Author Topic: SMF Error AGAIN  (Read 1926 times)

Offline summertimesnow

SMF Error AGAIN
« on: October 18, 2020, 04:05:39 AM »
I don't know about you but I've had the SMF  error again since last Monday afternoon.
So the forum was back on for barely 2 days and then gone for 6 days. That is a total of 11 days out.

Is anyone not a moderator on here? You gotta fix the SQL.. In 2020, this should not be happening where a forum goes offline for a week and again offline for another week.

Offline Renaissance

Re: SMF Error AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 09:02:30 AM »
Yes, I’ve been having the same issue daily. I don’t know if this site is even moderated.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 05:33:06 PM »
It happens periodically and the PM doesn't seem to be working either. There is a database error.

Offline qualitycontrol

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 10:59:21 PM »
Omg, the most annoying thing ever... What's the problem?

Offline summertimesnow

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 12:12:19 AM »
The problem seems to be that the forum moderators are not maintaining the SQL code.

Offline mariah419

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 02:09:17 AM »
I am having the same issue with not being able to access my inbox messages on here.

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 04:36:53 AM »
I am having the same issue with not being able to access my inbox messages on here.

Same. I only checked because you mentioned it. I don't get a lot of PMs on here.

Offline username1111

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 05:12:38 AM »
Did it ever come to you that there is someone who, for years, is paying for the domain name and hosting this forum so you can use it for free? I find it funny that you take for granted that it should be maintained for your convenience... The owner could decide to stop hosting it whenever they want - do not be entitled... Next time, it may never come back. My 2 cents

Offline summertimesnow

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 03:24:01 PM »
Did it ever come to you that there is someone who, for years, is paying for the domain name and hosting this forum so you can use it for free? I find it funny that you take for granted that it should be maintained for your convenience... The owner could decide to stop hosting it whenever they want - do not be entitled... Next time, it may never come back. My 2 cents

Sorry but I disagree. You may be the host but I will ask you this: how come other sites aren't crashing for a good week?

Offline Smiley1

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 09:06:03 PM »
None of us pay for membership so we have no right to complain.

anything