Author Topic: My point of view  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Loulou

My point of view
« on: September 19, 2019, 11:50:42 PM »

I have been having readings now for around 10 years, i have found it increasingly interesting to watch the feedback on here range from euphoric to dissing a psychic and trying to make them look underhand.

I have realised the best way to get results after years of readings and just want to share this with you.   The reality is that psychics don’t have all the answers, not because they are not good psychics but because of the expectations of some of those getting readings.

I hope this list helps, I am not going to mention any specific psychic but I will say that i stay away from Keen and large platforms and err towards private readers who seem to be more ethical.  This is only my point of view and I just want to see people manage their expectations better and realise that if you manage the way you have readings you will have better luck.

This worked for me and after 10 years of readings I realised that I have had so many predictions happen over the last 5 when I changed my expectations and stop being so needy.

Ask for a general reading and let the psychic pick up what they want to start with
Don’t give them too much information
listen don’t talk
Don’t ask questions too early and don’t ask too many pointed questions you will only find that psychics get it wrong.   They don’t all have the ability to pull yes or no answers out of the air and if they are not giving you that information then you are not meant to have it
Keep an open mind, one of the biggest lessons I learnt was that I assumed what a reader was saying was about a particular situation or person, often when I read back it wasnt at all
Don’t just listen to what you want to hear about a certain person.  what a waste of money to concentrate on one topic in a reading that may or may not be relevant to the rest of your life
Record your readings if you can the stuff really good psychics say not related or in passing is usually the gold
Listen and listen and listen and listen some more  psychics speak in a cryptic way sometimes if you cannot work it out then you should just stop getting readings
no psychic can get 1 hour or even 30 minutes of details about one person nobody if they are doing that then they are con artists
Let go of timing immediately the more you cling to it the more it will move and the more you will be disappointed
Dont correct a psychic, unless of course they are telling you something you are 100% dead cert you know the answer.  You are ruining them for insight, if they tell you something that you think is wrong such as Tommy has a girlfriend, don’t assume you know that Tommy doesnt have a girlfriend.   I used to correct psychics all the time, it would change the reading and I would waste my money, Tommy had a girlfriend and I didn’t want to hear it.
Stop assuming psychics are looking up your information.  This is a big one for me.   I only use private readers and the information I have been given would make your toes curl.   Never has a psychic looked up my information as there is none to find and the really good psychics know stuff that would blow your mind.  That is how we know they are good.
Be realistic about what they are saying, psychics can build hope that is unattainable and the euphoric feeling is often followed by deep lows.  This is not good for anyones mental health
Be realistic also about the questions you are asking, and listen to their advice.  I found that the advice I was given on how to handle situations as the psychic had insight into the persons personality is what helped me more than anything.   
Not all psychics have your best interest at heart they have their bank balance in mind more than anything
Sadly I have seen on here that so many excellent readers have been badly treated and scared by the comments and feedback because people make assumptions.  It is often for me the ones that have been the most help and I feel that if you kept an open mind many people would see it too.

I am not encouraging anyone to get readings but I just found that these things for me helped me manage myself and the readers I chose as well as the situation.  I don’t recommend anyone in particular but I do recommend you stay away from platforms.   The choice is ultimately yours, This is only my personal experience and understanding that I have come to over the years.

Offline RPLguy

Re: My point of view
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 01:21:43 AM »
Well said and thank you.

Yaz88

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 01:27:36 AM »
Excellent words of wisdom!  Thank you for sharing, Loulou. I couldn’t agree more with you about staying away from the platforms.  In my experience, the instant gratification the platforms provide,  fuel a very sick and addictive cycle.  Anything done on impulse usually is a really bad idea that certainly doesn’t help a situation.

Offline Bean82

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 01:33:39 AM »
Love this. Thank you for sharing. Excellent advice.

Offline username1111

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 11:43:33 PM »
Refreshing read and a lot I do agree with! :)

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 04:18:22 PM »
Let go of timing immediately the more you cling to it the more it will move and the more you will be disappointed

I can’t stress this point enough!!! I feel like I read so many reviews regarding how the timing was off and just because of that the psychic may be a fraud. That’s not true at all. Timing is tricky and can always change. If you’re holding onto the timing instead of the end result, it may delay it or not even happen. The best thing to do is focus on the overall outcome. What’s meant to be will happen whether it’s tomorrow or one month from now. With that being said I also think it’s important for the psychics to tell their client, “Hey look, timing isn’t always guaranteed since that’s one of the harder things to predict but I do see your POI coming back later this year.” Otherwise I feel like too many people get disappointed when things don’t happen within a certain timeframe.

Offline Loulou

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 09:48:57 PM »
Totally agree.   As I said this worked for me, but it might not work for everyone.  I’m 10 years into getting readings and thought I’d offer hindsight from my view alone.

Your points are valid too

All of these things sound like good advice in general, but there are a lot of different things that can go wrong with readings where as a client you cannot manage or control the way it goes. Even the best psychics who tell you mind blowing things can still get things wrong, or give advice that is not right for you. I would advise everyone to trust yourself, above any other suggestion. If you feel like something is off with a reading, trust that. Keeping an open mind to what psychics have to say is very risky.

Sadly I have seen on here that so many excellent readers have been badly treated and scared by the comments and feedback because people make assumptions.  It is often for me the ones that have been the most help and I feel that if you kept an open mind many people would see it too.

Hmmn well I don't know what readers you are talking about or how they got badly treated. Here's the thing, a psychic can be really helpful for one person and also be awful for someone else. Some of that may be subjective and yes if you kept an open mind you might see it a different way. But our subjective perspective is part of who we are, our experiences, preferences, and so on. It's important to honor that and not throw it aside for sake of keeping an open mind. Those psychics who helped you could be genuinely bad for someone else. There's also the possibility that you haven't yet seen the full impact on your life of those readings.

It's very difficult to manage all of the expectations and emotions that are stirred up by psychic readings. It's so easy to say things like, be realistic, but being realistic it doesn't always work that way.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 10:32:54 PM »
All of these things sound like good advice in general, but there are a lot of different things that can go wrong with readings where as a client you cannot manage or control the way it goes. Even the best psychics who tell you mind blowing things can still get things wrong, or give advice that is not right for you. I would advise everyone to trust yourself, above any other suggestion. If you feel like something is off with a reading, trust that. Keeping an open mind to what psychics have to say is very risky.

Hmmn well I don't know what readers you are talking about or how they got badly treated. Here's the thing, a psychic can be really helpful for one person and also be awful for someone else. Some of that may be subjective and yes if you kept an open mind you might see it a different way. But our subjective perspective is part of who we are, our experiences, preferences, and so on. It's important to honor that and not throw it aside for sake of keeping an open mind. Those psychics who helped you could be genuinely bad for someone else. There's also the possibility that you haven't yet seen the full impact on your life of those readings.

It's very difficult to manage all of the expectations and emotions that are stirred up by psychic readings. It's so easy to say things like, be realistic, but being realistic it doesn't always work that way.

I totally agree with this. I've been on the receiving end and witnessed others who got overly defensive of a reader because that reader was good for them, but maybe not for me or someone else. There are 2 sides to every story and one person may well have had a shitty experience with a reader regardless of if someone else has or hasn't, readers can be a good reader but an unethical and bad person or not be gifted and be unpleasant but for one or two people happened to strike lucky. That being said, readers I'm sure have had unpleasant things said or accused about them and that is unfair behaviour if untrue and can be quite damaging. Usually if it's 1 person or 2 people it can sometimes be put down to trouble making or not liking what they had to hear, but when multiples of people are saying the same comments on a reader it's hard to trust that reader. I will say that I have witnessed some pretty shitty and underhand behaviour either by myself or people have contacted me privately feeling uncomfortable to speak up about top readers mentioned on here and some readers manage to get away with alot of sneaky behaviour. I personally believe if a reader abuses a gift that they have they lose it and as much as boards like these are hated by psychics sometimes the boards are good karma for dodgy readers to lose business which sometimes they genuinely deserve. We all have witnessed a user get way too defensive of a reader that they like just because the reader has scored well for them, and we all have to remember that they are readers and one may connect well to some and not for others. It's all well and good saying don't assume a reader searches you up online but I think after recent events it's better and safer to be careful and reserved, and if multiple users are coming forth with proof they can't all be lying surely.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:51:22 PM by Star_01 »