Author Topic: $13  (Read 9896 times)

Offline melancholia

$13
« on: June 15, 2012, 01:08:11 AM »
So.  The "top" five (none of whom have particularly impressed me - Liam, Dave, Venice, Red, and that awful Gina Rose) have now been raised to $13/min.  That's literally at least 100 times the minimum wage in the vast majority of states.

I just...I can't.  They're not even good readers - they all feed the fairytales. I remember paying $5.50 for Liam back in the day and thinking that was a lot.  What the hell?

Offline guesswho

Re: $13
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 02:01:57 AM »
Oh wow!  I've never read with any of those listed.  I just was not drawn to any of those at all.  I can't believe they are at $13/min!!  That's ridiculous.  I even think some of the ones who are actually good are too expensive at $8.50/min and there are a TON that I don't think deserve to be at $6.50/min.  I haven't read with CP for a while and it looks like I'm not going to for a LONG time.  lol

Offline haileyn

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 02:31:47 AM »
So.  The "top" five (none of whom have particularly impressed me - Liam, Dave, Venice, Red, and that awful Gina Rose) have now been raised to $13/min.  That's literally at least 100 times the minimum wage in the vast majority of states.

I just...I can't.  They're not even good readers - they all feed the fairytales. I remember paying $5.50 for Liam back in the day and thinking that was a lot.  What the hell?

:o I don't like any of them except maybe Dave but even then I thought reading with him at 4.25 back in the old days was high  :-\

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 03:25:07 AM »
I've read with Dave and Gina Rose, back in 2010

Offline 4everhopeful

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 04:01:59 AM »
Well all I can say is $13 a minute is outrageous, and especially for these readers. None of their predictions ever came true for me, not one. Not even close. Must be a popularity contest or something, lol. I did go to CP today just to read testimonials for someone mentioned in one of the posts here. His name is Nathan. He is already at $5.50 I think. I was tempted to give him a call until I saw the rate. Thats what I was paying for Red and Gina Rose almost 4 years ago. CP can go jump in the lake, lol. They are getting ridiculous.

Offline 4everhopeful

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
i just closed my CP account two weeks ago. Guiltily i wanted to re-open my account in a month to get a reading w/red. But this is a much. I cant afford this.
i agree liam, gina rose are just horribly awful readers. i can't believe i read w/liam for so long, he gave me horrible false hope. And gina rose is way too up in her ego to give anyone advice.
i never read w/dave or venice... but something tells me im not missing much.

...still, i shamefully hold a soft spot towards red. Are there any threads w/her about false accuracy? - cause that would really help me from giving at the end of this month and ringing her up.

...sometimes i'm tempted to visit a psychic at a shop, but i get so sick of the "you have a curse give me so i can fix it" that i dare not ever do that again.

but in the end, i must be present towards the now. no future is worth living except the now.

I talked with Red a few times. The readings were always months apart so I did give time for things to manifest. She seemed to pick up on feelings and a few things that seemed accurate, but none of her predictions ever panned out. She is a sweet lady and nice to talk to but I feel ripped off in the end. Just like psycho Gina Rose and Liam. Hope this helps Fluttershy.

Offline haileyn

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
Well all I can say is $13 a minute is outrageous, and especially for these readers. None of their predictions ever came true for me, not one. Not even close. Must be a popularity contest or something, lol. I did go to CP today just to read testimonials for someone mentioned in one of the posts here. His name is Nathan. He is already at $5.50 I think. I was tempted to give him a call until I saw the rate. Thats what I was paying for Red and Gina Rose almost 4 years ago. CP can go jump in the lake, lol. They are getting ridiculous.

I guess a lot of people are reading this post about him because his queue is full now when yesterday he had no one in it for about an hour.

eleonora

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 04:04:40 PM »
I guess a lot of people are reading this post about him because his queue is full now when yesterday he had no one in it for about an hour.

This is how the good ones become expensive and it becomes more and more difficult to talk to them. And this is why I've been reluctant to share my experiences here (but I posted about Nathan yesterday). Although CP (except for Nathan and perhaps Leo) does not certainly count as a good experience.

Offline LavenderGirl

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 04:39:11 PM »
Hi read with interest all the above posts, is everyone aware that a reader on a psychic line does not get that whack of money they are advertised at - just dont think they have rates right at those sort of prices.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:41:35 PM by LavenderGirl »

Offline melancholia

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
Hi read with interest all the above posts, is everyone aware that a reader on a psychic line does not get that whack of money they are advertised at - just dont think they have rates right at those sort of prices.

Oh, I realize that. My disgust is first and foremost with CP, for taking advantage of their customers by inflating the price and gouging their readers.

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
CP/ Psychics/Re: $13
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »
13 dollars a minute is really outrageous, I think!......wonder how long there queues will stay filled now! In all do honesty, Gina Rose was very inaccurate with me when I read with her when she was 7.50......she actually went overboard talking about herself....and on my dollar....lol....crazy....Never read with Liam, or Mark.  Just sharing my thoughts! I still do think Jacqulene is good, Fiona, Sabrina, Raina are also excellent without sky hi fees. And of course my new favorite is Nathan.

But one thing I am going to do, is take a break from calling psychics, at least for 3 months. I really need to let things manifest.
(Here I go....lol...going to do this)
My next reading with a psychic is not going to be until September of this year!.....I am on the ban wagon... :D

Offline melancholia

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 08:37:04 PM »
I have read with Dave twice, no matter how nice he was on phone, he was no better than any other psychic I read on CP ( I have read with many!!), and as usual he predicted positive things only. $13 per mnt is $780 an hour charge for services...WOW......

True story. And Lord knows if he gets someone on the phone that's still relatively knew to the "psychic experience", so to speak, but in it just long enough to be addicted, they'll stay on the phone with him for an hour because he is excellent at keeping you on the phone.  I read with him for the first time when he was...I think $4.25 or $5.25, and not only does he promise the moon and stars (and makes the same promise with each subsequent guy I called about, which was how I wised up to him), but he has this tendency to read the details of each and every individual card he pulls and goes on and on about auras.  Now, don't get me wrong - I like detail, I like hearing about auras, I enjoy all of that.  But I can't stay on the line with you for half an hour being charged $5.25/min, let alone being charged $13.  That's insane.

The one thing those readers all have in common - and the reason their prices immediately shoot to the top - is that they all know how to make you feel good and keep you on the phone, period.  Don't misunderstand me - speaking with Liam is such a freaking pleasure I wish he was my actual friend, because we would sometimes wander off-topic about science and math and everything else...but I don't need to pay my friends $13/min to have those conversations, and since his predictions never panned out (though he's an amazing sounding board and usually pretty good at analyzing how a guy's thinking when given enough data) I can't justify calling him again. 

...Crap.  I'm ranting again, aren't I?

Offline LavenderGirl

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 10:22:11 AM »
agreed - too much for anyone and certainly if in need of help and guidance. sad isnt it how the world is today -

Offline whiteangel

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 12:42:19 AM »
This could possibly require a new thread but I did want to chime in about a book I've recently read called "Messages from Spirit" by Collete Baron Reid (also a well known psychic).  It's helped me A LOT in starting to break my addiction to psychics (I've taken to calling myself a future junkie).  Especially her chapters on "Oracle Abuse" which I think to some degree all of us reading this are now or have in the past struggled with... I won't go into great detail but I'd really recommend the book, it's helped me a lot after thousands of dollars and a year full of predictions with a number of readers (none of which are now at $13 but I suspect some could be soon).  Anyway, some predictions have manifested, some have not.  I've had a hell of a year and I've received some very good guidance and I'm grateful for it, despite it's crazy (literally) cost, but I really am starting to be convinced that any of us that are this dependent upon these readings are possibly basically stunting our own growth and until we wake up, shift our energy and start living in the present we will continue...   Just my 2 cents -- if your struggling and want to stop feeding CA Psychics machine, I would really give this book a go.  Similarly, one or two psychics that I've visited locally/regionally in the past have no more than one reading per 6 month policies and I suspect that's for good reason.  I'm not about intuitives/psychics not making a living using their gift but I think we have to reject these crazy prices, especially if it's not even the psychic getting even half of $13/hr - I'd love to know how much they are actually making.  I get advertising and IT maintenance of a site like CP and frankly I think it's an incredibly well done website/service but it's getting ridiculous. 

Offline Zee

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 05:40:05 AM »
am not even sure if the readings they give back to back to back are accurate. I dont know anything about psychic abilities, but I am assuming that it takes energy and focus to tap into other people's energies and every time when you are doing that, you need to recharge your own batteries. I wonder if previous caller's energy lingers and gets mixed up with present caller's energy and then when this caller is off and next caller is in, his/her energy is again mixed with residual energies around psychics? they dont seem to cleanse or meditate in between readings, as all readings are non-stop.....
This has always been my impression.  A psychic can pick up so much stuff; I think it would be hard for them to just turn off the other callers’ energy and just dive into mine right away.  The better psychics can do this though and focus right on you and your situation.  It's the inexperienced ones which concern me.