Author Topic: Psychic Addiction Support  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Chocolate

Psychic Addiction Support
« on: July 01, 2023, 08:18:04 AM »
Hi all. I thought I’d start a thread for those trying to kick the psychic reading habit. I haven’t had a reading for 9 days. If I feel down, anxious, overwhelmed or unworthy something clicks in my mind and I think about having a phone reading.

How is it going for you?

Offline Mina

Re: Psychic Addiction Support
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 04:21:42 PM »
Congratulations… mine I admit is less, and yes I am feeling all those feels but it’s really important that this time I too sober up!

It’s the first of the month and it’s important to me that I give myself all the support today! But also I want to extend my support to those in this choice. Keep going chocolate!

For me, i keep reminding myself, It is first of the month (close to full moon energy) and I do believe how I spend today will dictate how I will spend the rest of the month … and well… I ask myself if I want to be here come Christmas? Could it be easier if process those difficult feelings now or later? Don’t know if I try today.

Sooooo… If there’s one day I would like to “fake it, til I make it” it’s today! And not give into sadsies energy it’s today!

A tool that helps me shift from anxiety is switching the word “anxiety” to “excited”. (Even just for moment or mantra)
I am excited to work on self care!
I am excited things that thing are turning around for me for the better!
Try it
Write what you’re anxious about, Then change those sentences into what you’re excited instead instead… if you feel resistance another word I like to add is the word “could” … “could I be excited that things are turning around?” It moves into a state of curiosity and no force (or whatever Sedona crap I wasted my life on… 😆)

Another thing that helps shift anxiety energy: gratitude and appreciation
For me 3 things I am grateful for or appreciate!
1. My iced coffee with hazelnut creamer!
2. This thread! Thank you for sharing and reminding me why this is important!
3. My morning shower!
4. My day off from one of my jobs!

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 11:48:12 AM »
Hi Mina. Thanks for your reply.

It took me a while to adjust to all the feelings that the addiction soothed. The first week of no readings was tough. I suppose it’s just like any other addiction.

It would be wonderful to be psychic readings free by Christmas!

Hang in there.

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 06:30:21 PM »

It took me a while to adjust to all the feelings that the addiction soothed. The first week of no readings was tough. I suppose it’s just like any other addiction.

Hang in there.

Hey how’s it going?

Offline Mina

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 07:48:36 PM »

Hang in there.

Hey how’s it going?

Ugh I admit I went in binge, and I feel gross
However, today I rather feel gross and anxious miserable and trust it is for good. Not for suffering sake. What will be will be. Whatever happens, happens for good. I didn’t get much sleep last night and I’m trying to take quick nap before work later. Go from there.

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2023, 09:39:26 AM »
Don’t beat yourself up about it. You are only human. Today is a new day and you can start fresh. I had to wean myself off the readings. Going cold turkey didn’t work for me.

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2023, 11:48:31 AM »
Anyone want to be buddies, talk to each other whenever we feel like getting a reading, feel free to message me

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2023, 11:50:14 AM »

Hang in there.

Hey how’s it going?

Ugh I admit I went in binge, and I feel gross
However, today I rather feel gross and anxious miserable and trust it is for good. Not for suffering sake. What will be will be. Whatever happens, happens for good. I didn’t get much sleep last night and I’m trying to take quick nap before work later. Go from there.

The fact that you feel gross is a positive step believe it or not. You know this habit isn’t healthy, and are on your way to becoming reading free. It will take time. Celebrate all your baby steps as that’s what will help you kick the habit.

Offline Dejatu

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2023, 03:38:47 PM »
I also went on a binge most recently and i feel so incredibly terrible about it.

Offline Mina

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2023, 04:19:45 PM »
I definitely had much better day yesterday and today seems “meh”.

I’m always willing to be buddies with ppl intending to be psychic free… however, anytime I’ve reached to these ppl it tends to bring each other down (even with the best intentions). I also Can have strong personality and I’ve met some strong personalities on here who also  bit scary. A lot times we can’t help but give hindsight psychological advice and it comes off condescending. And it’s gets ugly. I often then ask for some boundaries and not ask which advisor worked for whom, because then a lot ppl end up just going down another rabbit hole of advisors to different psychic line hoping.  A lot of emails I get then start “did this advisor work for you? Well what did that advisor say? Have you tried this psychic?” And many (and me too including) are then in this obsessive compulsive mindset.

Ppl in withdrawal and desperate are not the most pleasant. BUT there can be strength.

Also… no I don’t think I take enough responsibility and yes I should discern responsibility. So I am glad I felt gross… but I think the biggest difference lately is knowing that these feeling won’t last forever

Offline Army

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2023, 01:01:41 AM »

I’m always willing to be buddies with ppl intending to be psychic free… however, anytime I’ve reached to these ppl it tends to bring each other down (even with the best intentions). I also Can have strong personality and I’ve met some strong personalities on here who also  bit scary. A lot times we can’t help but give hindsight psychological advice and it comes off condescending. And it’s gets ugly. I often then ask for some boundaries and not ask which advisor worked for whom, because then a lot ppl end up just going down another rabbit hole of advisors to different psychic line hoping.  A lot of emails I get then start “did this advisor work for you? Well what did that advisor say? Have you tried this psychic?” And many (and me too including) are then in this obsessive compulsive mindset.

Ppl in withdrawal and desperate are not the most pleasant. BUT there can be strength.

Also… no I don’t think I take enough responsibility and yes I should discern responsibility. So I am glad I felt gross… but I think the biggest difference lately is knowing that these feeling won’t last forever

Oh @mina I love your post..
Your right, these feelings don’t last forever.. I myself have been recovering from this psychic mess thanks to true anxiety I suffered last two years..
I feel sick to my stomach on how much I spent..
My whole life savings gone..
I feel sick..
I no longer get readings on bitwine, Psychic source..
i am trying to get the courage to delete keen..
There are two advisors there that I still hold on to, but I don’t read with them often..
1 already might be proven wrong..

I am really trying to stop
I am trying to take up photography to bring a different perspective.. but when I look stated prices of photography equipment and courses.. all I can think of.. “I shouldn’t have spent so much money on  over the years”
Now I’m financially fucked.. going to spend the next 6weeks to build it up again.. I will try to quit smoking too.. let’s see how I go

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2023, 09:50:32 PM »

I feel like I am free (6 months) feel free to message me x

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2023, 05:30:46 AM »
Well done for being psychic free for 6 months. How does it feel? Give us some inspiration 😁

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2023, 03:28:42 PM »
Well done for being psychic free for 6 months. How does it feel? Give us some inspiration 😁

It honestly feels amazing, I have so much money saved up. I no longer question myself and beat myself up over decisions, I made a career decision and that’s amazing because it doesn’t matter if it’s “right” or not because I made it. I have had a lot of indecisiveness over the past couple of months over decisions but I can honestly say I’ve learnt techniques and my decision making is better.

I no longer feel attacked by certain psychics who’d say I need to work on this or that (angel readings). Life is honestly simple. I live with my family, and I study, i go running, and go the gym. I do have low moments, I still use online oracle cards (but I’m not like obsessed by them and I don’t use them to make decisions). But you’ve lived your whole life before you found psychics without them. During that time, did you really need a psychic? Or did you know in your heart what you wanted?

Even decisions now like with my degree which I tweaked I do find myself saying “I changed because I talked to a psychic” which sounds ridiculous right? But I take pride that in the end I did something she didn’t recommend.

My goal is to get to the end of the year. And I did get a reading in January but that’s not going to stop me reaching my goal.

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2023, 07:00:42 PM »
Really pleased for you. I’d love to be able to save some money.

anything