Author Topic: Had a slip today  (Read 684 times)

Offline Notacrystalfreak

Had a slip today
« on: February 25, 2024, 01:14:21 PM »
I range trusted psychics and have a 3 minute read (£2.50)
I hung up because I didn’t like the voice of my reader lol and I’m really not into tarot readings I like psychic readings.

I’ve been brooding a lot about an opportunity (I’m sure it’ll come up again). Writing this has made me realise it’s not worth my mental health and things always work out.

There was a job opportunity that I feel like I blew. Perhaps if I prepared better I would have got it. It’s so hard to get a job and I was so close. Perhaps I need to get rid of the “it’s too hard” and think “ I am a fierce competitor”
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 01:26:41 PM by Notacrystalfreak »

Offline midwest60

Re: Had a slip today
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 02:50:29 AM »
The key is to not put all ones eggs in one basket.  If you believe in the law of statistics, at some point if you try to apply for multiple opportunities, you will get a bite. It's when we place too much priority on one job or opportunity that we are most vulnerable.  I truly believe the best opportunities arise when you least expect them. Keep applying for jobs...your ship will come in.

I once applied for a sales position at two different companies. In one week, I received a reply that I would be hired with the next opening...in about a month's time. The second job came from an interview I had with the president of the franchise on a Friday. I was in his office interviewing and he offered me a position. I remember he seemed very successful and had a portable golf putting set up.  Well,  by Monday, I heard that the first company who offered me a position decided to hire two other people. And, the president who offered me a firm position was fired over the weekend. That was two jobs I thought were "gos" that became "misses."   The great lesson in this is that the next week my boss ended up leaving the company, and I was offered her job, which was much more suited for me.   So, life and these opps a work in mysterious ways.

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 11:44:56 AM »
The key is to not put all ones eggs in one basket.  If you believe in the law of statistics, at some point if you try to apply for multiple opportunities, you will get a bite. It's when we place too much priority on one job or opportunity that we are most vulnerable.  I truly believe the best opportunities arise when you least expect them. Keep applying for jobs...your ship will come in.

I once applied for a sales position at two different companies. In one week, I received a reply that I would be hired with the next opening...in about a month's time. The second job came from an interview I had with the president of the franchise on a Friday. I was in his office interviewing and he offered me a position. I remember he seemed very successful and had a portable golf putting set up.  Well,  by Monday, I heard that the first company who offered me a position decided to hire two other people. And, the president who offered me a firm position was fired over the weekend. That was two jobs I thought were "gos" that became "misses."   The great lesson in this is that the next week my boss ended up leaving the company, and I was offered her job, which was much more suited for me.   So, life and these opps a work in mysterious ways.

Thank you that means a lot. I wanted to get a reading but after reading this I think I have the advice I need. Thank you. I’m not going to put all my eggs in one basket and I’m going to keep trying.

Offline sai07

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 05:20:18 PM »
Hi there!

In the same boat, looking for a job and the market is tough so when I get frustrated and need hope I reach out on Keen. Maybe except for one psychic (and she could be a big fluke and is not 100% either), literally ALL the psychics I have called, ALL of them have been 100% wrong about when I will get the job.

I'm not sure if you are faith-based, I have been reaching out to God a lot lately. But even if you aren't, YOU have a lot of control of the opportunities that come by you for work/employment. Don't lose hope and trust in yourself. If you blew it, it's OK. Something better will come along.

I was told I would get a job mid-Feb by two psychics. Instead what happened was I did not get the job and they shortlisted two other candidates, as per the recruiter.  I called one of the psychics back to be like WTF, I didn't get it. And then he's like, don't worry the recruiter will call you back in two weeks and both those short-listed candidates will have dropped off and you'll get it. Do you know how far-fetched that sounds? lol. And it didn't happen.

You're not alone, please don't be hard on yourself, we all spiral and want to be told things will be OK. I wish you the best! 

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 10:57:17 AM »
Hi there!

In the same boat, looking for a job and the market is tough so when I get frustrated and need hope I reach out on Keen. Maybe except for one psychic (and she could be a big fluke and is not 100% either), literally ALL the psychics I have called, ALL of them have been 100% wrong about when I will get the job.

I'm not sure if you are faith-based, I have been reaching out to God a lot lately. But even if you aren't, YOU have a lot of control of the opportunities that come by you for work/employment. Don't lose hope and trust in yourself. If you blew it, it's OK. Something better will come along.

I was told I would get a job mid-Feb by two psychics. Instead what happened was I did not get the job and they shortlisted two other candidates, as per the recruiter.  I called one of the psychics back to be like WTF, I didn't get it. And then he's like, don't worry the recruiter will call you back in two weeks and both those short-listed candidates will have dropped off and you'll get it. Do you know how far-fetched that sounds? lol. And it didn't happen.

You're not alone, please don't be hard on yourself, we all spiral and want to be told things will be OK. I wish you the best!
Thank you that’s really helped. I got a free reading from someone and even that really didn’t help. She said a few months but I’m calling bulshit. If it happens great, if not I didn’t expect it anyway. I wanted her to tell me that there’s another job genuinely better not just saying it because it’s what I want to hear. My fault for asking her though. Should’ve just got a general read.