Author Topic: when readers ask for feedback..  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Truth

• Lookin for the good ones, just like most of you
when readers ask for feedback..
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:29:39 PM »
sorry to post under Keen.com. i'm sure this happens on most sites. this is probably a topic that has been brought up before, but i needed to vent for a minute.

do you guys ever have readers email you after a reading, or even ask you during the call, to leave them positive feedback? this frustrates me because i want to WAIT for the reading to manifest. i don't want to leave feedback that moment because i don't know if the predictions will come true. however, i don't want to piss the reader off and have them block me for not listening to their request. i understand that it's important for a reader to see that they are connecting with people, and i'm sure it feels great to get things right. however, wouldn't you want the feedback to be genuine?

i  had a reader do this to me last night. it was the first time i read with her. she seemed okay, but not incredibly mind-blowing accurate. afterwards she sent me an email asking me to leave her positive feedback. i'm not sure what to do. like i said, if she turns out to be correct i want the option to use her again, but am afraid if i don't leave her feedback then she will block me.

what do you guys do in situations like this? do you think this is why some readers have pages of feedback saying "thanks" or "sweet person"? hah

Offline Luckystar

• Veterans
Re: when readers ask for feedback..
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »
  what do you guys do in situations like this? do you think this is why some readers have pages of feedback saying "thanks" or "sweet person"? hah   

unfortunately, i think that is a bad sign when they ask you to leave feedback. A good reader doesn't have to ask in my opinion. They trust that they will be accurate for at least some, and therefore will recieve some positive reviews. Anyone else want to comment on this?

canary

Re: when readers ask for feedback..
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:14:43 PM »
Hounding for positive feedback is a bad sign.  Reading time being used to solicit positive feedback is poor form.  That said, I appreciate being gently reminded to leave feedback, as I understand that is the only way these readers can promote their services on sites such as these.  Supposedly it also helps keep their advertising costs down. My personal take on this subject?  I only leave feedback for readings that were impressive.  Leaving feedback after a reading is like sending a thank you card to my hairdresser, manicurist or therapist.  To varying degrees, we tell these folks about our lives and make a connection to these people.  How many times hasn't your hairdresser built rapport by asking "so... you still seeing that guy?", or "how's that crazy roommate of yours?" Readers would be no different.  Leaving feedback elevates from client to patron.  As a result, there is a greater likelihood they may not only remember us, but may also take a more personal interest in what they deliver, spare the gimmicks, and speak the truth... that's my hope.  I prefer to not hold a reader responsible for a lover who never called or returned.  If a reader has picked up stuff correctly for the past and present, and the reading resonated strongly, I leave feedback about their accuracy, connection, etc.  I will then call that reader back to confirm their predictions, and also mention it in their feedback.  However, I may never call a reader again if that is how "outcome based" my reading was, and nothing came true.