Author Topic: Been wanting a reading  (Read 566 times)

Offline Notacrystalfreak

Been wanting a reading
« on: December 14, 2023, 09:04:55 PM »
I’ve had the urges to get readings the past few days. Now that I’ve been a year free i have some resistance, whereas before my logical mind would not even have a chance to talk me out of it. Now I ask:
Are they going to be accurate?
What is it that I want to know?
In what way are they going to help?
How have they helped in the past?
If I’m not satisfied will I go for more, will £3 turn in to £10, or £20?

In the end I decided to make a change in my life instead of going for a reading. I decided that I really want a job and spent a few hours applying for some.

That’s definitely a win today. It just taught me how strong this addiction really is.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 10:41:34 AM by Notacrystalfreak »

Offline regrets

Re: Been wanting a reading
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 09:23:42 AM »
Yes I agree it's hard to overcome.  I know the vast majority are useless and it's throwing money away but there are times I still want to speak to them.  For me, it's when I'm anxious and overwhelmed and I need that comforting hug and be told I'll be OK. I'm going through something life changing with little support so I'm aware the need to call is there but I remind myself how many were accurate? That stops me calling. It's tricky isn't it.  Post on here every time you feel the compulsion to call.

Offline Notacrystalfreak

Re: Been wanting a reading
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 11:41:46 AM »
Yes I agree it's hard to overcome.  I know the vast majority are useless and it's throwing money away but there are times I still want to speak to them.  For me, it's when I'm anxious and overwhelmed and I need that comforting hug and be told I'll be OK. I'm going through something life changing with little support so I'm aware the need to call is there but I remind myself how many were accurate? That stops me calling. It's tricky isn't it.  Post on here every time you feel the compulsion to call.

Thx. My goal for 2024 is to read self help books so hopefully I’m mentally in a better place. And once I get my degree it’ll help with jobs too,

anything