Relationship Psychology Discussions > My Story
No man worth your time is worth all of this heartache
ladya:
--- Quote from: sawthelight on January 28, 2019, 09:41:58 AM ---
I know. there really is no excuse.
At the end of the day, we all have our issues and problems. It doesn't give us free reign though to mistreat others or ignore others who mean something to us.
My mistake with first guy was fooling myself into believing he could eventually offer me what I wanted and needed from a man. the readings egged this on (and that is why I am so against them for the most part now)....the constant "he will come around", "he will realize what he wants"; "he will come forward and make changes"...he never did.
He was pretty honest with me too about what he could or couldn't offer at the time. I chose to wait around and for that I will forever regret. But it taught me a lot that's for sure. that's why second guy got cut off with a quickness when I saw similar patterns.
--- End quote ---
did your intuition tell you he would come around or not?
sawthelight:
--- Quote from: ladya on January 28, 2019, 09:46:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: sawthelight on January 28, 2019, 09:41:58 AM ---
I know. there really is no excuse.
At the end of the day, we all have our issues and problems. It doesn't give us free reign though to mistreat others or ignore others who mean something to us.
My mistake with first guy was fooling myself into believing he could eventually offer me what I wanted and needed from a man. the readings egged this on (and that is why I am so against them for the most part now)....the constant "he will come around", "he will realize what he wants"; "he will come forward and make changes"...he never did.
He was pretty honest with me too about what he could or couldn't offer at the time. I chose to wait around and for that I will forever regret. But it taught me a lot that's for sure. that's why second guy got cut off with a quickness when I saw similar patterns.
--- End quote ---
did your intuition tell you he would come around or not?
--- End quote ---
yes my intuition told me he would come around, and he did always come around, but never offered me what I wanted or needed. So I had to break that pattern and stop wasting my time.
ladya:
--- Quote from: sawthelight on January 28, 2019, 09:48:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: ladya on January 28, 2019, 09:46:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: sawthelight on January 28, 2019, 09:41:58 AM ---
I know. there really is no excuse.
At the end of the day, we all have our issues and problems. It doesn't give us free reign though to mistreat others or ignore others who mean something to us.
My mistake with first guy was fooling myself into believing he could eventually offer me what I wanted and needed from a man. the readings egged this on (and that is why I am so against them for the most part now)....the constant "he will come around", "he will realize what he wants"; "he will come forward and make changes"...he never did.
He was pretty honest with me too about what he could or couldn't offer at the time. I chose to wait around and for that I will forever regret. But it taught me a lot that's for sure. that's why second guy got cut off with a quickness when I saw similar patterns.
--- End quote ---
did your intuition tell you he would come around or not?
--- End quote ---
yes my intuition told me he would come around, and he did always come around, but never offered me what I wanted or needed. So I had to break that pattern and stop wasting my time.
--- End quote ---
i meant come around in the way you needed. not just check in.
sawthelight:
In the beginning, I held out a lot of hope that he would change..and the readers (some that you love in fact) told me the same. Yes I did believe we would be together for a long while. I would say only at the beginning of last year I really started to doubt. I pretty much gave up by spring time...But I started reading on Keen about him in 2014! and it took that long to get over him.
My intuition was skewed by readings, and I felt I cold no longer trust it after a while. I'm past that now and see clearer, thank God.
sawthelight:
A big part of the problem with my first guy was that I think he believed I would always be there, waiting for him..and why not? I showed him that I was always there for him when he decided to come around even after no contact for a while.
I know he loved and cared for me too..that was obvious. He was just dysfunction al AF tbh. I really pity anyone who got involved with him after me...or anyone who was involved with him before me. He's just not long term material.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version