Author Topic: Back on Readings  (Read 1154 times)

Online Chocolate

Back on Readings
« on: April 07, 2024, 08:37:03 AM »
Hi. I’d been trying to wean myself off readings but had a bit of a tough few weeks and got back into the cycle of having too many.

A few readers had been very accurate about my situation and one had even got a name right but they were all wrong about my love life.

I think I needed to get this low with the shame and we’ll panic of spending far too much on readings to realise I need to try and stop again. I’m back to taking it one day at a time.

Hope the rest of you are doing better 🤞

Offline Notacrystalfreak

Re: Back on Readings
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 12:12:00 PM »
Hi. I’d been trying to wean myself off readings but had a bit of a tough few weeks and got back into the cycle of having too many.

A few readers had been very accurate about my situation and one had even got a name right but they were all wrong about my love life.

I think I needed to get this low with the shame and we’ll panic of spending far too much on readings to realise I need to try and stop again. I’m back to taking it one day at a time.

Hope the rest of you are doing better 🤞

Sorry to hear that. It’s truly a horrible addiction and people underestimate how hard it is to quit. You’re on the right path though and we go through high points and low points throughout recovery. You may feel as though you’ve regressed but actually you’re seeing things from a different vantage point further on in your recovery (if that makes sense). Even when I was trying to quit I had one last binge, but this time was different, I hung up the phone after a few minutes each time, I tested them rather than people pleasing. Anyway I digress, I think you can do it you just need to believe in yourself.

Online Chocolate

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 01:20:03 PM »
Thanks so much for your reply. That’s changed my outlook that it can be part of the recovery to have a binge and then try again.

When I have thought about it, it’s so unhealthy to have a “psychic” say this and that will happen and for me to hang on every word because it gives me a bit of hope. Far better for me to try and process and deal with things, especially heartbreak

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2024, 08:42:41 PM »
Thanks so much for your reply. That’s changed my outlook that it can be part of the recovery to have a binge and then try again.

When I have thought about it, it’s so unhealthy to have a “psychic” say this and that will happen and for me to hang on every word because it gives me a bit of hope. Far better for me to try and process and deal with things, especially heartbreak

Yeah if you think about it, if you still feel awful after the reading that’s just another negative experience that will propel you into stopping the readings. I know one of the last readings I had was an awful on from Facebook that’ cost me £8. Best £8 I ever spent as since then I stopped “trying out” new readers.

Offline sai07

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 10:46:46 PM »
Hey Chocolate, I am with you on this up and down journey too. I understand, it’s hard to get a clean break. Perhaps pulling away all together isn’t the solution? Just throwing it out there, perhaps it’s just an attempt to reduce and save some $$? Last month I should have had zero readings but I caved and had 6-7. However, that’s less than previous.

I erased all of my notes except one - reading them back they all sound pretty ridiculous tbh. I feel like I spent money for emotional regulation - and far too much. Keep at it, and as notacrystalfreak said, each negative experience will make you want to stay away aka predictions that aren’t panning out in the timing or the way these readers say, which in my experience, no one is 100 percent accurate and long term predictions are too difficult to judge.

It’s a difficult addiction, don’t be hard on yourself, do the best you can!

Online Chocolate

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 05:23:14 PM »
Thank you! I tried to just have one or two readings a month but ended up having far too many. I think the draw to readings, for me, is that I am quite intuitive myself so I do think there is something in it. One psychic said to me that my feeling about something is that such and such will happen and I am just confirming it. I think that is true and maybe I should just go with my gut feelings and logic in the future.

Appreciate the support

Offline littleheartsajar

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 03:44:12 AM »
Thank you! I tried to just have one or two readings a month but ended up having far too many. I think the draw to readings, for me, is that I am quite intuitive myself so I do think there is something in it. One psychic said to me that my feeling about something is that such and such will happen and I am just confirming it. I think that is true and maybe I should just go with my gut feelings and logic in the future.

Appreciate the support

YES!! THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS AND I TOTALLY RELATE.