Author Topic: Are couples who share a lot on social media really THAT happy?  (Read 2856 times)

Offline njlady

Re: Are couples who share a lot on social media really THAT happy?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 08:56:59 PM »
I was just curious to see if anyone had any input on this. Do you think that couples (or one person in the relationship) who post a lot about their relationship (i.e. birthday posts gushing about their significant others, happy 6 months, 1 year, 2 year anniversaries, post a lot of IG stories about their significant other that are TMI, filming their significant other when they aren't looking) seem to feel they have to prove something and are not as happy as they portray themselves to be? VS couples who are generally more private and rarely post each other but you know that in person they are a good match and a really strong couple?

Hell no. 

Social media is either pure theater, MLM Boss Babe-ing it up hoping to reel in more suckers, emotionally dysregulated people posting "If you can't handle me at my worst ..."  crap or just out and out hate spewing for the majority of people. 

People who are actually happy don't feel the need to be validated by the world by entering the my love is better than your love will ever be Olympics.  Sharing happiness and love is natural but these genuine feelings come through by the look on your non-posed face, your body language, real smiles ... not a "this is what love looks like" photo shoot.

Offline Psyche1111

Re: Are couples who share a lot on social media really THAT happy?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 11:20:01 PM »
It depends. Most people who are secure don't feel a need to validate online. Sometimes when it is "new" I see more postings just because it's new and exciting. You can't read either way from it though in my opinion. Everyone has different social media habits. Personally I'm not into too much PDA. I was once told you can't actually judge a relationship until you are in it. I will say though if it means a lot to one person in the relationship to post a photo together or something of that nature and their partner won't allow it to be tagged, that also says a lot about the relationship.