Author Topic: IF......POI comes back after ghosting  (Read 4340 times)

Offline Angel22

Re: IF......POI comes back after ghosting
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 02:46:21 AM »
Yes, we all going or gone through similar thing. Right now I am trying to analyse my feelings of emotional turmoil and anxiety as to why this is affecting me so much. I was not even in a relationship with the guy, we just dated few months and I am usually careful with whom I am trying to bond and form a connection with and I absolutely felt we connected. Friends suggested that moving on should be easy since there was no level of commitment, but it all comes down to not how many years I know that person but its about how strong were the feelings and emotional connection (atleast from my side). One of the reason that came up while analyzing my feelings was the fear that I am never going to find anyone again who I can connect on that level (since I am 31, the usual fear of aging). Next reason, even if I find someone, I won’t develop same feelings towards that person. But one thing learnt is never to give away your heart completely until you are sure that you are getting the same response back and protect yourself from the disappointments ahead. I would never ever want to go through a similar trauma in my future again and wish the same for everyone here.

Offline Angel22

Re: IF......POI comes back after ghosting
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 03:05:45 AM »
Yes, we all going or gone through similar thing. Right now I am trying to analyse my feelings of emotional turmoil and anxiety as to why this is affecting me so much. I was not even in a relationship with the guy, we just dated few months and I am usually careful with whom I am trying to bond and form a connection with and I absolutely felt we connected. Friends suggested that moving on should be easy since there was no level of commitment, but it all comes down to not how many years I know that person but its about how strong were the feelings and emotional connection (atleast from my side). One of the reason that came up while analyzing my feelings was the fear that I am never going to find anyone again who I can connect on that level (since I am 31, the usual fear of aging). Next reason, even if I find someone, I won’t develop same feelings towards that person. But one thing learnt is never to give away your heart completely until you are sure that you are getting the same response back and protect yourself from the disappointments ahead. I would never ever want to go through a similar trauma in my future again and wish the same for everyone here.

Girl 31 is YOUNG! I have a few more years on you and I just now found my person for me... mind, body, and soul. My mother didn't find her person until she was 43, she passed before the age of 60. She spent more than half her life with the wrong men, in bad relationships and never thought she would ever find that one person she wanted to spend life with. Age is only a number if you let it be. Live life for you everyday, learn to enjoy your own company, and the right person will appear, I promise you. Life truly is too damn short

That is a bit relieving. Thank you, I know everyone says that but my mind is in a pessimist mode right now. And this learn to enjoy your own company theory I totally agree and I am am doing that but then again sometimes it makes me fearful that probably it will affect my thinking and I will be happy to be alone which I don’t want to. I need to learn to distinguish between enjoying your own company and feeling secure but at the same time just accept the fact that if someone comes well and good and if not I will be fine with that too. Accepting the later part is difficult

anything