Author Topic: Ramblings  (Read 1001 times)

Offline supreME19

Ramblings
« on: September 22, 2019, 08:37:07 PM »
I’ve been a member here for not so long, yet I’ve been an avid psychic-holic for many years!

I wanted to share my spiritual journey and what I’ve learned through the years.  Other than spending my money on this habit. I initially was introduced to tarot reading in JHS when a friend received tarot cards for his birthday.  He started reading his friends.  Reluctant at first, because you were always told it was evil, I gave it a try.  It seemed pretty cool.  And there it was, my first exposure to tarots at the age of 13.

During the beginning of my psychic journey, I did get scammed.  Although, I didn’t really know it at first, I eventually figured it out.  After spending over 1k, that is!!  I was around 18 at that time. Just started college and was definitely gullible and an easy prey. She had approached me as I was about to go on the train. I was unhappy with life. However, what 18 year old isn’t???  She went to say the usual scam artist lines , “someone put a curse on your family and you are the only one who can lift it”.  I believed it.  Hoping that in the end I get to be united with the love I was supposed to have.  I eventually stopped the sessions with her, because I felt she was a fraud.  I don’t think I was naïve, per se.  It was more that I didn’t want to say no; or how to rather.  However, I learned after that and had stayed away from psychics for a few years. 

The way that I explained it to people, who I rarely share this aspect of my life, is that you’re so desperate to hear that there is nothing wrong with you. You cling on to hope that the situation that you’re in is temporary or that it was beyond your control! That it isn’t your fault at all.  Through these thoughts, you’re willing to listen to anyone, even if it sounds absurd.

Did I learn anything from this? Yes. To never tell anyone that I got scammed! Lol

In all seriousness, it made me a lot more selective in who I read and don’t read with.  ANYONE who tells you that you have a curse, is a mother effin’ liar.  However, I’m sure that everyone already knew that.  Not all psychics are trying to be helpful.  They only see $$ from you.  Which I find wrong. Especially since psychics are sought after usually when a person is in a tough spot.  You’re going to go through challenging times in your life, but always know that it will pass.

I also felt that I needed to go through this inorder for me to not go to so many readers. I realize now that I need to work on myself as opposed to go looking for some quick fix solutions. I’m still a work in progress.  Don’t get me wrong, I did go on an ETSY reader binge a couple months back.  (My etsy reader review will be a future post).  Its been over 15 years since I got scammed, and I still remember this as if it was yesterday. Hoping that if this had happened to you, that you don't feel alone. 

TL; DR : Scammed by psychic at 18 bc I was a typical teenager, going through teenage stuff. Learned from experience. Still go to psychics now, but selective.  Learn to trust instincts.

P.S. - To anyone who may ask how much I gave.  I think I spent $1800. For three payments of $600. Not including the initial reading price, which was probably $30.  She also asked me to get her a bouquet of a dozen white roses, to put at the altar.  It was this that made me question if she was real. LOL Not the $$ part, but for the flowers.  ;D

Offline supreME19

Re: Ramblings
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 08:44:48 PM »
Damn I think I had a net worth of 20 bucks at 18!

LOL! wait! i didnt have the $$ either.  I need to add this to the original post.

Might I add that this is why I had credit card debt at the age of 18.  I ended up taking a cash advance from a CC and used that money for this scam.  Needless to say, my $5.75/hour job didn't help pay off the CC.  I was in debt for along time.  :-[