Author Topic: Anyone else devastated?  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Truthfromrosie

Anyone else devastated?
« on: June 14, 2020, 06:04:05 AM »
Is anyone else genuinely devastated about their  situation? I am not just a bit sad, I am in so much pain and have been for such a long time. I get everyone has their pains and hard times but I’ve done that a million times over. I can’t believe I have to endure this hurt yet again. I woke up a couple of days ago and really questioned how long I am able to continue to feel this way.

Offline wishes215

Re: Anyone else devastated?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 06:50:49 AM »
Is anyone else genuinely devastated about their  situation? I am not just a bit sad, I am in so much pain and have been for such a long time. I get everyone has their pains and hard times but I’ve done that a million times over. I can’t believe I have to endure this hurt yet again. I woke up a couple of days ago and really questioned how long I am able to continue to feel this way.

im not aware of your situation if you've shared it here but remember time does heal all wounds. when you are in it, it feels like the pain will never end but belleve you me, it will. hang in there and try and stay busy. the less energy you put into it, the quicker you'll be able to move past it. hope you feel better soon:(

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 05:17:12 PM »

I have been where you are, just know it's not constructive for anyone's mental health to stay there. If you feel like you cannot cope maybe reach out to a counselor or psychologist to help you realistically get past this. Magical things happen when you let go and move on with your life without them.

Honestly, although we never reconnected as of yet, I am no longer devastated about anything between my POI and myself? Why? Cause I gave the best effort I could. Multiple psychics during the height of my binge and sadness who said not to reach out to him. I defied every single one of them and a vowed to get his attention and get him to speak to me even only as friends. I texted him once, dm'd him multiple times just to be friendly and I was met with silence. Silence to the point of he blocked me from contacting him on a messaging app but did not completely block me on the social media site. That shows me you want to still see things as you wish about what I am up to but don't want to talk to me? Mhmmm yeah ok a$$hole. We also ran into each other multiple times and he choose to literally ignore me so much to the point he would make every effort to be as far away from me in the same room as he could.

Someone's silence and continued silence even after you have tried to reach out and make amends is your answer. Let them be graced with the beauty of your absence and move on with your life.

All the energy I put into trying to get closer and fortify that connection was there I now channel into creating greater distance and working on how I want my own life to look. I cut ties with anyone connected between us that wasn't family or long time friends.

I have big dreams for my life and at this point we will not fit the mold anymore so I have really been focusing letting it truly go. Do I still think he'll reach out one day? Yes but when he does I'll be in such a different headspace at that point that I pretty sure he'll just get kept on read.

I am not actually reading about him any more. I had a last reading but mostly asked about the past to understand how we got here and hoping to have closure because I never understood. I am also not actively waiting for him although I can’t help that deep down there’s clearly some hope. Maybe therapy is the answer because I am just stuck and not moving on.

Offline massine

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 05:37:10 PM »
I am in a devastating situation where the breakup was so out of the blue, and we had an apartment together, we were engaged, life was fab.
It's been 6 months.
I have this gut feeling he'll be back before the end of the year, some readers agree. I am not waiting for him because I'm too good for that and so are you <3
Put yourself first and focus on what you can do to make yourself happy, which may seem impossible right now but in the long run it will be worth it. Start casually dating, because for me knowing other people value me when my ex doesn't put me at ease. Do I want a relationship? Not now. But I enjoy dating and seeing what's out there.

I wrote letters to my ex in a little journal I had, I wrote every time I was upset or angry, every time I felt good about myself, everything things worked out. The most important thing is to let yourself feel hurt, and deal with the emotions, don't hide them. I feel for you my love but at the end of the day, as much as it doesn't seem like it now, you'll be on top of the world and your ex will have more regrets than you. PM if you ever want to rant or just bitch about him <3
You are enough. A thousand times enough <3

Offline jas

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 12:31:28 PM »

I have been where you are and the pain was unbearable.  At one point I walked out into my front yard at 2 am and looked up at the sky and just begged God, the universe or whatever higher power there might be to please allow me to die.  I felt like my whole body had a mild electrical current running through it - the pain was actually physical.  There was another day when I had no food left in the house because I hadn't been to the grocery store in a week (I was working remotely and never left the house) and I had to look down at my feet and tell myself to put one foot in front of the other.  I had days where I crawled to the bathroom because I was so overwhelmed.  It took three years to get over it.  I know that isn't what you want to hear but the good news is that I did get over it and my life did go on.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 02:04:53 PM by jas »

Offline maggs30

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 01:45:00 PM »

I have been where you are and the pain was unbearable.  At one point I walked out into my front yard at 2 am and looked up at the sky and just begged God, the universe or whatever higher power there might be to please allow me to die.  I felt like my whole body had a mild electrical current running through it - the pain was actually physical.  There was another day when I had no food left in the house because I hadn't been to the grocery store in a week (I was working remotely and never left the house) and I had to look down at my feet and tell myself to put one foot in front of the other.  I had days where I crawled to the bathroom because I was so overwhelmed.  It took three years to get over it.  I know that it's what you want to hear but the good news is that I did get over it and my life did go on.

I can't count the number of days I begged God to let me die. I begged him if I couldn't be happy just let me go. Now I'm in a committed happy relationship with someone that cares about me deeply. You can get through it. It does get better. Let go of what's dragging you down and find your happiness.

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 09:27:41 PM »
Thanks for your responses, guys. I am actually feeling better and stronger and building up my self esteem. The comments helped <3

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 11:24:01 PM »
Thanks for your responses, guys. I am actually feeling better and stronger and building up my self esteem. The comments helped <3

Yay!!! I’ve been watching this thread and thinking about it. You are in my thoughts!
Please don’t get discouraged if your mood fluctuates! Keep trying and getting back up. It’s not easy and at times it’s seems obstacles to hit harder when you ARE  turning it around- but remember what you did to pick yourself up. You have to get up!

I’m currently a little low, not as bad as before, but I do remember feeling really desperate over my circumstances and saying the same things that were said here. But the fact is well what am I putting into it to change? It’s hard pill to swallow... all I can say if you’re still breathing your life isn’t done with you yet and we must fight to be happy and alive. Creating those things consistently is everyone lesson. Like here I am about to get into my affirmations about self love and I’m rolling my eyes... ugh not feeling it, yet what are my choices? We are never really powerless over any situation unless we say we are... so do fight for to turn it around, it is worth it. You’re worth it!

Thank you! And 100% agree! It doesn’t mean I’m happy now and everything is fine. The truth is it’s much easier to sink into that sad feeling when you’re not having a great day than to keep ploughing ahead and picking yourself up when you really don’t feel like it. Some days I won’t manage it and will succumb to it, but the key is to keep on going. Really hope you feel much better soon XXX

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 11:25:39 PM »
How are you guys doing? I’ve not been great recently

Offline Psyche1111

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 05:15:57 AM »
Im sorry, you are having a hard time. I think lots of emotions are running high now. I try to remind myself to enjoy the journey and not just live for the destination. Also, whenever Im having a bad day I like to unplug, take the day off and watch some funny movies. This too shall pass! xo