Author Topic: Meaning of Life  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Star_01

Meaning of Life
« on: October 08, 2019, 11:50:02 PM »
I'm curious of what other's beliefs of "life" are..

Do people believe for example that before we are born, we choose or get given certain lessons to learn on this earth? Reincarnation, lessons or karmic paths from previous past lives?

For example some people being born into a rich family, others being poor. Children having happy upbringings, other children having abusive childhoods?

I know people who think that before we are born, we basically choose what lessons to learn in this life. So say for example in your last life, you were rich and happy, had it all and had a relatively laid back life, you decide well this next life I want to learn what it's like to be poor, or harder on luck, and then you are born into a more tricky life... These lessons then "evolve and wisen" your soul, if you like.

I recently talked to someone who read with a reader who is strictly into science and no "woo woo" stuff as she calls it. She believes in cells/cellular levels and electricity, that all of our memories, our personality, traits, actions, behaviours, thoughts etc are stored within us and our cells til even after death.

(I may have to take this part down as it could offend people), but she believes that people who get cancer young in life are most of the time unhappy people with lots of toxins inside of them because (I may be poor at explaining this) we all have cancer inside of us but too much then is fungi which will spread and that's when we get unwell and die, and the fungi spreading is basically all the unhappy toxins and energy etc inside of that person.

She also believes in what many people would call LOA but she says it isn't, it's real sciencey "stuff" where if you are brought up in an unhappy environment, you will bounce off of people (until you "raise your electric, cellular whatever vibrations and basically - self esteem") who are your fears or have experienced similar life traumas to you because of the electricity and cells etc etc inside of us. For example if you grow up being abandoned and shut out as child you will attract people throughout your life who abandon you (attract your fears because of subconscious, the vibrations cells electricity we vibe out) or are scared of being abandoned too, which causes a toxic controlling relationship pattern throughout your life. I personally believe (and have seen myself) that sometimes it's also down to luck. I've known people who have had shitty upbringings to go on and be successful happy people and people who had decent childhoods to get into abusive relationships. This reader also believes in energy and when you think of another person, you automatically make an invisible link to them, which is why they may think of you at the same time of you thinking of them, you may well see signs or their name about places, or think of them and then shortly after they contact you. They called it synchronisation which I do have to believe because I've witnessed it myself.

I am quite a spiritual person and rarely believe in coincidences, I do think we are given lessons to complete in this life and when we die and pass over, we do the things "over there" that we enjoyed in life, aswell as being around deceased loved ones and friends, animals. And the not so great people receive whatever punishments afterward. This reader believes that we are all memories like a stored file, so when she does a mediumship reading, it's like someone's grandma or whomever is coming through, is coming from storage memory files, like opening drawers and going through filing cases of memories and validations, etc. I am unsure of this part, I don't know whether to believe we are just "memories" that come through.

I'm really interested to hear of what people's own takes are on life here, before we are born/after death and the meaning of life. Surely some things are not coincidental and down to just science, and we meet certain people for reasons, and go into certain areas we are meant to. Like a specific job or in the right place at the right time for something extraordinary to happen. And what do people believe happens when we die, the process after?

Apologies if this science stuff is common sense and I've made myself look a fool, I've never really been a sciency person and never had it explained like this before, so it's all new to me. Also, unless I'm mistaken - I've never seen anywhere on here people talk about science and spirituality. I'm wondering if people believe in just the science side of things or more to life than that too if is possible? Anyway, thanks for listening to my ramblings  :)

Offline Girly1998

Re: Meaning of Life
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 12:02:57 AM »
I love posts like this, it’s so interesting to think about. And there’s no right or wrong answer to it.  My stance on it literally changes daily though. I like to believe everything happens for a reason and that these hard times that we go through will all mean something someday. Looking back, I did learn from past experiences and they have brought me to where I am but was it really worth it? Would my life really be that much different had those things not happened?

The cancer thing is also a good example. I follow this mother who lost her 3 year old to cancer and I just can’t think of any logical reasoning behind something like that happening. Surely he didn’t have to suffer to bring awareness when there’s thousands of kids just like him that die every year.

The synchronization stuff really sparks my interest. I swear this happens all the time to me and it leaves me so confused.

And if reincarnation is real, I hate the past life version of me. How dare she lol

ladya

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 02:01:50 AM »

Do people believe for example that before we are born, we choose or get given certain lessons to learn on this earth? Reincarnation, lessons or karmic paths from previous past lives?

For example some people being born into a rich family, others being poor. Children having happy upbringings, other children having abusive childhoods?

I know people who think that before we are born, we basically choose what lessons to learn in this life. So say for example in your last life, you were rich and happy, had it all and had a relatively laid back life, you decide well this next life I want to learn what it's like to be poor, or harder on luck, and then you are born into a more tricky life... These lessons then "evolve and wisen" your soul, if you like.

I recently talked to someone who read with a reader who is strictly into science and no "woo woo" stuff as she calls it. She believes in cells/cellular levels and electricity, that all of our memories, our personality, traits, actions, behaviours, thoughts etc are stored within us and our cells til even after death.

(I may have to take this part down as it could offend people), but she believes that people who get cancer young in life are most of the time unhappy people with lots of toxins inside of them because (I may be poor at explaining this) we all have cancer inside of us but too much then is fungi which will spread and that's when we get unwell and die, and the fungi spreading is basically all the unhappy toxins and energy etc inside of that person.

She also believes in what many people would call LOA but she says it isn't, it's real sciencey "stuff" where if you are brought up in an unhappy environment, you will bounce off of people (until you "raise your electric, cellular whatever vibrations and basically - self esteem") who are your fears or have experienced similar life traumas to you because of the electricity and cells etc etc inside of us. For example if you grow up being abandoned and shut out as child you will attract people throughout your life who abandon you (attract your fears because of subconscious, the vibrations cells electricity we vibe out) or are scared of being abandoned too, which causes a toxic controlling relationship pattern throughout your life. I personally believe (and have seen myself) that sometimes it's also down to luck. I've known people who have had shitty upbringings to go on and be successful happy people and people who had decent childhoods to get into abusive relationships. This reader also believes in energy and when you think of another person, you automatically make an invisible link to them, which is why they may think of you at the same time of you thinking of them, you may well see signs or their name about places, or think of them and then shortly after they contact you. They called it synchronisation which I do have to believe because I've witnessed it myself.

I am quite a spiritual person and rarely believe in coincidences, I do think we are given lessons to complete in this life and when we die and pass over, we do the things "over there" that we enjoyed in life, aswell as being around deceased loved ones and friends, animals. And the not so great people receive whatever punishments afterward. This reader believes that we are all memories like a stored file, so when she does a mediumship reading, it's like someone's grandma or whomever is coming through, is coming from storage memory files, like opening drawers and going through filing cases of memories and validations, etc. I am unsure of this part, I don't know whether to believe we are just "memories" that come through.

I'm really interested to hear of what people's own takes are on life here, before we are born/after death and the meaning of life. Surely some things are not coincidental and down to just science, and we meet certain people for reasons, and go into certain areas we are meant to. Like a specific job or in the right place at the right time for something extraordinary to happen. And what do people believe happens when we die, the process after?

Apologies if this science stuff is common sense and I've made myself look a fool, I've never really been a sciency person and never had it explained like this before, so it's all new to me. Also, unless I'm mistaken - I've never seen anywhere on here people talk about science and spirituality. I'm wondering if people believe in just the science side of things or more to life than that too if is possible? Anyway, thanks for listening to my ramblings  :)

I do believe we choose our lives before we are born but I also believe it depends on the karmas you do or don't do in this life will decide your next life. What you mentioned about the reader is all basic psychology lol that's why she said its science based. Its all past conditioning and we all have it and carry the wounds we experienced in early childhood into the future. Some of us deal with them and some of us dont and just accumulate more wounds. Although I think somethings are destined, I believe a lot of it lies in the choices we make. 2 Children from an abusive home can lead 2 completely different lives. One can go on and continue living that trauma and go down the dark path and the other chooses to transmute it and lead a completely different life. I believe a lot of it comes down to how we choose to deal with life and whether we are in the drivers seat or a victim to our circumstances. I believe we are meant to live the life we want but getting to that road is not always easy and be quite lonely. It takes a lot to own that you have been responsible for a lot in your life but it also gives you the power to change it.

Now pertaining to negativity and physical manifestation. I def believe there's a link. Cancer is not a fungi so Idk what malarky that reader is saying. Cancer is quite complicated and different types manifest/develop different ways. Im not going to get into the science behind it here but it way more complicated than just negativity building up. Now i do believe that emotional trauma can manifest physically which why stress causes so many problems. I do believe people who are constantly feeding into the negativity of their lives and building off that that it can later manifest as physical symptoms.

I don't believe in luck. Luck is subjective. If you have good health and all your body parts, consider yourself lucky. There's nothing good about getting everything you want handed to you on a silver platter because none of that builds character. Character isn't built when everything is easy. Its the challenges that we look back and thank because it changed us and made us into who we are. Everything looks easy on the outside because noone knows what anyone is going through. Luck is subjective based on who sees it. Two people can get the same job and one will be unhappy because its not what they wanted and another will feel lucky because they have one and can put food on the table. It all comes down to mindset. The more you open your hands and say thank you for even the little you have the more you get.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 01:59:34 PM »

I do believe we choose our lives before we are born but I also believe it depends on the karmas you do or don't do in this life will decide your next life. What you mentioned about the reader is all basic psychology lol that's why she said its science based. Its all past conditioning and we all have it and carry the wounds we experienced in early childhood into the future. Some of us deal with them and some of us dont and just accumulate more wounds. Although I think somethings are destined, I believe a lot of it lies in the choices we make. 2 Children from an abusive home can lead 2 completely different lives. One can go on and continue living that trauma and go down the dark path and the other chooses to transmute it and lead a completely different life. I believe a lot of it comes down to how we choose to deal with life and whether we are in the drivers seat or a victim to our circumstances. I believe we are meant to live the life we want but getting to that road is not always easy and be quite lonely. It takes a lot to own that you have been responsible for a lot in your life but it also gives you the power to change it.

Now pertaining to negativity and physical manifestation. I def believe there's a link. Cancer is not a fungi so Idk what malarky that reader is saying. Cancer is quite complicated and different types manifest/develop different ways. Im not going to get into the science behind it here but it way more complicated than just negativity building up. Now i do believe that emotional trauma can manifest physically which why stress causes so many problems. I do believe people who are constantly feeding into the negativity of their lives and building off that that it can later manifest as physical symptoms.

I don't believe in luck. Luck is subjective. If you have good health and all your body parts, consider yourself lucky. There's nothing good about getting everything you want handed to you on a silver platter because none of that builds character. Character isn't built when everything is easy. Its the challenges that we look back and thank because it changed us and made us into who we are. Everything looks easy on the outside because noone knows what anyone is going through. Luck is subjective based on who sees it. Two people can get the same job and one will be unhappy because its not what they wanted and another will feel lucky because they have one and can put food on the table. It all comes down to mindset. The more you open your hands and say thank you for even the little you have the more you get.

Thanks again for the contribution and personal views. I've never been a sciency person so this was all new to me and was curious on what people had to say on here about that side of things.

What you say about what we do in this life, (if that's true) that is really unfair! I could have been a murderer in my last life but me, now, I hate evil people and would never (obviously) consider such a thing, so why should I be punished for what I did in my last life?

I agree about conditioning and common sense. If you grow up you can decide to make the most of life even from a shitty childhood or go down a path of being on drugs, using and abusing others etc. Life is what you make of it. I've never believed we happened to be born into a childhood of happiness or abuse. I've read many stories online where kids have gone to their mother's and said that they chose them before being born. I would say that in a weird twist of events we do choose the parents and lessons, paths before we come onto this plane and that's probably why some children are born into horrific circumstances.

I do believe in luck, like some people try to be good people and happy people but get dealt with a shitty hand at life and others are very lucky and don't have many problems in their life. But like you said it's all about mindset, too. When things go wrong for me I always try to say to myself that maybe there was a reason. I know someone who became homeless and they had to go through a shitty phase to then get their own place, own independence and freedom. So at first they thought, why me? Why did I become homeless? To looking back and unraveling the good ending.

There's nothing good about getting everything you want handed to you on a silver platter because none of that builds character. Character isn't built when everything is easy. Its the challenges that we look back and thank because it changed us and made us into who we are. Everything looks easy on the outside because noone knows what anyone is going through.

And I completely agree on this part. I would rather have experienced shitty things in life than have a great life and boom. One day something shit hits the fan and I'm f#cked and no clue what to do. With having shitty situations comes experience and knowledge.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:03:06 PM by Star_01 »

Offline Star_01

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 02:10:03 PM »
I love posts like this, it’s so interesting to think about. And there’s no right or wrong answer to it.  My stance on it literally changes daily though. I like to believe everything happens for a reason and that these hard times that we go through will all mean something someday. Looking back, I did learn from past experiences and they have brought me to where I am but was it really worth it? Would my life really be that much different had those things not happened?

The cancer thing is also a good example. I follow this mother who lost her 3 year old to cancer and I just can’t think of any logical reasoning behind something like that happening. Surely he didn’t have to suffer to bring awareness when there’s thousands of kids just like him that die every year.

The synchronization stuff really sparks my interest. I swear this happens all the time to me and it leaves me so confused.

And if reincarnation is real, I hate the past life version of me. How dare she lol

Lol I agree. I must have been an evil person in my past life,  I'm telling you!

That's so sad about the son dying. Sometimes death and grieving in a sad twist of ways brings other good things out of a situation. So for example you said you follow her, I'm guessing she is a blogger ? When something tragic happens, sometimes it makes you appreciate the good things in life too or to meet others who are suffering with loss of child and see the bloggers page. Like LadyA said, if we didn't have challenges in life we wouldn't learn or gain experience, that's the whole point of life. And some people have awful things happen to them but this mother could have used her son's tragic death and made something good out of it somehow, or had like an epiphany of learning about life and philosophical ways of it. I do think things happen on purpose, but life can be a bitch and tragic awful things can happen, and sometimes we get an answer as to why it happened and sometimes we don't, sadly, or we have to figure out for ourselves.

Offline Girly1998

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »

Lol I agree. I must have been an evil person in my past life,  I'm telling you!

That's so sad about the son dying. Sometimes death and grieving in a sad twist of ways brings other good things out of a situation. So for example you said you follow her, I'm guessing she is a blogger ? When something tragic happens, sometimes it makes you appreciate the good things in life too or to meet others who are suffering with loss of child and see the bloggers page. Like LadyA said, if we didn't have challenges in life we wouldn't learn or gain experience, that's the whole point of life. And some people have awful things happen to them but this mother could have used her son's tragic death and made something good out of it somehow, or had like an epiphany of learning about life and philosophical ways of it. I do think things happen on purpose, but life can be a bitch and tragic awful things can happen, and sometimes we get an answer as to why it happened and sometimes we don't, sadly, or we have to figure out for ourselves.

Yeah, she’s a blogger. Taylor Swift actually wrote a song about her son which was very neat. She definitely has helped other parents going through the same thing and even just her outlook of things have helped me. She’s a very interesting person. But she’s also a firm believer in things happening with no real reason. That she knew how lucky she was and all this other stuff you’re supposed to learn from life before she had lost him.

But at the same time, another person can go through something tragic like she did and nothing “good” could come of it. They could lose their child and just live the remainder of their life in a dark haze and hate their life. I think it’s a choice. Bad things just happen and you choose how you’re going to respond to it.

ladya

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 03:21:07 PM »

Thanks again for the contribution and personal views. I've never been a sciency person so this was all new to me and was curious on what people had to say on here about that side of things.

What you say about what we do in this life, (if that's true) that is really unfair! I could have been a murderer in my last life but me, now, I hate evil people and would never (obviously) consider such a thing, so why should I be punished for what I did in my last life?

I agree about conditioning and common sense. If you grow up you can decide to make the most of life even from a shitty childhood or go down a path of being on drugs, using and abusing others etc. Life is what you make of it. I've never believed we happened to be born into a childhood of happiness or abuse. I've read many stories online where kids have gone to their mother's and said that they chose them before being born. I would say that in a weird twist of events we do choose the parents and lessons, paths before we come onto this plane and that's probably why some children are born into horrific circumstances.

I do believe in luck, like some people try to be good people and happy people but get dealt with a shitty hand at life and others are very lucky and don't have many problems in their life. But like you said it's all about mindset, too. When things go wrong for me I always try to say to myself that maybe there was a reason. I know someone who became homeless and they had to go through a shitty phase to then get their own place, own independence and freedom. So at first they thought, why me? Why did I become homeless? To looking back and unraveling the good ending.

There's nothing good about getting everything you want handed to you on a silver platter because none of that builds character. Character isn't built when everything is easy. Its the challenges that we look back and thank because it changed us and made us into who we are. Everything looks easy on the outside because noone knows what anyone is going through.

And I completely agree on this part. I would rather have experienced shitty things in life than have a great life and boom. One day something shit hits the fan and I'm f#cked and no clue what to do. With having shitty situations comes experience and knowledge.

I agree with a lot that you said. One thing i just want to say is the notion about how people try to be good people or try to do good things but get used and abused. See there's a difference between doing out of lack and doing out of abundance. Many people do nice things for people because either they want to be accepted, loved, think maybe they'll get something in return. If there's a reason behind doing good might as well not do it because it won't bring positivity but can actually just bring in more negativity and people who use you. Very few people can do something and not want anything in return or even have that thought cross their mind.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 04:02:58 PM »
Girly1998: I agree, I think you have the choice in life to stay strong and keep fighting through life or give up and become depressed, unhappy barely living your life. Perhaps lessons are sent to people to make them but it can break them and maybe if they do not learn lessons in this life it may be repeated again in the next life? I don't know it's sooo complicated with so many questions.

LadyA: I know what you're saying, people who are dogooders tend to want things in return and leaves them to be vulnerable and attract not so great people who are abusive or users. I was meaning in the sense that you must have met people in life who were good people, happy or had happy childhoods and they had a really unfortunate life. So what that reader says about people having a bad childhood will have traumas and be insecure it really is common sense but I've seen good people go into a life of crime and people who grew up in not so great situations better themselves and I think sometimes we can't control having lots of bad spells, we just can control how we deal with them or letting them rule our lives. Like the lady Girly1998 was talking about who lost her son, that was really bad luck that she couldn't control but by being a blogger and helping others she chose to turn her life around and not go into depression, drinking, drugs etc.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 04:24:28 PM »
I believe the ultimate purpose of life is to individuate. In the highest realms we experience an immense oneness and connection with all that is. In this realm we experience separation so we can know ourselves more clearly as individuals. Each divine being has multiple lives that branch out from the oversoul and overlap sychronistically with each other in time. Each individual life has a set of innate charateristics and influences that distinguish them as unique. The purpose is to experience who we are in a variety of different circumstances. As we do this we learn how to be true to ourselves and our own unique connection to source energy. If it was easy there would be no need to experience this but in reality it is very challenging. Different lives are chosen to focus on particular challenges. For instance if one of your innate soul characteristics is to be very trusting, that is a beautiful quality and one that is natural in the higher realms of experience. But within the layers of density and separation of the Earth plane, it may obviously present a lot of difficulties. A variety of experiences would be necessary to temper this characteristic of trust, to learn how to balance trust of others with trust of self. If an individual finds that this quality is problematic within a particular life, and it is not able to be resolved in that set of circumstances, other lives may be created to work through that in different circumstances. Those other lives could be in the future, the past, or even concurrent within linear time. All incarnations cross reference and influence each other dynamically across time, so each can benefit from the diverse experiences of other selves. But each individual life is sacrosanct. Your choices are your own and you are never subject to the choices made by a different self in another life. Karma is not sequential, it is an energetic pattern and eventual transcendance of that pattern.

Thanks for your input, ST. I like the way you put things.

I too believe that we all have our own lessons to learn on this earth, I already know what some of mine are, but stupidly am not resolving them which is why I think they keep returning and returning to me until they are done. It's like failing exams until you pass, I think we all have our own experiences and lessons definitely that we need to go through and I do believe in "set" lessons and experiences we have to go through, and probably when we pass over it is explained or we become wise to why we met X who was such a dick to us because they came to teach us Y lesson. Like you said, if life were easy and there were no hardships, life would be boring and pointless as we need challenges and difficulties even though at the time - we may not understand why. Karma also comes in to play of teaching us lessons and making us realise our mistakes and what we could have done better. The problem is many people want someone to suffer karma instantaneously, but sometimes it waits a while until the perfect time and the person may not be around to see it unfold.

Offline username1111

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »
The meaning of life:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085959/

:)

Offline Star_01

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 08:07:21 PM »
I believe the ultimate purpose of life is to individuate. In the highest realms we experience an immense oneness and connection with all that is. In this realm we experience separation so we can know ourselves more clearly as individuals. Each divine being has multiple lives that branch out from the oversoul and overlap sychronistically with each other in time. Each individual life has a set of innate charateristics and influences that distinguish them as unique. The purpose is to experience who we are in a variety of different circumstances. As we do this we learn how to be true to ourselves and our own unique connection to source energy. If it was easy there would be no need to experience this but in reality it is very challenging. Different lives are chosen to focus on particular challenges. For instance if one of your innate soul characteristics is to be very trusting, that is a beautiful quality and one that is natural in the higher realms of experience. But within the layers of density and separation of the Earth plane, it may obviously present a lot of difficulties. A variety of experiences would be necessary to temper this characteristic of trust, to learn how to balance trust of others with trust of self. If an individual finds that this quality is problematic within a particular life, and it is not able to be resolved in that set of circumstances, other lives may be created to work through that in different circumstances. Those other lives could be in the future, the past, or even concurrent within linear time. All incarnations cross reference and influence each other dynamically across time, so each can benefit from the diverse experiences of other selves. But each individual life is sacrosanct. Your choices are your own and you are never subject to the choices made by a different self in another life. Karma is not sequential, it is an energetic pattern and eventual transcendance of that pattern.

Thanks for your input, ST. I like the way you put things.

I too believe that we all have our own lessons to learn on this earth, I already know what some of mine are, but stupidly am not resolving them which is why I think they keep returning and returning to me until they are done. It's like failing exams until you pass, I think we all have our own experiences and lessons definitely that we need to go through and I do believe in "set" lessons and experiences we have to go through, and probably when we pass over it is explained or we become wise to why we met X who was such a dick to us because they came to teach us Y lesson. Like you said, if life were easy and there were no hardships, life would be boring and pointless as we need challenges and difficulties even though at the time - we may not understand why. Karma also comes in to play of teaching us lessons and making us realise our mistakes and what we could have done better. The problem is many people want someone to suffer karma instantaneously, but sometimes it waits a while until the perfect time and the person may not be around to see it unfold.

I can so relate on having certain lessons keep coming up over and over. I look at it as having multiple opportunities to see a choice from different angles and make a better decision. It just takes "time" to manifest different scenarios. Karma is not so much about right or wrong, and definitely not about being punished even though it can feel that way sometimes. A lot of times, good intentions can be our downfall; as the saying goes they pave the road to hell. If life was easy, there would be no need to experience much of it. Being in a body and experiencing life through a singular viewpoint is hard. Multiple lives add to the library of experience, so there is always potential to tap into that and take a different perspective. It helps to keep us from feeling trapped within one perspective. In some time or place we have been, seen, or done it all.

Yes I believe that in the afterlife we get to see why certain things happened and what the purpose was. It's not always what we would assume it to be either. Especially between people who have hurt each other. Karma is sometimes thought of as a game where people go tit-for-tat trying to get each other back for things. I believe that is rare. More often a similar situation plays out multiple times until the people involved learn to move past it. Sometimes we choose to let others hurt us so they can learn, and learn it from someone who loves them. Sometimes they show us how we hurt ourselves in ways we never would have noticed otherwise.

Both of the exes I got readings about, obliquely taught me a lot about how I was stifling myself in a job I hated and not following my impulses towards something that would make me happier. They both demonstrated behavior that I judged as irrational and ironically I descended into utterly irrational behavior by trying to logically analyze their behavior with readings. If I had accepted my own irrationality I would have allowed myself to make changes in my life that at the time I saw as unacceptable. I learned that it is okay to be irrational, because sometimes our instincts know things ahead of what the logical mind can understand. My second ex in particular had a tendency to want to escape when he felt anxiety. That was essentially what led to our break up. I keep thinking I could reason with his anxiety and calm him down. I did that with the other guy too. The first ex relied on me for it and the second ex resented me. What I never realized was how to appreciate, validate, or value the emotions they were feeling that seemed so irrational to me. I was unable to do that for myself and I was constantly trying to talk myself out of what I was feeling. I did that for years forcing myself to stay in my job even though I was miserable and my instincts kept telling me to get out. When I was getting readings it was like I was finally able to let myself indulge all of the irrational feelings and impulses I had and talk through them with someone. I was a glutton for getting that validation. I was also very fearful of what would happen if I acted on my real feelings. I kept projecting that one ex or the other was holding back and not acting on their real feelings, when all along it was me and it really had little to do with my relationship with either of them. It was more about me and how I was holding myself back in other areas of my life. I judged my exes deep down because they were both unemployed and I saw that as unfortunate. I am now working on becoming self-employed, that's not to say I won't take a job agan but if I do, I won't be stuffing all my real thoughts and feelings down in order to show up every day.

That's a good point about lessons coming back to us and learning from different angles, that could well be possible, also.

With regards to karma, I've definitely seen a person be punished for their wrongdoings. My ex who was very violent and abusive to me, manipulative and nasty moved over here from abroad to go into a certain area of work. He was quite spoilt and got helped out lots by his parents, but whatever way or however way he tried to get into that area of work he failed quite miserably and didn't succeed. This was mostly after we split. The last tipping point was he did a huge project and put it live on platforms for it to embarrassingly not go well and in the end he flew back to his country where it is hard to get into that area of work, hence why he moved here. He even told others that that area not working out for him was his karma for the way he had been behaving and it was the type of karma where I didn't laugh in his face or anything of that sort, I left karma to get one up on him and deliver the kick up his backside. But because he is abusive he probably still hasn't made the link of his actions and gone into "poor me" mode.

I definitely think we can be a part of someone else's lessons too like they are for us. I'm sure you have met guys or been involved in situations with people where you could have made an impact or influence on them yourself, they just may not be open to admitting or realising it straight away. For example with your exes, they taught you to look at your career and how it made you unhappy/wasn't right for you, when you probably were only busy at the time about wanting to see if they would return. I do hope you're in a better place with your career now, and I wish you the best of luck with your self-employment.  :)

Offline Star_01

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 03:51:14 PM »
I definitely think we can be a part of someone else's lessons too like they are for us. I'm sure you have met guys or been involved in situations with people where you could have made an impact or influence on them yourself, they just may not be open to admitting or realising it straight away. For example with your exes, they taught you to look at your career and how it made you unhappy/wasn't right for you, when you probably were only busy at the time about wanting to see if they would return. I do hope you're in a better place with your career now, and I wish you the best of luck with your self-employment.  :)

Thank you! Yes at the time I was busy focusing on my exs and other things in my life besides work. Neither of them taught me that much in a positive sense, lol. One ex was very critical of me and pushed me to quit my job. He was right but he was too pushy and I just wasn't ready for it. And it was part of his pattern of verbal abuse so in a sense he may have made me more resistant to leaving my job. He had quit a job where he was making decent money and I thought that was very irresponsible. It was hard to turn my perspective around because it seemed like he was so wrong about everything. It's hard to listen to people who are mean. But in the end I realize he did have my best interests at heart even if he was a jerk about it. It just took so many years for me to live through it and see what happened with my job. My other ex was the only person in a long time who encouraged me to get back to playing music. That meant a lot to me. Then he basically destroyed that with the way he treated me later. It's so hard to sort out the good and bad with people who have abusive behavior.

I don't believe karma is a punishment, though that is indeed how it works on some people. But it doesn't necessarily bring us what we deserve. It just brings the natural result of what we choose. Sometimes people choose to punish themselves.

No problem. It's strange because they came in and taught you lessons or gave good advice in the beginning, but the way they went about things aswell as the toxic relationship itself wasn't healthy. It's kind of like you need to piece parts together yourself and the yin yang kinda affect where there is good in bad and bad in the good. People who aren't good for you in any relationship kind of sense (whether boyfriend, family or friends) usually are the ones who teach you the best lessons unfortunately lol.

anything