Author Topic: Joining the lent bandwagon  (Read 8720 times)

Offline Notacrystalfreak

Re: Joining the lent bandwagon
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2024, 03:04:49 PM »
How did this post get 7000 views

Offline Mina

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2024, 06:49:53 PM »
How did this post get 7000 views

🤷🏻‍♀️😳😅

I did notice a high count… on my side it reads 6333 ish views?

I’ve also been meaning to update this post because I do I feel I grew.

But they’re controversial subjects. Let me see if I can sum up it:

Overall, I didn’t stop talking to psychics but have weened down a lot. I just have one go to … I have tried some others but they’re not really ones I can talk to more than once a month, and again would prefer to just stop

Im considering converting Catholicism, and going to RCIA classes. (Of all things seriously 😳?!! … yes)

I have found so much comfort with hallow app, ascension present talks on YouTube, father Mike homilies, and praying the rosary. (My mother does not approve. She is a hard Baptist and views that praying to Mary a form of idolatry. But I don’t view it that way. And all I want is to join the worship of the Eucharist (I guess in Christian terms is known as Communion- you have no idea how much I crave that grape blood of Jesus, body wafers  😆. But in all seriousness, I have truly missed this so deeply))

What is sticking is I have laid down manifesting, law of attraction, law of assumptions ideologies, etc … this is controversial because some ppl prefer this route to ween themselves off of psychics  -but after years with manifesting coaches, courses, I just feel done. Do I think manifesting is a type of spellcasting, or demonic- kind of? Sorta… yes, no 🤷🏻‍♀️, it’s complicated and controversial… but it’s not a route I want to follow currently and possibly anymore.

But also have I really 🤨 stopped spellcasting? 😅 … because I’m currently praying this 54 day novena I’m on day 19 for the original intention of reconciliation with my ex… and um on day 9 I did talk to my ex and had this kind of beautiful closure, that’s really hard to put into words. If anything I feel praying this novena has helped me accept things and move on… dang I got 45 more days of 20-30 min daily prayer, I kinda feel I already have my answers and response to this. But I really enjoyed my 40+ day commitment and I feel praying the rosary has given me me strength and been an outlet of my overwhelming emotions when I focus upon on “thy mysteries” or what have you

I hope I have summed this up
Probably not
But um for me I need a spiritual grounding that fills my cup and I wasn’t getting spells, or psychic, or manifestation 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 06:55:32 PM by Mina »

Offline sai07

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2024, 01:04:46 PM »
Hi Mina, so glad you’ve come so far. I am also faith based (not the best but practicing), I have been leaning on faith more as I wean myself off psychics as well.

Wanted to ask for clarification, when you say you’ve moved on, moved on from wanting reconciliation and a future with your POI or moved on from psychics? I know if I moved on from my POI my psychic journey would come to an end. But I am holding on - don’t know why.

Offline Mina

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2024, 12:50:41 AM »
I meant in the context of …welp:
I can move on to next moment

And I forget this might sound like foreign vague mindfulness description like “happiness” or “how does one attain happiness?”

But for me it means I can just drop all my worries: if I will or won’t get back with my ex, worry if I can or can’t stop calling psychics, worry if I do or don’t love them, stop looking for ways to get them back, or chase them, worrying about how the future will turn out… I can just focus on the present moment at hand (and to my surprise fully!)

But yes I am finding my attachment to my ex is less. I’m not scared if I do get fully over them, or don’t. It’s not a burden I carry alone.

For example so many times I would go to work thinking about my ex, or planning how after work who could I call as my psychic, and will they be online? But instead I’m finding that when I’m at work, I feel present and happy, I can fully be in the moment and my thoughts in the back burner are not in the front. They’re truly in the back.

I can just “move on”
That’s what praying the rosary, focusing on the cross, and lent has brought to me. Don’t get me wrong I started very raw and distraught but I just feel so even keel

Offline sai07

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2024, 08:08:51 AM »
So happy for you Mina :)

Offline Mina

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2024, 10:43:37 PM »
Alright …

I’m feeling uneasy… because while i have been on tight cash basis, it's time to open myself to more responsibility. So for few months I am going to be in remote location for my summer seasonal job. My closet home bank will be a couple of hundred miles away, and the idea of sleeping with more than $25 in my bank account to prevent binging… well, I feel anxious!

But it’s time…
I will still be hitting up an ATM …it just now comes with fees and bigger consequences if I do give into binge calls outside my planned budget.

I am happy to report while I was not prefect with no psychic readings I have been budgeting, I got money saved up, plus bills paid, hotels booked (plural!) and paid, plus ANOTHER direct deposit coming in when I get there… and for the first time in long time, I ain’t going to be starving while I wait to be paid for this job! I’m so proud I finally stuck to budget and met my goals!

And …I’m actually a little scared getting my s*** together! 😅

Because past me is known to spend $300 with a psychic that charges $25 per minute … all for a less then 15 min call, and I just don’t want to take away with what I worked so hard to get to.

Offline sai07

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2024, 06:58:20 PM »
Woot woot! Good job Mina :)

So proud of you. I wish I had some wisdom to impart but all I can say is - trust yourself, trust God and trust you will be ok. Try not to binge and hurt yourself more. I know this is a weaning process - I have also been weaning and am down to one advisor and I’m trying not to contact her often - but try not to binge bc then it’s a downward spiral. Good luck!!