Author Topic: I got tested for coronavirus and......  (Read 7875 times)

Offline HornetKick

Re: I got tested for coronavirus and......
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2020, 03:10:30 AM »
Oh Lordy - sorry to hear you’re going through the struggle too lol. My mom is a doctor and swears against taking the flu shot (for her own reasons) so I never took it due to that. Well I’m deffinitely regretting that now😂😂 Not that it’s makes a difference in my scenario but I more so empathize with the fact maybe we all should find protection in a flu shot, so we can at least prevent ourselves from one global sickness out here. So in saying that... not only do I feel you, but I feel for you. but I do wish us a full recovery and health!!! I pray we will be fine 🙏🏽
I agree with your Mom. Avoid the flu shot. The flu shot does not protect you against getting the flu. It only lessens the symptoms, but you will still get the flu. Been there, done that.

Please do not go around telling people to avoid a vaccination that saves countless lives and allows for our healthcare system to remain functioning during flu season. It is a well known fact that the flu vaccine is anywhere from 40 to 60% effective. Without it, you are correct, symptoms are worse and with it you wont get as sick. Thousands of people die every year from it. Most unvaccinated. Not only does it protect from severe illness, hospitalization, or dying from the disease, but it is also important for herd immunity to prevent illness in vulnerable populations. You may get it and be fine, but you could pass your infection to someone who has cancer, an autoimmune disease, or the old or you who are especially vulnerable. Truly, GET YOUR DAMN FLU SHOT PEOPLE. Why wouldn’t you want to protect yourself AND MORE IMPORTANTLY OTHERS from dying???? Absolutely mind boggling how ignorant you and this comment are.

Oh great. Another ignorant person believing they are smart. Sure. You win too.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2020, 04:08:26 AM »
Human nature is an amazing thing indeed!
But, I don't know why those against what you say are all of a sudden boiling with bitterness. It could be as simple as they don't believe you're right.

Offline Lyssa

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 04:40:50 AM »
Oh Lordy - sorry to hear you’re going through the struggle too lol. My mom is a doctor and swears against taking the flu shot (for her own reasons) so I never took it due to that. Well I’m deffinitely regretting that now😂😂 Not that it’s makes a difference in my scenario but I more so empathize with the fact maybe we all should find protection in a flu shot, so we can at least prevent ourselves from one global sickness out here. So in saying that... not only do I feel you, but I feel for you. but I do wish us a full recovery and health!!! I pray we will be fine 🙏🏽
I agree with your Mom. Avoid the flu shot. The flu shot does not protect you against getting the flu. It only lessens the symptoms, but you will still get the flu. Been there, done that.

Please do not go around telling people to avoid a vaccination that saves countless lives and allows for our healthcare system to remain functioning during flu season. It is a well known fact that the flu vaccine is anywhere from 40 to 60% effective. Without it, you are correct, symptoms are worse and with it you wont get as sick. Thousands of people die every year from it. Most unvaccinated. Not only does it protect from severe illness, hospitalization, or dying from the disease, but it is also important for herd immunity to prevent illness in vulnerable populations. You may get it and be fine, but you could pass your infection to someone who has cancer, an autoimmune disease, or the old or you who are especially vulnerable. Truly, GET YOUR DAMN FLU SHOT PEOPLE. Why wouldn’t you want to protect yourself AND MORE IMPORTANTLY OTHERS from dying???? Absolutely mind boggling how ignorant you and this comment are.

Oh great. Another ignorant person believing they are smart. Sure. You win too.

Lol. Facts. You literally said in your own post it reduces the severity of the flu. This is one of the many  reasons you should get the flu shot....? Haha but if I’m ignorant then the world is pretty much screwed. You have PhD in chemistry? Are you currently working on developing a point of care diagnostic test for the novel coronavirus? Didn’t think so. BYE.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 04:53:01 AM by Lyssa »

Offline Lyssa

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 04:43:37 AM »
Well.... for many yrs I was a conspiracy theory junkie. I believed it all: that 9-11 was faked, that celebrities have to blood sacrifice loved ones, that they put fuoride in water to dumb is down, that there is a secret plan to reduce the population and form a new world order, that top politicians are really shape shifting reptilians, that the moon landing was faked because the video shows no stars in the sky and the flag was blowing when there should have been no wind, that the earth is flat(even though i can see the moon and the sun and they seem round to me) and ofcourse that vaccines are more harmful than helpful with deliberate secret ingredients to harm us. I looked into all this for yrs and there was nothing anyone could tell me to make me see otherwise. I had to expand and come to my own sense in my own time. So in return, I judge no one for their beliefs. All i will say is that we are victims of our own success. Because so many ppl got vaccinated, issues like measles and polio became almost non existent, and almost an entire generation grew up not knowing how awful these diseases were. Because it hasnt been much of a scare, we got complacent with the vaccines which is why measles came back on the warpath again recently. I have known many ppl, including close relatives who show disdain for the medical profession choosing natural remedies, and it is unfortunately only when the cancer has spread too far and the alternative methods fail, they ( in this case a dear aunt I loved), decided to come back to traditional medicine when it was too late. She died yrs ago. If there really was a conspiracy to put things in the vaccine to hurt us deliberately, we wouldnt be able to escape it. They could put the same ‘ingredients’ in our water, in the organic food we buy at organic supermarkets thinking those are safe, as well as in our vitamins and supplements. If i were to ever have a child who yrs down the road asks me why I never vaccinated him or her so that he/ she wouldnt have gotten polio, I would never forgive myself. When we are sick we run to the doctor. When we need life saving surgery we run to the ER, yet we classify the same doctors as evil and deceived when they recommend vaccination. As I always say, human nature is an amazing thing and we hold on to amazing beliefs. Some ppl, very intelligent professional people at that, actually choose to believe the corona virus was unleashed to stop Trump’s second term: Meaning, China and Italy bought in to this and agreed to murder thousands of ppl just to stop Trump. Some people , very brilliant and well meaning people, also believe that the virus only harms white ppl and doesnt affect blacks. Poor Idris Elba had to come out with a video dispelling this nonsense even before he himself has fully recovered(the death toll is rising in the caribbean).Human nature is powerful and our belief system is amazing. Many ppl reading this now are boiling with bitterness because im defending vaccination when there are hundreds of double blind studies across the globe confirming its life saving effects! Human nature is amazing indeed!! And let me not even get started with religious beliefs. There is one particular christian denomination in which the founder twice predicted the date Christ would return and was ofcourse twice wrong, and the same bible they read from states that no man knows the day nor the hour. Yet, this denomination continues to have worldwide support by many intelligent intellectuals, far more brilliant than a hundred of me put together. Yet they choose to hold to this belief system. Human nature is an amazing thing indeed!

The only person on here saying you shouldn’t get vaccinated is @hornetkick. Yes I am bitter toward those that go around telling people not to get vaccinated like they did in the post I responded to...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 04:52:19 AM by Lyssa »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 04:45:11 AM »
The only person on here saying you shouldn’t get vaccinated is @hornetkick. Yes I am bitter toward those that go around telling people not to get vaccinated like they did in the post I responded to...
I never said to not get vaccinated. I said to avoid the flu shot.

Offline Lyssa

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 07:24:01 AM »
Ok, let me be clear. I didn’t say you said that. Telling people to avoid the flu shot, a vaccination against a contagious and potentially fatal disease is irresponsible and ignorant so please stop. It is scientifically proven to save lives and reduce severity. It very likely saved my mother’s life who has an autoimmune disease and came down with a mild case of flu this year, has she not been vaccinated, it would have likely been much worse.. So just stop and I think it’s obvious that I’m referring to your specific comment on the flu vaccine, not all vaccines, so coming back at me that I am ignorant or referring to anything but that is just you trying to prove something that you are flat out wrong about so please stop. I am and have always been sick and tired those who don’t get a flu vaccine when one is available. The flu has been as bad or worse than the current pandemic. The last major flu pandemic was in 1918 and killed at least 50 million people. Has that happened since the vaccine has been available? No. You telling people to avoid the flu vaccine is part of the problem. People who have died from the flu that didn’t get vaccinated, I’m sure very much wish they would have gotten one. I’m done now. My ignorant self is going to go work on developing an at home test for the current pandemic.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 07:38:41 AM by Lyssa »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2020, 02:29:59 PM »
First all stop arguing with others that are firm in their beliefs. You have your beliefs and others have theirs, stop trying to change that. I personally do not believe much in modern medicine and watched my parent suffer from cancer while doctors kept withholding treatment over issues I felt did not correlate as to why chemo wasn't happening. They kept sending them home too and each time they ended up in the hospital the stints got longer and longer. This healthcare system is broken whether you want to believe it or not, why do I believe that because of the overall lack of communication between dr to dr. The right hand doesn't talk to the left hand, they look at the chart as to treatment given and formulate their recommendations of further treatment moving forward. Do vaccines help? Yes, but I have never been sicker than when I have gotten flu shots vs when I didn't. Practicing thr tips they are stating and pushing right now show always be happening if you want to stay healthy, but some people in this world it takes a pandemic to actually listen. Been social distancing for years during flu and cold season and would get called a homebody or a hermit but now this is a recommendation?! I loved that song before it was mainstream is my response...People should have been doing it for years and years but nope I went years being exposed to other people bringing their contagion or their kids contagion to work because they still need a paycheck, flu shot or not, they never cared. In the past 10 years, i've gotten pink eye, strep twice, multiple instances of bronchitis infections, nasty flu's regardless of shot vs no shot because of my exposure to coworkers bringing their airborne toxic gunk to work with I'll kids cause yet again,"I need my paycheck."
Exactly. A voice of reason.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 02:31:49 PM »
Ok, let me be clear. I didn’t say you said that. Telling people to avoid the flu shot, a vaccination against a contagious and potentially fatal disease is irresponsible and ignorant so please stop. It is scientifically proven to save lives and reduce severity. It very likely saved my mother’s life who has an autoimmune disease and came down with a mild case of flu this year, has she not been vaccinated, it would have likely been much worse.. So just stop and I think it’s obvious that I’m referring to your specific comment on the flu vaccine, not all vaccines, so coming back at me that I am ignorant or referring to anything but that is just you trying to prove something that you are flat out wrong about so please stop. I am and have always been sick and tired those who don’t get a flu vaccine when one is available. The flu has been as bad or worse than the current pandemic. The last major flu pandemic was in 1918 and killed at least 50 million people. Has that happened since the vaccine has been available? No. You telling people to avoid the flu vaccine is part of the problem. People who have died from the flu that didn’t get vaccinated, I’m sure very much wish they would have gotten one. I’m done now. My ignorant self is going to go work on developing an at home test for the current pandemic.
Thank you for following your advice to please stop. Just stop.

Offline bee.23

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2020, 04:00:28 PM »

I understand your point, but please refrain from calling people insensitive phrases. Also, you bolded the statement I made, which was in no way reference to telling people not to take the shot. If you were wanting to state your opinion in regards to @hornetkick then I would kindly suggest you bold one of his statements, so we can clearly connect the correlation to the correct person. I never advised once not taking the shot, and have no opinion on the matter, but merely was listening to a point made by him, as you have also made yours. Light and love 🙏🏽
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 02:27:49 AM by bee.23 »

Offline bee.23

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2020, 04:05:48 PM »

First all stop arguing with others that are firm in their beliefs. You have your beliefs and others have theirs, stop trying to change that. I personally do not believe much in modern medicine and watched my parent suffer from cancer while doctors kept withholding treatment over issues I felt did not correlate as to why chemo wasn't happening. They kept sending them home too and each time they ended up in the hospital the stints got longer and longer. This healthcare system is broken whether you want to believe it or not, why do I believe that because of the overall lack of communication between dr to dr. The right hand doesn't talk to the left hand, they look at the chart as to treatment given and formulate their recommendations of further treatment moving forward. Do vaccines help? Yes, but I have never been sicker than when I have gotten flu shots vs when I didn't. Practicing thr tips they are stating and pushing right now show always be happening if you want to stay healthy, but some people in this world it takes a pandemic to actually listen. Been social distancing for years during flu and cold season and would get called a homebody or a hermit but now this is a recommendation?! I loved that song before it was mainstream is my response...People should have been doing it for years and years but nope I went years being exposed to other people bringing their contagion or their kids contagion to work because they still need a paycheck, flu shot or not, they never cared. In the past 10 years, i've gotten pink eye, strep twice, multiple instances of bronchitis infections, nasty flu's regardless of shot vs no shot because of my exposure to coworkers bringing their airborne toxic gunk to work with I'll kids cause yet again,"I need my paycheck."

Yes. Thank you. ^^^

Guys, this is a negative free zone. If you prefer to go back and forth discussing point of views in a negative manner, take it to PM
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 02:28:09 AM by bee.23 »

Offline bee.23

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 04:09:27 PM »
Yes I saw hornet was saying against flu shots (not vaccines, but it almost was being used interchangeably by the follow ups)... and i like you hornet, and profesor... (Im kinda not agreeing with some things lately... but it’s best not provoke)
But it still was a dangerous statement to make and claim. It kinda alluded.
Flu shots do help, it’s based on facts.
Whatever...

Im sure we all have our own horror stories from how “healthcare system” has failed us. Too many.

Bee hope you’re feeling better! How are your symptoms now?

Thank you! Unfortunately, my symptoms have gotten worse but I am keeping a positive mind

Offline dascallie

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 06:37:47 PM »

[/quote]

Thank you! Unfortunately, my symptoms have gotten worse but I am keeping a positive mind
[/quote]

Bee and all....not sure if you all have heard about this, but looks like a possible major breakthrough on covid 19. I've been reading bits about this for about 2-3 days and then last night was watching Tucker Carlson when he had this guest on---announcing that a malaria drug that has been around for years and years has shown to be 100% effective in 'curing' Covid 19.
Then this morning at 11:00 AM press conference, Trump and the head of the FDA announced it. Looks very exciting. Heres a bit of text I snagged from an article about the guest last night:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“As of this morning…a well-controlled peer reviewed study carried out by the most eminent infectious disease specialist in the world—Didier Raoult, MD, PhD—out of the south of France, in which he enrolled 40 patients…that showed a 100 percent cure rate against coronavirus," Rigano told Fox News's Tucker Carlson.

Carlson, looking shocked, said he “only knows what you’re telling me” but that it is “very unusual for a study of anything to produce results of 100 percent.”

Did he miss something, he wondered.

“That is remarkable. In fact to be able to cure a virus was said to be mathematically impossible,” Rigano said, noting that a small company did in fact create a cure for Hepatitis C.

“What we’re here to announce is the second cure to a virus of all time,” he said.

Carlson said that while it’s his job to be “skeptical of all and any claims” he said he certainly wants to believe this news and hoped the federal government could find out “if it’s true.”

Offline Lyssa

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 09:21:25 PM »

I understand your point, but please refrain from calling people insensitive phrases. Also, you bolded the statement I made, which was in no way reference to telling people not to take the shot. If you were wanting to state your opinion in regards to @hornetkick then I would kindly suggest you bold one of his statements, so we can clearly connect the correlation to the correct person. I never advised once not taking the shot, and have no opinion on the matter, but merely was listening to a point made by him, as you have also made yours.

I did not bold your phrase. The only person I have referred to on this topic is hornetkick. I am deleting my account on here. You people are ridiculous. Hornet kick said to avoid the flu shot which is ignorant and scientifically wrong.

Offline Lyssa

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 09:24:49 PM »

It is not a belief or opinion. It is scientific fact.

Offline Lyssa

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2020, 10:19:42 PM »
Regardless of whether or not its a scientific fact, it is someone's choice as to whether or not they would like to get a flu shot. and if someone decides they don't want it, it shouldn't turn into an argument.

It is not appropriate to go around telling others to avoid it because you have made that choice for yourself. Simply giving the facts and trying to educate people is not arguing. If I can save one person from believing someone else’s ignorance, then I will. If she can come on here and tell ppl to avoid it then I can come on here and give ppl the facts. Jesus.