain criteria that you don’t want; such as a guy under 5’8, guy with children under 18, guy with tattoos, etc.  This is how filters work.

True. I can't prove anything, but why would proof be necessary since Keen already has filters in place, when you search for a psychic. Many sites have them, you know. It's the algorithms that are populated when you create a search on a website.

To say Keen has filters should not necessarily freak people out - it's too overly simplistic to have that sort of effect, I would think. It’s just an observation per se, not a do or die, site shutdown situation.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:49:16 AM by Zee »

Offline Truth

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 07:41:38 AM »
oh oh oh.. got you. i thought you meant they saw a keen name somewhere and somehow looked the person up to block them specifically. i get what you are saying now.. that is an interesting thought.. you're right, if it didn't target a specific person (like i thought you were saying) then it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Offline marybell

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 04:06:49 PM »
Zee would one of the drop down options on the filter be to block all callers that have left a 1 star rating? 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:11:41 PM by marybell »

Offline bstalling

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »
This actually makes a lot of sense. I know that they have filters on Bitwine...just never thought they would have it on keen.

Offline Zee

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 04:41:31 PM »
Zee would one of the drop down options on the filter be to block all callers that have left a 1 star rating? 
Yes, it's possible that could be a filter or even 2-stars. Who knows?

Many readers don't want any negative review (which is completely unrealistic) and many block you
afterwards anyway.

Just recently on bitwine I left a reader a thumbsdown and I emailed her regarding that she lectured too much. She emailed back 'no refund'
and I told her I never asked for one.  A couple of days later she sent me a refund anyway, but had my negative comment removed as well.
She now has an all positive ratings.

...just never thought they would have it on keen.
Yeah, it was kind of surprising to me as well, because they seem to be higher end, but I just figured it out a couple of days ago.

Oh, I meant to add, this would explain why a caller was able to get through to a particular reader at one time and then later, get blocked.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:02:41 PM by Zee »

Offline marybell

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 06:52:10 PM »
I have only been blocked once and that was by someone who never read for me. There is no way she blocked me because of a negative review I have not left any. It seems to me that if the advisers could filter by negative reviewers, then anyone who has ever left a low score would never get to speak to a psychic again because I would bet that every adviser would use that option.

anything