Author Topic: Looking to get therapy, any suggestions?  (Read 755 times)

Offline Notacrystalfreak

Looking to get therapy, any suggestions?
« on: December 09, 2023, 12:19:52 PM »
A few things get my mental health down, one of the biggest ones is past regrets. “If only I did X my life would be so much different” and I keep beating myself up

Another is past traumas, the way I’ve acted, things people are thinking about me etc.

I feel as though gratitude helps temporarily if that but I can’t shake the belief of “things would have been better if…”

I can’t get hypnotherapy because I’ve had psychosis. So someone suggested to get “nlp”.

Sometimes I talk things out but that doesn’t shake the belief either. I’ve been to therapists who have tried to diagnose me with depression or ptsd but I don’t qualify for either so they wouldn’t help me.

Lately I’ve been having suicide ideation. I’ve had this for years.

Whenever I think back to my trauma I think mentally in my head “angels please help me” to try and distract myself.

Has anyone had NLP here?

My goal for 2024 is to sort out my mental health so these things stop affecting me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 12:23:19 PM by Notacrystalfreak »

Offline Mina

Re: Looking to get therapy, any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 06:08:58 PM »

I think flat out if you have suicide idealization to definitely call/text the suicide hotline (I think you’re outside the USA?) Regardless yes for a while I was texting the hotline for a while last year, so there can be progress, there is hope. And last week when I had panic attack I was texting them… wow I can’t believe I did make a lot of progress last year because yes I was texting everyday for three weeks straight then once a week then once month and stopped around April

But please do not neglect this, know there is hope, if you can please continue with therapy.

NLP is great tool it helps you FOCUS on language and RAS. RAS, the reticular activating system is the ability to read this blog while not entirely ignoring the noise outside of you, it just turns the volume down, until someone says the of name your POI. RAS also creates the ability to fill the “filler” perceptions outside of us. It’s very complicated system because it’s also about the neural-pathways and the brains ability to process synapses response to a problems and emotion.

Take this example if you walk thru a field of grass and make your own pathway, it won’t be easy the first time, but if other ppl walk that path over time, that same groove starts to become a clear pathway. That’s what remuneration does with regret.

But not everyone who specializes NLP is certified with cognitive type of therapy credentials or skills. I’m in the USA so I’m not familiar with other countries. But I think the two are still important and can see why ppl can get away with just NLP and not call it “therapy” but it can also be scary

Sooo I have worked with a hypnotist who used a lot of NLP it did not get me to quit psychic readings directly or fully, in hindsight i think if i did cognitive it would have fully cemented… but I’m here now am learning to be happy and healing the best i can

NLP has helped me come into a type of an acceptance practice

I mentioned in another post about pattern interrupters when one has intrusive thoughts. This is definitely a NLP tool. And basically they have a lot of imaginary visuals (that incorporate the senses, and the more emotional the more it seeps into the subconscious to set a new program belief) to help you stay focused on the desired state of mind being versus staying in remuneration and lack. These are some methods I’ve done

Swish Method or Swoosh
Erasing method/painting white
Pattern Interrupter
Mapping
Submodality

And it’s weird the more I pick up NLP the more I pick up ppl’s language (well duh it’s in its title) and catch ppl sense of beliefs of themselves thru language

I noticed these phrases are powerful ways to manifest or use as affirmations BUT also go with NLP awareness because the language evoke a powerful emotion with the senses:

“I am the type of person who (insert intention” : i’m the type of person who gets what they want, i’m the type of person that gets apologies, I’m the type of person who succeeds, I’m the type of person who is adored, I’m the type of person who feels magnetic”)

“I can see” : (this confirms the current FOCUS BUT ALSO Future focus or past focus: yes I can see “John Doe” saying that, I can see my mom being nice to me, yes I’m going on vacation soon so I can see myself in the Bahamas away from this dreary weather, I can see myself sipping that piña colada) by adding the word yes it puts in references into ALLOWANCE

So with what you typed, and hopefully I can gentle here, i will pose it as question so it is not fact, but allow the existence of it as possibility:

If I didn’t have this regret who I who would I be? Or what type of person who would I be if I didn’t not have this regret? (And for second the body starts to creates the sensation of relief… it may not have pictures, visuals, sounds, feelings… but with practice it starts to engage the senses) but if your mind says no, it absolutely rejects that idea and hates it… then it’s about finding ways to be more gentle with yourself, talk about your beliefs why you believe those set of values

If I had peace about this regret what type of person would I be? How could I could walk? (And so slowly you start to imagine the senses incorporated- for me I get lighter feeling in chest and even the sensation of proud, without even realizing I am smiling too)

This is what NLP does… and you turn those moment seconds, into minutes, hours and longer states of being

What my NLP person would do is she would hypnotize me once we talked a little bit.

We’d set an image on one of my hands the negative belief/memory of regret. On the opposite hand we would set the positive beliefs/memory assumption/sensation I could have. Then slowly merge these two images from my hands together and into my chest and accept both here in the now. That’s basically how she would use NLP and hypnotizing trance

Here are some links I like

https://youtu.be/DhB9fE-TQow?si=fvNZxVptoHZ3GqQa

https://youtu.be/z_J-sQjVneE?si=uZm1K12LBFI4-D_C

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 07:18:18 PM »
Please make an appointment to see your GP and tell the receptionist it is urgent. If you need someone to speak to before then you can call the Samaritans or SANEline. Hope you will be OK

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 08:37:13 PM »
Hi before I read your posts I should have said, I would never ever act on these thoughts. I’ve told my psychiatrist pretty much every time we’ve met and they don’t do anything because they ask me if I’ve made any plans and the answer is always NO.

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 08:59:26 PM »

I think flat out if you have suicide idealization to definitely call/text the suicide hotline (I think you’re outside the USA?) Regardless yes for a while I was texting the hotline for a while last year, so there can be progress, there is hope. And last week when I had panic attack I was texting them… wow I can’t believe I did make a lot of progress last year because yes I was texting everyday for three weeks straight then once a week then once month and stopped around April

But please do not neglect this, know there is hope, if you can please continue with therapy.

NLP is great tool it helps you FOCUS on language and RAS. RAS, the reticular activating system is the ability to read this blog while not entirely ignoring the noise outside of you, it just turns the volume down, until someone says the of name your POI. RAS also creates the ability to fill the “filler” perceptions outside of us. It’s very complicated system because it’s also about the neural-pathways and the brains ability to process synapses response to a problems and emotion.

Take this example if you walk thru a field of grass and make your own pathway, it won’t be easy the first time, but if other ppl walk that path over time, that same groove starts to become a clear pathway. That’s what remuneration does with regret.

But not everyone who specializes NLP is certified with cognitive type of therapy credentials or skills. I’m in the USA so I’m not familiar with other countries. But I think the two are still important and can see why ppl can get away with just NLP and not call it “therapy” but it can also be scary

Sooo I have worked with a hypnotist who used a lot of NLP it did not get me to quit psychic readings directly or fully, in hindsight i think if i did cognitive it would have fully cemented… but I’m here now am learning to be happy and healing the best i can

NLP has helped me come into a type of an acceptance practice

I mentioned in another post about pattern interrupters when one has intrusive thoughts. This is definitely a NLP tool. And basically they have a lot of imaginary visuals (that incorporate the senses, and the more emotional the more it seeps into the subconscious to set a new program belief) to help you stay focused on the desired state of mind being versus staying in remuneration and lack. These are some methods I’ve done

Swish Method or Swoosh
Erasing method/painting white
Pattern Interrupter
Mapping
Submodality

And it’s weird the more I pick up NLP the more I pick up ppl’s language (well duh it’s in its title) and catch ppl sense of beliefs of themselves thru language

I noticed these phrases are powerful ways to manifest or use as affirmations BUT also go with NLP awareness because the language evoke a powerful emotion with the senses:

“I am the type of person who (insert intention” : i’m the type of person who gets what they want, i’m the type of person that gets apologies, I’m the type of person who succeeds, I’m the type of person who is adored, I’m the type of person who feels magnetic”)

“I can see” : (this confirms the current FOCUS BUT ALSO Future focus or past focus: yes I can see “John Doe” saying that, I can see my mom being nice to me, yes I’m going on vacation soon so I can see myself in the Bahamas away from this dreary weather, I can see myself sipping that piña colada) by adding the word yes it puts in references into ALLOWANCE

So with what you typed, and hopefully I can gentle here, i will pose it as question so it is not fact, but allow the existence of it as possibility:

If I didn’t have this regret who I who would I be? Or what type of person who would I be if I didn’t not have this regret? (And for second the body starts to creates the sensation of relief… it may not have pictures, visuals, sounds, feelings… but with practice it starts to engage the senses) but if your mind says no, it absolutely rejects that idea and hates it… then it’s about finding ways to be more gentle with yourself, talk about your beliefs why you believe those set of values

If I had peace about this regret what type of person would I be? How could I could walk? (And so slowly you start to imagine the senses incorporated- for me I get lighter feeling in chest and even the sensation of proud, without even realizing I am smiling too)

This is what NLP does… and you turn those moment seconds, into minutes, hours and longer states of being

What my NLP person would do is she would hypnotize me once we talked a little bit.

We’d set an image on one of my hands the negative belief/memory of regret. On the opposite hand we would set the positive beliefs/memory assumption/sensation I could have. Then slowly merge these two images from my hands together and into my chest and accept both here in the now. That’s basically how she would use NLP and hypnotizing trance

Here are some links I like

https://youtu.be/DhB9fE-TQow?si=fvNZxVptoHZ3GqQa

https://youtu.be/z_J-sQjVneE?si=uZm1K12LBFI4-D_C

Thank you for your response. The only reservation I have is the cost. Which I shouldn’t hold back really. I get a lot of money for my mental health and rarely spend it. But at the same time I don’t want to over spend for something I could help myself with. One session is £70/$140. So I don’t know

Offline Mina

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023, 11:46:52 PM »
It’s actually a lot more than that

I was looking physical ppl in my area and it’s between $300-$600 to see a hypnotist in my area with NLP background (most hypnotist do have this background and knowledge)

There’s therapy and then there’s good therapy and it def makes a huge difference here in the US

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 12:24:33 PM »
It’s actually a lot more than that

I was looking physical ppl in my area and it’s between $300-$600 to see a hypnotist in my area with NLP background (most hypnotist do have this background and knowledge)

There’s therapy and then there’s good therapy and it def makes a huge difference here in the US

Each session? Wow. See I don’t feel like it’s worth that much I can’t bring myself to do it.

Offline Mina

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2023, 04:12:52 PM »
Yes… and thats ok, it is a lot of money. I said these number to be prepared, but when you have enough evidence if this is the right modality then there will be less resistance.

And that’s anything new I do or for common person. Until your brain has enough evidence and emotional evidence then you’re likely to stick with it.

Understand that resistance or hesitation to fully commit into a new pattern like a health journey is not met with full acceptance.

For me, I had huge light bulb, when my boss asked why I was quitting and I said “well, I had been there for 11 months and no one wanted to change the new patterns I set out” and she said “yes resistance is expected”, and I realized how true that was for everything I had been doing. Therapy, relationship, that that resistance doesn’t mean anything is wrong or broken but that hesitant is ok to be here.

Anywho this is just as much of reminder for me too.
Also that good therapy when effective does feel worth it

I hope you find relief in what you’re looking for