Author Topic: Scammed out of thousands of dollars - help  (Read 4696 times)

Offline starempress

Re: Scammed out of thousands of dollars - help
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2022, 10:22:36 PM »
I know a reader that pays the site to have reviews removed. Every single time.  I am keeping an eye out on the profile and have taken screenshots and 7 negatives in the last 5 months magically disappeared within days of receiving them.  This reader claims to be on a TV show or magazine in her country... which does not even exist lol.  Done my homework on this reader.. what a scammer.

Offline applecheeks

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2022, 08:46:33 AM »
I know a reader that pays the site to have reviews removed. Every single time.  I am keeping an eye out on the profile and have taken screenshots and 7 negatives in the last 5 months magically disappeared within days of receiving them.  This reader claims to be on a TV show or magazine in her country... which does not even exist lol.  Done my homework on this reader.. what a scammer.

You have no proof of knowing what is going on that has resulted in the removal of ratings. So to say that they were paid to be removed is an assumption or theory. I just feel it is important to not state things like that as fact. Clients can change and remove reviews they have posted. It is possible the reader negotiates with those who post negative reviews, but they would not have a way to pay clients for it. If all it took was paying to have reviews removed ( be it the site or clients), there likely wouldn't be any in existence. I have seen readers stuck with really nasty reviews. I am not sure what site you are referring to, but if it is keen, they have strict policies and do not have any options for the readers to pay for ratings to be removed. Readers can even lose their accounts if they try to manipulate reviews. You can always contact support if you think something fishy is going on, and if there are false claims in a profile.

Offline PJpilar

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2022, 09:26:40 AM »
There are companies that offer a service where sellers can purchase reviewers so its not the psychic that writes their own reviews but has it set up to where a group of people are getting free reads in exchange for leaving reviews.

Again, that is not possible on most of the sites because they have minimum requirements for amount of time and money spent to even open the ability to leave a review. Please check and verify your sources to provide evidence of this. On keen, the charge starts instantly when the session starts. if a reader offers free minutes (and they can only offer a couple of minutes), we still cannot rate unless we pay for additional minutes that meet the requirement. What you are saying does not make sense. I think you are thinking of things like yelp, and various other review sites out there that do not require purchases, and are not even psychic related. Most of the psychic platforms have spending requirements built into their systems, and rules. You can read the terms of services to find the info. Or you could go do a one minute session, and see for yourself that it won't let you leave a review due to not meeting the spending and time requirements. Most of the platforms have that to prevent abuse from both clients and readers.

There are different ways to get free readings, the reader doesn't necessarily have to offer free minutes

Offline applecheeks

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2022, 01:38:12 PM »
There are companies that offer a service where sellers can purchase reviewers so its not the psychic that writes their own reviews but has it set up to where a group of people are getting free reads in exchange for leaving reviews.

Again, that is not possible on most of the sites because they have minimum requirements for amount of time and money spent to even open the ability to leave a review. Please check and verify your sources to provide evidence of this. On keen, the charge starts instantly when the session starts. if a reader offers free minutes (and they can only offer a couple of minutes), we still cannot rate unless we pay for additional minutes that meet the requirement. What you are saying does not make sense. I think you are thinking of things like yelp, and various other review sites out there that do not require purchases, and are not even psychic related. Most of the psychic platforms have spending requirements built into their systems, and rules. You can read the terms of services to find the info. Or you could go do a one minute session, and see for yourself that it won't let you leave a review due to not meeting the spending and time requirements. Most of the platforms have that to prevent abuse from both clients and readers.

There are different ways to get free readings, the reader doesn't necessarily have to offer free minutes
On keen, without having been given free minutes, the sessions start charging instantly. The readers do not have any control over that. The sessions also have to meet paid length requirements to be able rate. I am all for seeing legit info and evidence, but instead all of this is just continued speculation and rumors without anything real to back it up. "There are ways" is not a true answer or proof. Please do not spread hearsay as fact.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2022, 06:10:44 PM »

What?  No, just no.  You cannot pay keen off to have reviews removed. Readers may challenge them and if the review violates terms of use they’ll remove them.   Some clients lie and leave bad reviews because they didn’t like what was said to them.   There is criteria that needs to be met for it to be reviewed. If this was true you wouldn’t have seen any bad reviews as people would have paid to have them removed.