Author Topic: I'm Not CALLING! Psychic Hiatus  (Read 5036 times)

PsychicWhore

I'm Not CALLING! Psychic Hiatus
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:46:56 PM »
This thread is to offer support to those who have decided for whatever reason(s) to take a break, time-off, or a permanent hiatus from psychic readings. Please don't hesitate to detail what led you to your current decision.

If you have gone some time w/o calling a psychic (3mts or more)please share how this has affected you and the challenges (if any) that you are facing.

Thank you

PsychicWhore

Re: I'm Not CALLING! Psychic Hiatus
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
My last psychic reading was yesterday (May 29 2012), I have had many readings within the last month and of course many predictions, I want to relieve myself of the euphoric feeling of a positive reading and spare myself the Anxiety that comes with a negative reading. I also want to rid myself of the "Prediction Addiction"

I was giving a brain and intuition, and I want to depend on and consult my own intuitive thoughts, and not rely upon those of a psychic.

I am better than running to a psychic for answers, and I wasn't blessed with a great job to throw 1000s away on unfulfilled predictions.

So here I am...Day 1..209 more days to go..We all have to start somewhere ;)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:11:15 PM by PsychicWhore »

Offline 4everhopeful

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »
I have gone at least 4 months without calling. The continued disappointment of not seeing things manifest led to my decision to break the habit. I was told repeatedly, no matter what things looked like or how long without contact from the ex, that he would return and that they picked up on his feelings of love that he harbored and how much he thought of me. The old story of how he was fearful of relationships and his old heartbreak kept him from being with me. Hmmmm, so why is he with someone now for almost two years? Doesnt seem very fearful to me, lol. Also the stories of someone new coming in with descriptions. For instance, was supposed to meet someone in law enforcement, nope. Then there was the businessman that was very well off, nope. Then the man that would be connected to the medical field, nope. Never met any of these men even though I was out and about and had plenty of opportunity to meet someone. When I would ask if there was anything that I should be doing concerning the man I ask about the answer was always no. I was told to just go and live my life and things would happen when the time was right. I was given timeline after timeline that always came and went which caused more disappointment and tears and yet another psychic reading to see what went wrong or why it was delayed. Of course there was always a good reason, lmao. And I would be told yet again to be patient. OMG, how foolish do I feel for spending thousands of dollars to hear that fairytale and hold onto false hope. And especially when I would tell them upfront that I only wanted the truth and if they didnt see he and I together in the future to just say so. There were plenty of other things I would have consulted them about if I had just gotten the truth and seen anything manifest like they said.
I wont lie and say that I never think about him anymore, because I do. Sometime you love someone unconditionally and that never goes away,no matter what. But I dont obsess about it anymore and I think its because I finally decided to take control of my life again and not spend so much time researching new psychics that would turn out to be just as bad as the others. I tried so many that were suggested at this forum, such as Ellen Hartwell. She was very popular for a while and had great reviews here so I scheduled an appointment. She was wonderful to talk to and gave me a positive reading. Guess what? Nothing happened that she said would happen. Just like all the rest. I did have small things happen but mostly only things in the present except for one readings concerning my son. But of course the lady that gave me that prediction is no longer available. And the prediction for me from her did not happen. So I got tired of trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, I got tired of all the "positive" thinking, because that turned out to be living in a fantasy world. I should have seen the truth for the truth long ago and accepted that if he loved me he would not have walked away.
Ive just found it easier to put all the heartache behind me without the false hopes that psychics provide.

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:15:03 PM »
My last psychic reading was yesterday (May 29 2012), I have had many readings within the last month and of course many predictions, I want to relieve myself of the euphoric feeling of a positive reading and spare myself the Anxiety that comes with a negative reading. I also want to rid myself of the "Prediction Addiction"

I was giving a brain and intuition, and I want to depend on and consult my own intuitive thoughts, and not rely upon those of a psychic.

I am better than running to a psychic for answers, and I wasn't blessed with a great job to throw 1000s away on unfulfilled predictions.

YAY! PsychicWhore, I am happy that you are taking the steps necessary to take control of your life.  I love reading post like this, you are inspiring and challenging all of us to take your lead.  We all have intuition and the ability to let go, your post gives us all the boost that we need to take back our power. 

KTH
So here I am...Day 1..209 more days to go..We all have to start somewhere ;)

PsychicWhore

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:20:43 PM »
Yeepie!!! Psyche...I wish you the Best..Stay strong WE can do it!!! :-*

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 09:32:27 PM »
My last call was just after Labor Day. I had started to see my current bf a couple of weeks earlier and was pretty scared about it. I was also pretty scared that my ex would try to come back (and at least one psychic told me that he'd get wind of my new r/s and do so - but they were wrong).

I can honestly say I have no clue how I survived financially, except that some of my bills were a bit cheaper and I was also on some state aid which helped a lot. Plus when I was really depressed I wasn't eating much - can we say pringles and soda to the tune of 14 lbs lost in one month (ok I wish that would happen again!)

There is a piece of me that is annoyed it took a new man to make me break away but truth be told, I was already weaning myself off. It seemed like at times I was almost forcing myself to still feel miserable about what happened between us, because if I wasn't I felt like I didn't care about him as much - if that makes any sense.

Yes I do miss him, even as a friend, because when he was not going crazy on me, he was wonderful. Problem is, crazy was just way too much a part of life. Now that I have someone who is emotionally stable, I can see what things should have been.

When I tried to close my CP account and had a hard time getting my funds back (I couldn't get them back at all), they told me they'd add something like $50 to my account in addition to the $21.50 that was there and I could have a reading to use up the funds. I was pissed they offered this - seriously I am closing my account because NOTHING has come true and you want me to have another reading? So I thought about it and ALMOST did a reading on one of my cats who was abused before I got her (I'm her 3rd owner). She is bottom of the totem pole and the others beat up on her. And then I thought gee - nothing of substance has come true about my life, why would I believe someone on CP about my cat? I'd be better off spending $50 on a real animal communicator if I was going to go that route.

I actually had readings in the past where I'd be listening to the psychic tell me what was going to happen and it was SOOOO off base that I'd just sit there and think it was humorous - till I realized what I was spending wasn't funny at all!!!

I do believe some people are gifted, but I really only wanted to know two things - why he left and was he coming back. I didn't get the answers to either and I'm sure I spent 5 figures trying to do so - which I am now painfully trying to pay off. Very very glad to see that card balance go down every month now!

Offline Luckystar

• Veterans
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
Last year i went at least a few months without calling any psychics.... I took a break from this forum from september of last year to march of this year. In 2010 i was calling psychics at least once or twice a week. I read with (and still read with) some locals, but most of them were from California Psychics who i highly suggest NOT getting a reading from if you have not yet done so. I read with so many of them and only one or two were accurate with how things actually happened. I think it is ridiculous that they can charge $10 a minute for a psychic and still claim readings are "for entertainment purposes only".....REALLY????? Who would pay that much money for just "entertainment." If it is entertainment we want we will go see a funny movie or a comedian.....they know this yet they still take advantage of vulnerable people. Anyways, that period of time where i did not get a reading gave me alot of time to do other things and actually save some money. It also gave me time to realize that so many of them were just wrong. Hear my advice for anyone who is thinking about getting an account or who is new to this forum, ***SAVE YOUR MONEY***
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:09:53 PM by CSK »

PsychicWhore

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 10:19:18 PM »
Sun&Moon

YEEZIERS its almost a year for you  :)  Congratulations.

I'm in the 5-fiquires club also, and thats a hard pill to swallow :'( :'(.

Thank you for sharing your story, Don't forget to update us on your Anniversary it'll be here shortly.

Do you have any urges to call? if so what do you do to stop from calling?

Also, since its been so long I know you've probably had situations that would usually warrant a psychic call? how do you handle these situations. How Do you think the absence of readers affected this situation?

Again that you for sharing, very motivational.. :)

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 12:21:27 AM »
PW, I was calling because I was so desperate to discover why this man who had been attached to my hip 24/7 suddenly left me, when in MY mind things were smoothing out and I was feeling more secure about life in general. Once I started dating this new guy, I didn't need to ask questions from strangers anymore because he will tell me anything I want to know. :)  I know exactly how he feels about me and even if he doesn't say it I can feel it in his voice and see it in his eyes. One thing I have earned through this whole mess is how to never take anyone for granted again! Granted I was in a bad place due to divorce etc but my ex needed a lot of hand holding and I never gave him all he needed - and honestly his needs constantly changed so I was really fighting a losing battle!

In the beginning of the new r/s I did at times have the urge to call but I thought ok, they were not really right about my ex so why would I believe them about this guy? How can I be dependent on someone else to tell me how to act with him? I've been married twice, had a few other r/s, I've learned a lot - if I can't apply that I've got deeper issues! Plus there was the money thing, I am really so embarrassed at what I've spent. :(  Then my new guy saw my tarot cards and said his ex was really into them and he was a little freaked out about them and he told me he doesn't believe in psychics at all. He knows how high my cc was but he doesn't know exactly why and at this point unless he asks me specifically I'm not telling him. I'm mortified over how I allowed this to control me, because I really am a strong person who has never dealt with any addiction before (except chocolate :) )

I guess it's kind of like when you reach a certain weight and think OMG this has to STOP!!! It's not healthy. And I got to that point. Being in the r/s helped a lot too as it kept me occupied.

And yes WT, validation. My greatest wish was for my ex to come back and be us again. Having someone tell me it would be so was worth everything to me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:31:31 AM by sunandmoon »

Offline 4everhopeful

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 03:38:49 AM »
All I can say say is "NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. Go on with your life and make your own decisions. The psychics are psycho. Follow your heart, it wont steer you wrong. Thats all I have to say. Proving that to myself tonite. No further comment, Im just through with psychics.  They're just wrong and thats it. Im done.

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »

Also, since its been so long I know you've probably had situations that would usually warrant a psychic call? how do you handle these situations. How Do you think the absence of readers affected this situation?

I forgot to answer this...... I really only called due to my ex and things I'd hear about him or things I was interpreting in his interactions with me. A couple of times I called about work issues - and THAT was because I was such a mess due to my ex!

These days my biggest issues are money (of course) and I can tolerate bigger temperature swings than my bf does. I can't see calling a psychic and asking them how our r/s will be if I insist on not using AC until the house gets to the mid-80's. :)

PsychicWhore

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 06:05:12 PM »

4ever, pSychics are psychos? ROTFLMAO