Author Topic: Don't Put Your Faith in Psychics  (Read 25835 times)

Offline hope4love

Re: Don't Put Your Faith in Psychics
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 01:26:51 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:27:25 PM by hope4love »

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »
Have you ever given thought to the possibility that perhaps the inconsequential, the insignificant predictions manifest and not the big, significant ones because you're not dwelling on the insignificant predictions?  Try it.
congrats diva! that is awesommmeeeee

i agree with what you guys are saying. after being let down for about 10 years, at points spending THOUSANDS of dollars when i am upset about someone/something (and calling several people a day), i have had way too many bad experiences to ever justify the small amount of good ones. even when a psychic has been right it's usually something current, or random, and on top of that - small and irrelevant.

i also agree with and belive in the Law of Attraction. and usually, when psychics end up being right it's because we've created it in our own heart and minds, therefore it comes into reality. this doesn't usually mean it involves other people (meaning our ex's we want to come back) because you can't control others. however, you can create situations and experiences to your life.

at some point you have to look back at the pages of notes, or multiple voice files from calls, and the amount of money you spend and realize that it's not worth it. it creates anxiety, false hope and just drains your bank account and most of all, happiness.

let's help each other be strong. if it's one thing i've learned from this forum - i'm not alone.

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 01:42:19 PM »
Have you ever given thought to the possibility that perhaps the inconsequential, the insignificant predictions manifest and not the big, significant ones because you're not dwelling on the insignificant predictions?  Try it.

I haven't dwelled on my exbf since 2011. He still hasn't come back.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:13:57 PM by sunandmoon »

Offline tellmewhy

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 01:44:13 PM »
That is true!! That is why some predictions happens the same time a year later.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:45:45 PM by tellmewhy »

Offline Truth

• Lookin for the good ones, just like most of you
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 02:45:35 AM »
there have been a ton of predictions made for me in the past 10 years. i agree i have dwelt on a lot of them, especially the ones about people coming back into the picture. however, it's not always the case.

further, i find your post a bit impudent and very dismissive as if i am the one with the problem here. or anyone else here for that matter. if i have found that the majority of readings have been inaccurate then that is my experience. you are saying i'm the one with the problem like these people are Keen are flipping God or something.

either admit you are one of these psychics or stop pretending that you are, because it's becoming very annoying with all of your "holier than thou" statements you constantly throw at us.

i agree with what you guys are saying. after being let down for about 10 years, at points spending THOUSANDS of dollars when i am upset about someone/something (and calling several people a day), i have had way too many bad experiences to ever justify the small amount of good ones. even when a psychic has been right it's usually something current, or random, and on top of that - small and irrelevant.

i also agree with and belive in the Law of Attraction. and usually, when psychics end up being right it's because we've created it in our own heart and minds, therefore it comes into reality. this doesn't usually mean it involves other people (meaning our ex's we want to come back) because you can't control others. however, you can create situations and experiences to your life.

at some point you have to look back at the pages of notes, or multiple voice files from calls, and the amount of money you spend and realize that it's not worth it. it creates anxiety, false hope and just drains your bank account and most of all, happiness.

let's help each other be strong. if it's one thing i've learned from this forum - i'm not alone.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 03:34:11 AM »
OMG. That's not at all what I am saying. There was nothing untoward or holier than thou about my statement.  You are drawing unnecessary conclusions as I wasn't implying anyone has a problem and certainly I am not a psychic and never suggested I was!  Frankly, I find your attitude towards a perfectly reasonable comment very  rude to me and for no reason. I was simply making a suggestion which worked for me, but once again it turns to mudslinging on here.  It never changes.
there have been a ton of predictions made for me in the past 10 years. i agree i have dwelt on a lot of them, especially the ones about people coming back into the picture. however, it's not always the case.

further, i find your post a bit impudent and very dismissive as if i am the one with the problem here. or anyone else here for that matter. if i have found that the majority of readings have been inaccurate then that is my experience. you are saying i'm the one with the problem like these people are Keen are flipping God or something.

either admit you are one of these psychics or stop pretending that you are, because it's becoming very annoying with all of your "holier than thou" statements you constantly throw at us.

Offline Truth

• Lookin for the good ones, just like most of you
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 04:28:07 PM »
this was just the straw that broke the camels back. you are constantly making statements like this towards some of us members.

anyways, let's just drop it.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 07:02:26 PM »
Right! Let's put it aside, but in future I'd appreciate you keeping your thoughts and accusations to yourself in regards to me - what I think, who I am and what I am. You have no basis for your insinuations.  Your comments are unwarranted and there is no straw that broken any camel's back.  You simply misinterpreted my comment but aren't a big enough person to admit it.  :) As you were.
this was just the straw that broke the camels back. you are constantly making statements like this towards some of us members.

anyways, let's just drop it.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 07:10:55 PM »

And this is the bottom line for a lot of us. Just because we post about our experiences with some of these psychics does not mean that we are thinking about a particular person or situation 24/7. I lead an active and fulfilling life, always have. In fact, for the first couple of years of getting readings, I absolutely trusted that all they would say would happen sooner or later and threw caution to the wind..no dwelling at all...until I decided to look at reality.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:28:05 PM by bstalling »

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 07:50:05 PM »
Dwelling doesn't mean dwelling on the particular person, - an ex or a new love, or an individual.  It means dwelling on that part of one's life. That it's not OK just as it is.  That one is anxiously awaiting some event that will improve the status quo. That life would be better if just this one thing that psychics have predicted will happen, would happen.  That is what I mean by the term dwelling. It doesn't have to be 24/7, it's a notion that something needs to happen before contentment is achieved.

However, to each his own. Others' mileage may vary. Just saying it happened in my case.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:52:06 PM by Bark angel »

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2014, 08:11:59 PM »
Dwelling doesn't mean dwelling on the particular person, - an ex or a new love, or an individual.  It means dwelling on that part of one's life. That it's not OK just as it is.  That one is anxiously awaiting some event that will improve the status quo. That life would be better if just this one thing that psychics have predicted will happen, would happen.  That is what I mean by the term dwelling. It doesn't have to be 24/7, it's a notion that something needs to happen before contentment is achieved.

However, to each his own. Others' mileage may vary. Just saying it happened in my case.

I'm pretty sure if people were content with life as it is, they wouldn't need to call psychics.  They wouldn't NEED to know what's going to happen tomorrow.  Am I a happy person?  Absolutely.  I have wonderful children who fill my life with a tremendous amount of happiness.  I have a great career...  Parents who love and support me...  Friends who love and support me... Health... But guess what?  I don't have a partner to share all of that with as I go through life.  There is something missing.  It doesn't mean I'm miserable.  It doesn't even mean I'm "not OK" or that life isn't "OK".  It just means I would really like to have a romantic partner by my side.  I don't think dwelling has anything to do with this activity.  You know why?  I've done absolutely nothing different when predictions have manifested.  Nothing. 

As a matter of fact, Yona is a perfect example.  I treated her reading the same way I've treated all my readings.  I even re-read my notes on that reading a few times.  I remembered details she predicted.  I did absolutely nothing different.  Every single thing (with the exception of one) happened as she said.  I didn't do anything different.  She was just genuine and gifted.  Go figure. 

BTW, I'm not much different than most of the single 30-something women I know.  They are pretty bummed to be single as well.  They dwell on it.  They wonder why they can't find the right guy.  It's all the same.  We all have worries, concerns, fears.  That's natural.  That doesn't mean we are wrong in our approach or we are "willing" failed predictions. 

My 2 cents.  For what it's worth.   

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2014, 08:38:16 PM »
Nobody mentioned anything about being wrong or "willing" failed predictions, or being not natural.  Once again, I never suggested anything like that.  And I didn't mean that life isn't OK for many of us.  What I was saying is that it is only when we are content with our lives as they are - not wondering why there is something lacking, or someone lacking - and we are not waiting or hoping for something better to come along and improve the status quo, that's when we are not dwelling.  It's also at that very time that the Universe can look upon us as being content and truly grateful for what we have.

What differentiates the little predictions that people admit come true but are not significant or central to life?  Are they less of a prediction?  No.  Is the psychic less skilled for being accurate about them? No. The distinction lies in the person receiving that information.  And chances are when those predictions were given they were dismissed, and not reflected upon or discussed again. Because they simply were not our focus at that time.

I'm pretty sure if people were content with life as it is, they wouldn't need to call psychics.  They wouldn't NEED to know what's going to happen tomorrow.  Am I a happy person?  Absolutely.  I have wonderful children who fill my life with a tremendous amount of happiness.  I have a great career...  Parents who love and support me...  Friends who love and support me... Health... But guess what?  I don't have a partner to share all of that with as I go through life.  There is something missing.  It doesn't mean I'm miserable.  It doesn't even mean I'm "not OK" or that life isn't "OK".  It just means I would really like to have a romantic partner by my side.  I don't think dwelling has anything to do with this activity.  You know why?  I've done absolutely nothing different when predictions have manifested.  Nothing. 

As a matter of fact, Yona is a perfect example.  I treated her reading the same way I've treated all my readings.  I even re-read my notes on that reading a few times.  I remembered details she predicted.  I did absolutely nothing different.  Every single thing (with the exception of one) happened as she said.  I didn't do anything different.  She was just genuine and gifted.  Go figure. 

BTW, I'm not much different than most of the single 30-something women I know.  They are pretty bummed to be single as well.  They dwell on it.  They wonder why they can't find the right guy.  It's all the same.  We all have worries, concerns, fears.  That's natural.  That doesn't mean we are wrong in our approach or we are "willing" failed predictions. 

My 2 cents.  For what it's worth.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 08:50:48 PM »
I suggest you go back to your original comment, which you ended with the statement "try it".  As if the person getting a reading is doing something wrong and that is causing a failed prediction.  And if we aren't waiting for something, we wouldn't be getting readings.  The logic doesn't make sense.  People get readings because they want to know if something will or won't happen.  If I didn't want to know or didn't care what happens tomorrow, I wouldn't be asking about it.  Not sure how someone who is paying another person to predict the future can be asked not to "dwell" using your definition of the term. 

Additionally, I disagree that there is a different approach regarding when the "insignificant" things happen.  QoC made a weird prediction for me about a black SUV.  I was like, what the heck?? In fact, I probably thought about it more than any of the big predictions because I had no idea what the heck she was talking about.  Then it happened!  And, honestly, while it didn't significantly impact my life, I was impressed nonetheless. 

Offline divine wishes

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 09:01:45 PM »
The idea of releasing and surrendering so that we are then opening up to the magic of the universe to allow for predictions to unfold is beautiful...but I am don't know if that's all it comes down to.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I mostly call psychics about job and relationship issues. For jobs, I did have huge predictions made, which eventually manifested, however I was never content with the job I was looking to leave. I was miserable and was doing everything in my power to get out of there. It was constantly on my mind, and I saw it as a plague on my existence. I kept pushing forward, but also bitching about my terrible job to anyone who would listen. I read and re-read predictions non-stop. In Feb 2011 SoulLove11 made the prediction that I would get a new position, explained the industry, and even explained my potential boss. In June 2011, I got the job, and every detail she mentioned was on-point!

I think there some predictions are just wrong -- regardless of how we approach it. I know there were predictions made for me that I dismissed and never thought about again, like me opening my own business (lovenurse07), or meeting a man in a pickup with a dog (magicalsandra). Those never happened for me...but I guess you can say "you never know what can happen down the road".     ;D

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 10:32:21 PM »
Once again, you are supposing that it was my intent to suggest wrong doing.  But it wasn't. I was only proposing ONE suggestion to Truth.  Not all possibilities - just one.  Nothing more, nothing less. I have never suggested that if one "dwells" on a subject matter that a prediction fails.  I simply said perhaps (perhaps is not assertive, definite or conclusive, but simply suggests that a possibility exists) not dwelling might be the justification for why some manifest and others do not, or have not yet manifested.

I'd also caution you to not draw conclusions on why people get readings.  I know a lot of people that get readings and predictions are not even a thought, at that point.  Some people take readings to get guidance on how to handle a situation.
Not sure how someone who is paying another person to predict the future can be asked not to "dwell" using your definition of the term. 
My definition of dwell is the same as any prominent dictionary.  It means to linger over or ponder in thought.  And to answer your question - yes, one can call a psychic asking of the future and receive the message and not linger over that message.  It is done all the time.

I suggest you go back to your original comment, which you ended with the statement "try it".  As if the person getting a reading is doing something wrong and that is causing a failed prediction.  And if we aren't waiting for something, we wouldn't be getting readings.  The logic doesn't make sense.  People get readings because they want to know if something will or won't happen.  If I didn't want to know or didn't care what happens tomorrow, I wouldn't be asking about it.  Not sure how someone who is paying another person to predict the future can be asked not to "dwell" using your definition of the term. 

Additionally, I disagree that there is a different approach regarding when the "insignificant" things happen.  QoC made a weird prediction for me about a black SUV.  I was like, what the heck?? In fact, I probably thought about it more than any of the big predictions because I had no idea what the heck she was talking about.  Then it happened!  And, honestly, while it didn't significantly impact my life, I was impressed nonetheless.

anything