Author Topic: Addictions and psychic forums  (Read 2848 times)

Offline JAG20

Addictions and psychic forums
« on: December 31, 2019, 07:43:08 AM »
I don't mean to sound judgy but looking through posts, many people say they're done with readings and going to leave the forum, but then go on to continue posting or stay on this forum, not saying there's anything wrong with that as after all, this is an addiction, and people can do what ever the hell they like. But do people generally feel that this forum helps them to move on, or do they get tempted? I'm generally curious cuz I'm still having readings, and I wondered if this forum does people a whole lot of good, they may get tempted to have another reading again, then another, and another and effectively it doesnt seem to help some people move on cuz they say they're done and their mindset is beginning to tell them look nothing's happening I know so far they've all been wrong, but then by staying on this forum it gives them hope, and pro longs the addiction. Maybe I'm wrong and for some it has actually helped them cuz they have pals on here or support networks, but I know from being addicted in the past for me personally, it only helped me to stay away from forums like these or any temptations.

Offline flora0250

Re: Addictions and psychic forums
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 08:29:08 AM »
I don't mean to sound judgy but looking through posts, many people say they're done with readings and going to leave the forum, but then go on to continue posting or stay on this forum, not saying there's anything wrong with that as after all, this is an addiction, and people can do what ever the hell they like. But do people generally feel that this forum helps them to move on, or do they get tempted? I'm generally curious cuz I'm still having readings, and I wondered if this forum does people a whole lot of good, they may get tempted to have another reading again, then another, and another and effectively it doesnt seem to help some people move on cuz they say they're done and their mindset is beginning to tell them look nothing's happening I know so far they've all been wrong, but then by staying on this forum it gives them hope, and pro longs the addiction. Maybe I'm wrong and for some it has actually helped them cuz they have pals on here or support networks, but I know from being addicted in the past for me personally, it only helped me to stay away from forums like these or any temptations.

For me it had caused much more temptation to try new people or even try old people again that didn’t work for me because they appeared to work for someone else. TBH this is why I’m convinced (call me paranoid) that there are many more fake posts about readers than people think. Because posts here just feed into the money making business of it all. So of course - this is a free platform to promote people’s business. There are probably a huge ton of fake posts.

Anyway off the point. I’ve still been tempted because I have a hard time even believing that it would be that extensive - so that must mean that loads of people actually have success. So why haven’t I?!?  But thankfully I’ve gotten over those mental hurdles but I still want to see what people’s experiences are with readers who have gotten some remote viewing things right for me. And I like to read others experiences in general.

But tack on a few thousand for me being dumb and wanting to try out all the readers people posted hype about.

Offline diamondcanadian

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 01:09:34 PM »

Everyone is different. An alcoholic can go in a restaurant without ordering alcohol . The temptation is there but 9/10 they won’t buy. I’m sure there’s some that can’t go because they know it’s on offer.

I post here still and don’t read anymore . I just don’t see the point when the majority are wrong. I’ve learned to do my own readings .

I’ll spend my money on alcohol instead . Lol

Offline JAG20

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 02:02:59 PM »

For me it had caused much more temptation to try new people or even try old people again that didn’t work for me because they appeared to work for someone else. TBH this is why I’m convinced (call me paranoid) that there are many more fake posts about readers than people think. Because posts here just feed into the money making business of it all. So of course - this is a free platform to promote people’s business. There are probably a huge ton of fake posts.

Anyway off the point. I’ve still been tempted because I have a hard time even believing that it would be that extensive - so that must mean that loads of people actually have success. So why haven’t I?!?  But thankfully I’ve gotten over those mental hurdles but I still want to see what people’s experiences are with readers who have gotten some remote viewing things right for me. And I like to read others experiences in general.

But tack on a few thousand for me being dumb and wanting to try out all the readers people posted hype about.

I totally agree that there are people on here who are fakes posting for revenue for readers, and the less I say on that the better, because it makes me frustated when psychics do that, it's not good karma. Perhaps some of the people claiming to have had success with readings are also fake, hard to tell. There's also many people who haven't had any luck, I've had small things come in but neither the biggie.

Offline tshine17

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 02:45:21 PM »
I feel like it helps me stay away from readers because the incorrect predictions stick with me. However, I did discover Yona and Kisha because of this site. The major positive with that is that they aren’t platform readers and seem ethical. I would rather spend my money and time with a few reputable psychics than the $10/min ones. It makes me feel like I’m in control.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 05:12:56 PM »
Isn't Kisha on Keen?
Yona started out on ebay.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 07:37:40 PM »
I’ve been tempted, but more or less Curious. I stick with my same group of readers and the only one I added to my group is Matilda this year  (curiosity killed the cat I guess). I do stay strong with my set group and don’t really have a temptation to read with anyone else because they - as a group work for me. I’m actually happy I found them even if they aren’t 100%. Honestly they have helped managed my expectations when it comes to dating so I know what to expect and not put too much in it- especially if the guy seems all nice in the beginning. Helps me weed them out! lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 07:39:34 PM by Sparkle002 »

Yaz88

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 09:49:26 PM »
Oh I’ve tried to make a clean break from readings a few times.  Most of the time I’ve been successful and not gotten one for the time period I designated as a break.  I now really only get general readings spaced four months apart, or if I have a very specific question I go to very specific readers to obtain their insight (this is on a limited and constructive basis).  Back in the late summer it was more of a compulsion for me because that is when the first round of timing predictions were supposed to happen and I was new to platform readings.  When the timing prediction came and went and nothing happened, I kind of got in a very bad headspace.  I’m a control freak and I realized that even armed with a prediction that lined up amongst a bunch of psychics, I could not control this situation nor was I supposed to know how this situation would unfold or when something would happen.  Once I calmed down, it made me pause and start separating my emotional self from my logical self and my intuitive self.

Going into 2020, thanks to this forum, trial and error, and I like to think some divine guidance, I know which readers are valuable to me and which readers work for me.  I also know when it’s time to get a reading and when it’s time to go and do something else like walk the dog.

Yona told me in my last reading to not overthink because it spoils the fun of what’s happening.  Getting too many readings and thinking too much about these readings and trying to decipher what they all mean is not only exhausting, but it really does spoil the fun of what’s happening. 

May 2020 be the year of perfect vision for each of you; may you see what you are supposed to see when you are supposed to see it, and live by faith for those things that are yet to come, trusting God’s plan in each of your lives.

Offline Smiley1

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 11:20:24 PM »
You May be correct on this.   I joined out of curiosity and honestly only ever had the fun readings twice a year through recommendations and local readers.   Discovered phone readings a few years ago with yona.   But I tried a few lines in last few months.  Nobody on here. Mainly English sites and they all seem to have generic responses so I decided to stop.

I don’t have burning questions though.  I just have a reading to see how they see my future.  I also so enjoy it when things happen they told me but it’s not devastating when it doesn’t happen.

More for fun than anything else.   This forum sparked my interest more but I’ve held myself back from trying the ones recommended. 

Yona is good like everyone says.  But I’m always amazed when two years after my first reading with her things suddenly started to happen. 

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 12:50:07 AM »
I like astrology and psychic phenomena so I know I won't ever lose interest in these things. I like general readings. But there are a lot of things I hate about getting personal readings. If I didn't read this forum it would be too easy to forget what I dislike about it so much. Even when the psychic is very talented and accurate they still miss things. I don't like having to be patient while they stumble through something that is not clear to them. I hate how they mix things up. I hate it when they go off on tangents about things that aren't important or talk about themselves or other clients. I hate having to gently guide them back on topic. I hate when they say something really cryptic or weird and then are never able to explain what it means. I hate it when they ask more questions than they answer. I especially hate it when they try to act like a life coach or start giving motherly/fatherly kind of advice. When I read what people post here I am reminded of all the things I dislike about getting readings and how psychics talk to people.
Sooo true, it's ultimately all the things I hate too. And this list can get even longer. After every sentence here that I read, the awful reader(s) popped into my head with certain words: cryptic, advice, tangents, life coach, etc.

Offline Lyssa

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 05:26:30 AM »
This forum has helped me a lot. Because of this forum, I have found a few people that work for me (Kisha, Micah) and these are the only two I will contact. When I was addicted to psychics, I didn't care who and just got fed fairy tales for literal thousands of dollars, and kept going back when time frames passed etc and constantly contacted different readers. Now I spend maybe $200 a year. It's weird, but the reason I go to psychics has actually done a 180 because of this forum. I think most of us are most concerned with if an ex is coming back, at least in my case that has been the only specific question I have asked. I find it helpful for my well being when a reader I trust tells me no, he's not, and here is why, I have found it helps me  move on. Obviously would love for a reading from Kisha to be my happy fairytale ending. lol. But anyways, seeing the reviews and how many people are wrong really snapped me out of ever feeling the need to go on a binge. Sometimes, when I feel myself slipping, i just come on here and read all of the REAL reviews and people's stories over years of reading with psychics and it makes me not want to throw money away. I typically go for one general reading a year and a few specific question emails with kisha/micah. I hate being stuck in the cycle of hoping for someone to come back, and she helps me snap out of that real quick, something I have also gotten better at myself after my only real break up a few years ago (6 year relationship). Anyways, idk if that makes sense, and may not be the case for everyone, but for me it has been helpful to curb the addiction/desire to get readings.

Offline jas

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 04:39:03 PM »
This forum has both provoked me to call and stopped me from calling, but more times than not it has stopped me from calling. 

I have three psychics that I call and I have had very big, specific predictions that played out with these readers.  However, I will not post or write anything about them.  I don't believe they will work for others as well as they do me.  Two of them have a thread in here but have received mixed reviews. 

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 09:06:20 PM »
I honestly have reigned in the reading but like to see if the ones that work for me work for others.  I also like to give my experience if I've read with someone who has not been talked abut before.  Sure helps when there are scammers to put them on blast.  At first reading the forum made me want to try the ones people we raving about but when i saw that they just weren't that good for me it help to not feel tempted anymore.

Offline ES1281

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 02:16:42 AM »
I think this is a place people can talk about something they cant talk to friends.
Like' I'm getting a psychic reading and the update is..., on top up the update is...'
Probably not.

And this forum help people to identify scams and real ones may work for them.

For addiction I think people will be addicted no matter where they are.

This forum helped me to meet some great spiritually grown people, and I could get some guidance.

I personally agree with you(another post) we don't really need to spend on psychic about something we already know the answer deep inside.

But usually what brought people to reading is to help on anxiety insecurity etc which is something they need to work on inside, take responsibility on their own life, but not seeking outside help.

Eventually people get there I feel...

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 02:21:48 AM by ES1281 »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 05:10:29 AM »
Yes, that is the main positive I feel about this forum and others like it. You eventually get there to a place where you see readers aren’t consistent, aren’t reliable and more times than not, are not really a strong psychic. Psychics go to a mental place when they do readings and claim it’s exhausting so I feel that is one of the main reasons they aren’t consistent because they do their play on words and say generalized things, give advice or misinterpret because they don’t always stay in that mental head space. The worst part of it is, that readers don’t do this on purpose since half the time they don’t know they are doing this or even what they are doing, so it’s overly disappointing when things don’t manifest as they claim they saw. Everyone comes to terms within their own understanding of how they can get misled by psychics who claim to have their best interest at heart.

anything