Author Topic: Turning Point to Stop Readings  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Chocolate

Turning Point to Stop Readings
« on: December 20, 2023, 06:34:45 PM »
Hi all. I’m ashamed to say that I haven’t managed to give up readings. In fact I’ve had quite a few recently. Some of the readers were quite good and did help me. The problem is that I can’t just have one reading every now and then.

I recently had a reading on a UK site. The reader made a prediction and then changed it when she learnt more about my situation. I also felt that she was a bit rude to me. I’m hoping this will be a turning point in which I start using my intuition more and deal with things better.

What was the turning point for those of you that have successfully given up readings for some time? Falling off the wagon, for a short time, and then getting back on it doesn’t count 😊

Offline Chocolate

Re: Turning Point to Stop Readings
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 06:36:24 PM »
I mean that would still count as giving up readings, at least by my standards 😊

Offline Mina

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 09:27:36 PM »
Thank you for sharing!

I just can’t have one reading…
Even if good news and with someone of a “high” reputation I feel like “I’m the exception”
And with readers who are negative… I feel I have to prove them wrong… and I have too, numerous times

That’s the first reminder, but first to go too: I just can’t have one reading. Then comes hooking myself to another date, another possible maybe date. That day is usually on high alert and leads to more calling, even though I try to wait it out, I try not to interfere, but it seems to pass and I am disappointed again.

But for now what’s keeping from calling is that I have to do annoying gig work, and dealing with just awful ppl, while I smile… all because I just want to catch up on 3 late credit card bills and raise that credit score back up, because my future jobs depend on it!

I even had extra cash just now and instead I paid part of a credit card bill early… ugh I was shaking to even pay it, shaking to even get ahead, shaking to do right by me… even if it doesn’t feel good instantly emotionally. Finding some integrity back into me.

But I also believe even if it doesn’t seem I’m being seen, or feel ignored, my actions are futile, I also absolutely know that is not true. I know my family sees me struggle with this heartache and the why I call, and I am lucky to have that support. I think of times when I don’t think anyone sees do these secret righteous acts and to my surprise someone does. And that’s kind of my affirmations “even if it doesn’t feel like it I am seen! I am just as worthy! I am just as precious! I choose do right by me.”

I really truly hope this is my turning point

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 10:27:46 PM »
It sounds like you are on the right path to beating this addiction and of course you are worthy! I hope it won’t be long before you can pay off your debts.

The feelings that trigger the addiction are only temporary and will pass (or so I tell myself).

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 01:31:15 AM »
Hi all. I’m ashamed to say that I haven’t managed to give up readings. In fact I’ve had quite a few recently. Some of the readers were quite good and did help me. The problem is that I can’t just have one reading every now and then.

I recently had a reading on a UK site. The reader made a prediction and then changed it when she learnt more about my situation. I also felt that she was a bit rude to me. I’m hoping this will be a turning point in which I start using my intuition more and deal with things better.

What was the turning point for those of you that have successfully given up readings for some time? Falling off the wagon, for a short time, and then getting back on it doesn’t count 😊

I’m 12 months reading free so I think I can answer. For me I had two turning points, one was my cousin who made me realise what am I doing going to all these psychics and two was just a really bad reading which cost £8 and was absolutely useless. Also all the readings I was having weren’t coming true. So I had a few turning points.

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 06:03:25 PM »
That’s fantastic that you have gone a year without readings. Has it been good to feel more in control of your money? I feel I need to spend a lot less  :-\

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 06:15:16 PM »
That’s fantastic that you have gone a year without readings. Has it been good to feel more in control of your money? I feel I need to spend a lot less  :-\

It feels like such an amazing achievement. Money wise I had been going to a reader who cost around £4 per question so not too expensive. Obviously that was a step down from the psychic lines and binges so yes, I love looking at my phone bill now and feeling proud of myself. That’s why I keep banging on about it lol. It feels amazing that I made decisions on my own this year. And I will continue to do so in the future. I have had some really low moments with a lot of indecision but I do think I have slightly improved on my decision making skills. My distress tolerance has improved as I no longer need a reading to pick me up. I am hoping to treat myself to a collete baron Reid shamanic deck. I LOVE the messages on it and cleverly it’s not available online anymore but I digress. The feeling of not being addicted is AMAZING.

Offline Mina

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 04:18:42 AM »

It feels like such an amazing achievement. Money wise I had been going to a reader who cost around £4 per question so not too expensive. Obviously that was a step down from the psychic lines and binges so yes, I love looking at my phone bill now and feeling proud of myself. That’s why I keep banging on about it lol. It feels amazing that I made decisions on my own this year. And I will continue to do so in the future. I have had some really low moments with a lot of indecision but I do think I have slightly improved on my decision making skills. My distress tolerance has improved as I no longer need a reading to pick me up. I am hoping to treat myself to a collete baron Reid shamanic deck. I LOVE the messages on it and cleverly it’s not available online anymore but I digress. The feeling of not being addicted is AMAZING.

You guys are so amazing 🤩 🥲

I did get a reading today and it was … awful! It was less than $10 (because they hung up on me! That utter C you Next Tuesday Hag!) … regardless, I made it point to stay absolutely busy even if I was utterly so pissed off. Even if it would hurt by staying busy.

After my reading, I then withdrew all my cash from the bank (after paying some more bills and yes it was pay day from another source of income, but I rewarded myself with fancy coffee … and later Costco hot dog, and cheap gas!) I realized today was going to be really painful, and I had a few moments were I was close to breaking again… I must have cried at least three times at how angry I was, but stuck to keeping busy with gig jobs (again not letting myself even look at internet sites like keen or bitwine… but when I did … yup trigger)… sooo… I then bought myself a weed pen instead! So thanks drugs 🥳

No… but seriously it at least helped me to take the edge off, and I’m aware I shouldn’t replace one drug for another, and this will definitely be another challenge later. But it kept me busy and entertained while I window shopped on the look out for family and friends gifts ideas. It also didn’t let me lie down or check my phone. I then kept busy by going back to gig work, while listening to few relationship coach videos, and manifesting, but mostly just listening music today … I feel like my brain can’t handle too much more “self help” content… (like too much of it doesn’t feel good either) and I found a playlist of Korean mythical fairytales … so that was entertaining

And nowww I’m actually sooooo surprised at how much of in a good mood I am in. I even made a good hustle of change while working. I paid bills, still have a full tank of gas despite all the driving I did!

I’m feeling strong enough to even see myself not to reach out to my ex for Christmas (instead of planning for it, and how to do it, the best plan is not to… but I know I need to find ways to be busy that day when everything will be closed) I even so feel proud I got tru my anger today, it really did shift … but I’m. Aware it’s is literally minute by minute process

Offline Army

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 04:50:56 AM »

You guys are so amazing 🤩 🥲

I did get a reading today and it was … awful! It was less than $10 (because they hung up on me! That utter C you Next Tuesday Hag!) … regardless, I made it point to stay absolutely busy even if I was utterly so pissed off. Even if it would hurt by staying busy.

After my reading, I then withdrew all my cash from the bank (after paying some more bills and yes it was pay day from another source of income, but I rewarded myself with fancy coffee … and later Costco hot dog, and cheap gas!) I realized today was going to be really painful, and I had a few moments were I was close to breaking again… I must have cried at least three times at how angry I was, but stuck to keeping busy with gig jobs (again not letting myself even look at internet sites like keen or bitwine… but when I did … yup trigger)… sooo… I then bought myself a weed pen instead! So thanks drugs 🥳

No… but seriously it at least helped me to take the edge off, and I’m aware I shouldn’t replace one drug for another, and this will definitely be another challenge later. But it kept me busy and entertained while I window shopped on the look out for family and friends gifts ideas. It also didn’t let me lie down or check my phone. I then kept busy by going back to gig work, while listening to few relationship coach videos, and manifesting, but mostly just listening music today … I feel like my brain can’t handle too much more “self help” content… (like too much of it doesn’t feel good either) and I found a playlist of Korean mythical fairytales … so that was entertaining

And nowww I’m actually sooooo surprised at how much of in a good mood I am in. I even made a good hustle of change while working. I paid bills, still have a full tank of gas despite all the driving I did!

I’m feeling strong enough to even see myself not to reach out to my ex for Christmas (instead of planning for it, and how to do it, the best plan is not to… but I know I need to find ways to be busy that day when everything will be closed) I even so feel proud I got tru my anger today, it really did shift … but I’m. Aware it’s is literally minute by minute process

You know @Mina it’s funny how you mentioned your in a good mood because the last few weeks I have noticed a change in myself too.. I am in a really good mood myself and I am surprised and realised I took a sharp turn I am now happy.. it’s been such a long time.. whatever darkness that was in my soul is just magically disappeared..

I guess we need to go through that go grow and understand what we really want in life

Offline Mattsmom

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2023, 06:34:11 AM »

I think for me, it was a number of things:

1) Biological correction of my brain chemistry from dopaminergic to serotonergic (done over many years through diet, supplements, and massive self-care efforts)

2) Gradual weaning and not treating getting a reading as an absolute failure

3) Continuing to be patient and reap the genuine rewards out of life (more money in my bank account, more security, less fear as time goes on).

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2023, 12:00:39 AM »

1) Biological correction of my brain chemistry from dopaminergic to serotonergic (done over many years through diet, supplements, and massive self-care efforts)

3) Continuing to be patient and reap the genuine rewards out of life (more money in my bank account, more security, less fear as time goes on).

Can you talk more about 1

Offline Mattsmom

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 03:43:30 AM »

Can you talk more about 1

Look on many of the pages on PS - not necessarily the psychics' bio pages, but all the self-help info they give.  The podcasts, the articles, you name it.  Not just PS but other sites too....but PS IMHO happens to be the site with the most concentrated and helpful information.

Follow that advice to a T, of what works for you.  Take what works, and leave the rest that doesn't work for you.

The information is all there and most importantly it is FREE.  All it takes is a determined mind and the will to get you there.

Happy New Year and good luck
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 03:45:08 AM by Mattsmom »

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2024, 07:29:59 AM »
I have been weaning myself off readings. A few months ago I had a reading with a psychic/medium who got things right about my situation and her prediction actually came true. I thought I’d finally found a good one and I’d only have readings with this psychic once a month for a treat.

I had another reading with this psychic recently. Again, everything about my situation was correct and she got a message from a family member who had passed that made sense. The prediction, though, didn’t come true.

I think that’s my wake up call to use my own judgement and gut feelings.

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2024, 04:49:02 PM »
I have been weaning myself off readings. A few months ago I had a reading with a psychic/medium who got things right about my situation and her prediction actually came true. I thought I’d finally found a good one and I’d only have readings with this psychic once a month for a treat.

I had another reading with this psychic recently. Again, everything about my situation was correct and she got a message from a family member who had passed that made sense. The prediction, though, didn’t come true.

I think that’s my wake up call to use my own judgement and gut feelings.

I gave in, had a reading, hate it.

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2024, 07:51:33 AM »
You  can get back to having no readings though 😊

anything