Author Topic: Probably not done entirely, but pretty close  (Read 3110 times)

Offline melancholia

Probably not done entirely, but pretty close
« on: June 11, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »
So, I got fired on Friday.  I feel like I should be more upset than I am, but honestly, my job was crap and I'm not sorry to see it go.  I would have posted sooner, but I was honestly tied up with a lot of things.

Now, on to the point.  Almost everyone told me my job loved me and was safe and I'd excel and blah blah blah. 

Yeah, no.  Apparently not. 

Now, I'm not ruling out that maybe for some of them the "advancement" they saw was me getting any job at all whatsoever that wasn't that one, but they still missed the big honkin' termination that came down the pipe, huh?  There were 3, and only 3, of the many I asked about my job that indicated there could be a change in the future.  The first was Kisha.  When I asked about work, she said she foresaw drastic change that didn't look like a promotion.  This is true.  The next was Aurora (Your Message From Above), who indicated I'd be changing jobs later on, but also her timing was off - she said to start looking in the fall.  The third was Lady Persephone, funnily enough, who was correct in that I'd be given a raise at my last review and that there would theoretically be opportunity for another one sooner than expected (I was offered this) but who said my career would change before that.  She was probably the most accurate, but God I wish she'd given timelines so I could have started looking sooner. 

Take from this what you will.  I'm going to see a friend right now, but a little later on I will post a list of everyone who got it wrong or somewhat wrong over the last couple months (while all of this was developing).

Edit: Still doing a lot of running around, but two things: One, I missed someone who got it right for me - London.  I forgot because she told me all this half a year ago and I just saw it clearing out my notes from past readings (because everyone who got it wrong is sooo off my list).  Two, I still had a balance left in my keen account so I gave Lady Persephone a call since she'd been one of the ones who were right and it was worth giving it a shot to see if I could narrow down a field of where to look and maybe how long to plan for (I'm using the last of my CP balance on London who has always been right for me with career stuff). She (LP) gave me a reading on some contact from my boss post-firing.  Sure enough, my boss called last night and the conversation went exactly as LP said it would.  I'm hoping this means we have a solid connection because I still have a few long-term predictions pending for her regarding several different areas of my life, and though the predictions aren't completely positive and are actually pretty complicated, at least if she's right I'll be going into things prepared.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:24:27 PM by Somnus »

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
Re: Probably not done entirely, but pretty close
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:40:24 PM »
I'm sorry Somnus! It's never fun to lose a job...even if it's one you hate.

I'm sure something better is probably coming down the pike for you though...whenever I left one job the next was always much better.

Good luck :)

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:18:04 PM »
Somnus, I am really sorry to hear, it must be extremely rough. I hope all works out in your favor and a better suited job comes around the corner for you soon :)

Thank you for taking the time out to share with us who was accurate, as I imagine it took much strength to do so.

Offline waiting4godot

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 06:16:21 PM »
Good luck on your  job hunt - The way has cleared now for you to get what you really want!

eleonora

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »
Sometimes what we loose is for our best. Perhaps your new job will be indeed an 'advancement'. Isn't this often true for ex-bf too? Once we find a new love interest, don't we wonder, how could have been so attached to him?