Author Topic: Ranting about psychic advice vs personal advice  (Read 2600 times)

Offline marybell

Ranting about psychic advice vs personal advice
« on: August 18, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »
My gf called me last night complaining about her husband again.  The first few times she complained about him , I was opened minded and tried to help her sort through her issues with him.  Last night I realized something.  That as soon as she mentions his name, I have a preconceived idea as to what she is going to say.  I already do not like her husband, so, I am not sure if I really hear her new complaints because I already "know" what she about to say.  He could have a major life change and suddenly become the kindest guy in the world, but I will still see him as awful , and hope that my friend will leave him.
When we hung up, I realized that this is how it must work with  the advisers. They are human. They are not perfect. If they know our histories, how is it possible that each time the same adviser reads for us they can be objective?
 I do not recall where it was posted here, but I remember someone talking about how frustrating it is when our trusted advisers no longer give us readings but instead give us advice. I sometimes see negative feedback left on Keen from someone who once adored the adviser now angrily resents them. (Personally, I do not know how someone can turn on their trusted adviser like this, but that's another story) A friend of mine who is the most incredible tarot card reader will sometimes exchange a reading with me for a meal.  I stopped asking her for readings over a year ago because I could tell she was unintentionally interpreting the cards to fit her view of my situation.  She went from brilliant to  bland.  I will ask her for another reading sometime, but not until there is something new for her to see.
I have been so frustrated lately.  It seems that every regular adviser I call , knows too much about me. I do not believe for a minute that they intend to advise over read, but somehow I feel they are.  Sorry, for the rant and vent but who else but you guys would understand?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:29:34 PM by marybell »

loops77

Re: Ranting about psychic advice vs personal advice
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »
It is a major pet peeve when they "add their own stuff" intot he readings. I wouldnt care so much if they said "hey, this is coming from me", but they never do that and pass it off as psychic information. I'm just about done with my journey with readings. I wont say that I regret getting them..they have helped me...just not in a consistent way.

Offline marybell

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 11:01:03 PM »
Loops , I don't think they know they are giving their personal opinion.  My friend fought me like heck when I told her that's what she was doing.  She really felt that she saw it in the cards . She would have argued that she "saw" that match.com is a good place for me to go.  She is an excellent tarot reader, who does not read cards  for a living, and she certainly was not relying on one of my home cooked meals to live.   In my opinion when that happens, I feel it's time to get a fresh reading from a totally new adviser.  The benefit of sticking with the ones we know are   that its less expensive because we are not starting over and having to go through the basics.  But the disadvantage may be that they  know too much about us so in a way it costs us more emotionally because the adviser may feel they are connected to us when they are not. I don't know. So frustrating.  Btw.. what are these karma points by our names?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:32:18 AM by marybell »

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 02:40:05 AM »
Greenclover......so right about this....if a psychic throws this crap at me, like u said....(I had i told the woman the reading was entirely cliches and advise.  telling me to join match, get out more, i'm blocking things, need to manifest... yadayadayada).....I say good bye....or just haang up on them....because it's B.S.