Author Topic: Anger  (Read 1504 times)

Offline maggs30

Anger
« on: May 10, 2020, 05:44:24 PM »
So I fully admit my short comings. I know that I have anger issues and a very dark place and demons. Product of my past.

When I go into that dark place and dance with my demons I do so to really heavy angry music. Does anyone else do this? If so what is on your play list? One of my all time favorites is "Mother" by Danzig.

I'm beginning to think there isn't a man strong enough to help me tame my demons or really know how to deal with them. My ex husband tried. He's a Leo so not a weak sign. I'm a BULLY at times when my demons are full force.

Offline Fidget1028

Re: Anger
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »
Everything Alanis Morrissette from her Jagged Little Pill days.

Offline lp1111

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 06:47:01 PM »
Mine is “Bloody Mother Fu***** Asshole” by Martha Wainwright 😁

Offline Fairydust123

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 06:57:44 PM »
Anything from FALLING IN REVERSE!
OR DEMI LOVATO

Offline maggs30

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 07:26:30 PM »
So I fully admit my short comings. I know that I have anger issues and a very dark place and demons. Product of my past.

When I go into that dark place and dance with my demons I do so to really heavy angry music. Does anyone else do this? If so what is on your play list? One of my all time favorites is "Mother" by Danzig.

I'm beginning to think there isn't a man strong enough to help me tame my demons or really know how to deal with them. My ex husband tried. He's a Leo so not a weak sign. I'm a BULLY at times when my demons are full force.

Music is my therapy. I listen to mellow and lyrics more than angry tone. You have to tame you, someone else cannot do it for you. It takes a lot of inner work, but it is possible.  Also, doesn't surprise me A leo couldn't help. Leo's are not for the faint of heart but they are also about themselves first and foremost. My ex was water/fire cusp and a lot within their chart also so at the end of the day is was all about him not me.

Agree with the above. You're cognizant of your 'very dark place' and that it can be tough for others to handle, and only you can tame you, not anyone else.

I did not say a man has to tame my demons but be strong enough to help. Strong enough to help is to see it starting and help me calm down. My past has all of the emotional physical verbal and sexual abuse of the most horrid stories. Starting at 4 and so far I have had a 2 yr break since my divorce. I'm 44. So 40 yrs of abuse. Yes a man needs to be strong enough to help and not add to it.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 07:28:28 PM »
Everything Alanis Morrissette from her Jagged Little Pill days.

Yes! And You oughta know

Offline maggs30

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 07:30:45 PM »
Mine is “Bloody Mother Fu***** Asshole” by Martha Wainwright 😁

I need to look this one up!

Offline maggs30

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 07:34:48 PM »
Anything from FALLING IN REVERSE!
OR DEMI LOVATO

I have never heard of Falling in Reverse before either I will need to look them up to.

Offline Fairydust123

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 07:51:44 PM »
They are heavy sometimes!

Offline maggs30

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 08:04:59 PM »
I'm an 80s and 90s girl so I also do a lot of Metallica, Anthrax, MegaDeth, Ozzy, and a few 2000s. Like Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, Seven Nation Army, and I guess even some Nirvana.

For me feeling the music and screaming along releases some of the anger. Maybe I'm weird that way. Sometimes I use it along with punching my heavy bag. Best present the ex husband ever gave me lol.

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 08:53:34 PM »
I love some 90s music too for angry time. Rage against the Machine, Tool, NIN and strangely... Smashing Pumpkins’ Gish. It’s their most guitar driven album, there’s something about it that feels so cathartic.