Author Topic: How do you know when a reader blocks you?  (Read 2158 times)

Offline _sydney_vicious_

How do you know when a reader blocks you?
« on: October 04, 2019, 12:39:02 AM »
I’ve been trying to speak with a specific advisor all day (never spoken to her) but haven’t been able to get a hold of Hebron her waitlist etc. That was a few hours ago. I see that she’s online right now but when I try and hit the chat button it says the advisor isn’t available when she clearly is. I refreshed the page and it doesn’t know her as busy. I tried the chat again but it keeps saying she’s not available.

Does this mean they blocked me? I can still see their profile and I can see them on my favorites list too.

Offline midwest60

Re: How do you know when a reader blocks you?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 01:17:58 AM »
I would send a note to customer service and see if they can contact the advisor. It might be a tech issue. If it is not, then they will tell you the advisor blocked you.

There was a reader on Keen who blocked me and I never even chatted or spoke with her. I would get on her call or chat list but then roll off. You can roll off a chat list if you have 0 funds, but I had funds. So, I sent an email to customer service and they let me know she blocked me.

I ended up finding out that the reader also worked outside of Keen and contacted her through that means. I never eluded to her that she had blocked me on Keen.  Wish I would have just let it be as she turned out to be a real loon!

Offline maggs30

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 01:51:30 AM »
You can also try to send mail to that reader. Just send something like I was wanting to know what your availability times are for readings. If the mail goes through you are not blocked. If you are blocked it will tell you.

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 02:58:34 AM »
You can also try to send mail to that reader. Just send something like I was wanting to know what your availability times are for readings. If the mail goes through you are not blocked. If you are blocked it will tell you.

Thank you I will definitely try that out :)

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 03:01:27 AM »
I would send a note to customer service and see if they can contact the advisor. It might be a tech issue. If it is not, then they will tell you the advisor blocked you.

There was a reader on Keen who blocked me and I never even chatted or spoke with her. I would get on her call or chat list but then roll off. You can roll off a chat list if you have 0 funds, but I had funds. So, I sent an email to customer service and they let me know she blocked me.

I ended up finding out that the reader also worked outside of Keen and contacted her through that means. I never eluded to her that she had blocked me on Keen.  Wish I would have just let it be as she turned out to be a real loon!

Oh geez. The same thing you were dealing with in regards to the roll off is happening to me too despite funds being in there already. I don’t know if it’s a tech issue since I was able to almost chat with another advisor with zero issues. I’ll try to reach out to customer service though and see that they say. It’s kind of a bummer because I really wanted a reading from her since she has a ton of good reviews

Offline honeybee28

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 10:22:01 PM »
The way I can tell is that when you try to call/chat with an advisor, it brings to an error page that says the advisor is unavailable and invites you to "try many of our other advisors!!" something like that. Also if you're using your laptop/desktop, it'll show the word "blocked" in the web address. Also! If you try and ping them it doesn't go through (though, I think this could be incorrect because the advisor has to have ping set up first in order to receive pings, but I do know that if they blocked you, you can 't ping them)

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 11:55:15 PM »
The way I can tell is that when you try to call/chat with an advisor, it brings to an error page that says the advisor is unavailable and invites you to "try many of our other advisors!!" something like that. Also if you're using your laptop/desktop, it'll show the word "blocked" in the web address. Also! If you try and ping them it doesn't go through (though, I think this could be incorrect because the advisor has to have ping set up first in order to receive pings, but I do know that if they blocked you, you can 't ping them)

Thank you! That’s exactly what happened when I would try to chat the advisor but since I was using the app it didn’t show blocked and just the error message. I haven’t seen this advisor online since so I believe there’s a chance I may be blocked. Not sure why she’d do that since I’ve never spoken to her