Author Topic: Some Advice on Leanne  (Read 3486 times)

Offline SadClownCake

Some Advice on Leanne
« on: May 18, 2021, 12:43:44 AM »
This is my first post here. Long time lurker.

I need to vent, and I hope my experience will be helpful to anyone who reads/wants to read with Leanne.

She was my go-to for years. Then POI came along, and he's an interesting character. Complex, wildly intelligent, extraordinary by almost any measure you can think of. Forming any kind of relationship with him was like hitting the lotto for me, as I'd admired him for a long time.

Leanne didn't like him and was honest about that from the beginning. She said he was likable, and definitely a good person but that something about him "irritated the hell out of" her, and that his energy was way too harsh for mine. This was the first of many readings on him.

To her credit, she came to understand I really cared for him so she tried to temper her words and be gentle. She emphasized he was a good person, admirable in many ways and that he cared for me in his own way, but that he rubbed her wrong. I appreciated the honesty but chose to forge ahead.

Leanne rarely impressed me on predictions, but her skill at picking up on a person's energy is unmatched. At times, it seemed she was seeing into the fabric of his soul. I knew what she said was correct, because I knew him and he was not an easy person to know. Her skill is real. Without being hurtful or rude, she told me many, many times that she did not like this man, and I could tell she was concerned about me. She didn't like to deliver this message, but seemed burdened to tell me the truth. Again, I didn't doubt her, but I wanted to see us through.

Three years later, I ended it. He hurt me in a way we couldn't come back from, but he didn't realize it until I cut him loose. He didn't react. He just wished me well, and I did him the same. That's his way. Extremely buttoned up, but will process an event for years. He was a very poor communicator.

Naturally, I ran to Leanne and told her. I wanted to know how he felt about my decision and the events that had led to it. I hated to think I may have caused him more pain, but I also wanted to know who I'd been dealing with - someone who had cared and regretted us ending, or someone who was indifferent and didn't mind seeing me go; I couldn't risk getting hurt by someone like him again.

Leanne asked for *exact* details because otherwise, she would conclude I was playing games with him. She asserted that if I was *actually* serious about ending it, I would not care what he thought. I found this very presumptuous, but answered anyway - like a fool.

You see, in order for me to explain exactly what had happened, I needed to give her some... "demographic" information about POI and myself that I'd never told her before, and she had never picked up on. This changed everything.

She returned my reading in less than 24 hours, something she'd only done once before when the situation was urgent. Then, she laid into me for an hour. Most of it was personal anecdotes, which I was used to, but this was ridiculous. Out of 60 minutes, about 53 were spent with her personal stories. The rest were...and it's hard to describe without giving too much detail...but she literally attacked me. Things I'd said in my message ("Oh, I just HATE people who say this!"), my perception of what had happened ("Surely he didn't mean it that way!) and my assertion that I was done. ("If you were, you wouldn't CARE how he feels!).

But the craziest thing is, once she learned that she and my POI actually shared this demographic, I became the villain and he the victim. After years of nearly begging me to distance myself from him, all of a sudden I had just misunderstood him, didn't understand how *hard* it was for people like them, his harsh words had been misinterpreted, and I needed to give him another chance. Now, instead of being one-sided, or delusional, or mis-matched our relationship suddenly "meant something." If it didn't, she reasoned, "why would you two have been together this long?" She said that instead of focusing on how he had hurt me, I needed to focus on "what *really* mattered." Whatever the hell that was.

I had told her explicitly in my email that this was the end of us, that I would not be taking him back or reaching out. But in the reading, she boldly asserted that "this was not the end" for us. Subtly insinuating that I needed to apologize for over-reacting to him hurting me?

One demographic fact literally changed her entire view of both me and him. It turned her against her client and put her on the side of the man she'd been trying to warn me about for years. I couldn't believe it. She never once acknowledged my pain (something she'd been so good at before), or even gave me advice. She just passionately defended him (really, defending HERSELF), and talked to me like I was some ridiculous bigot who couldn't appreciate who the "real" victims were. What's more, she didn't even answer my question.

I requested a re-read or refund as my question had not even been close to getting answered. Naively, I thought she might opt for the re-read, as I'd read she'd done this before for a client she got rambly with. But not me. Instead, she refunded and informed me that she felt she'd answered my question well, and that if I disagreed, I might want to ask another reader.

I get she felt like I didn't "deserve" to have my question answered because, if I were being honest in my intent, I wouldn't be interested in the answer, according to her. But how she thought she was going to flat-out refuse to answer my question *AND* keep my money? Is beyond me.

So word to the wise, if you want to get a good reading from Leanne, don't tell her anything about where you/POI are from, what you look like, sound like, orientation, eye color, food restrictions...whatever! She has biases she may/may not be aware of and they will color her readings if you tell her. I learned the hard way. I will never read with her again, and despite her "prediction," I have not reached out to him, nor he me.

Leanne really needs a therapy session, and will use YOUR reading as one if you give her an in. Hold close as many details about yourself as you reasonably can.

Offline Candy

Re: Some Advice on Leanne
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 02:05:30 AM »
Wow! I’m sorry you had to go through this experience.  :-* It sounds like Leanne is not psychic and allowed too much of her opinion to cloud her judgment.

Offline AstridSky

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 05:28:07 AM »
As soon as “readers” interject their opinions/bias I know they’re a fraud. I’m sorry this happened to you. Do you think how biased and triggered she was initially impacted your relationship with your ex?

Offline SadClownCake

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 07:32:44 PM »
As soon as “readers” interject their opinions/bias I know they’re a fraud. I’m sorry this happened to you. Do you think how biased and triggered she was initially impacted your relationship with your ex?

No, it didn't impact it. I mainly agreed with everything she said about him, but wasn't inclined to distance myself from him like she seemed to want. We both saw him pretty clearly, but it was my heart involved and not hers. No psychic can impact my choices or opinions like that.

Offline jas

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 01:25:44 PM »
Thank you for sharing.  I will certainly steer clear of her.

Offline Jasmine4849

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 07:34:42 PM »
Sorry to hear this!  I don't care for their opinions.  Just give me a reading, thank you.  One reader called a guy I was talking to "gross" - I won't be chatting with her anymore.  I think they get like that when they talk to you a little more often and start to feel like your friend, it's still not their place though.

Offline jaks111

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 09:48:09 PM »
I wouldn’t take to much notice of Leanne had 2 readings with her ages ago,  she didn’t suit me to be honest.
I felt if you were having a reading and asked about a man it would be negative and she would go off on a rant.
I feel she is anti men 😂 she may of had a few rubbish relationships herself just my thoughts.....

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 11:04:54 PM »
It is not necessarily true that a reader is a fraud for interjecting their own opinions, experiences, or bias. ALL readers do this even Yona. I know more about Yona's son than I care to admit and that begs a question as to why she even felt the need to talk about him, I'll never know.

I hate when readers do this especially when they talk about themselves, because the entire reading should be about me and why I called. Readers for some reason always act as if they know best although they fail to see they are only looking into a snapshot of your life. They aren't walking in your shoes nor are they involved in your story but they act like it.

Why is it so hard for them to just provide the information that was requested without infusing their own narrative into something they really don't know a great deal about? Just tell me what you see and steer them back when they flail.

It's annoying as F! but it is what it is and the risk we take as paying customers. You are absolutely right about Leanne and her rants and men hate. Many people have talked about that here. Many.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 11:06:25 PM by HornetKick »

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 11:42:59 PM »
Leanne is aweful, her last reading I had with her was a 45 minute sales pitch for her books. She is cruel, vindictive and sensitive (like she hates anyone who says "Love life" well, Leanne, most people want to know about their love lives) not exact wording but you get it. She's been accurate on the predictions but never actually predicts the full 10. She is always droning on about herself. I gave up on trying. She's not worth it.

Offline Live and love

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 01:23:39 AM »
Is Leanne on Keen?

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 04:13:05 AM »
It is not necessarily true that a reader is a fraud for interjecting their own opinions, experiences, or bias. ALL readers do this even Yona. I know more about Yona's son than I care to admit and that begs a question as to why she even felt the need to talk about him, I'll never know.

I hate when readers do this especially when they talk about themselves, because the entire reading should be about me and why I called. Readers for some reason always act as if they know best although they fail to see they are only looking into a snapshot of your life. They aren't walking in your shoes nor are they involved in your story but they act like it.

Why is it so hard for them to just provide the information that was requested without infusing their own narrative into something they really don't know a great deal about? Just tell me what you see and steer them back when they flail.

It's annoying as F! but it is what it is and the risk we take as paying customers. You are absolutely right about Leanne and her rants and men hate. Many people have talked about that here. Many.

You said very well, and that's the reason that I love Kisha.

Offline Jili1945

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2021, 04:17:02 AM »
Is Leanne on Keen?

https://leannehalyburton.com

Offline Live and love

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2021, 07:16:33 PM »
Is Leanne on Keen?

https://leannehalyburton.com

Thank you  :)

Offline Live and love

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2021, 07:18:35 PM »

That is true.  Kisha does not talk about herself, but she was dead wrong for me.  I wouldn't call her again.

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2021, 02:01:11 AM »
Kisha was wrong for me too, said a guy wouldnt move forward with me who I ended up engaged to.

That is true.  Kisha does not talk about herself, but she was dead wrong for me.  I wouldn't call her again.