Author Topic: Hello everyone I am new here  (Read 11337 times)

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
Hello everyone I am new here
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:05:54 PM by Nottakingthebait »

Offline 4everhopeful

Re: Hello everyone I am new here
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 12:54:13 PM »
Welcome Kickingthehabit, and I must say I love your name. I too am kicking the habit of calling psychics and I am using my money for fun things and useful things now. Things that make me feel better than any psychic reading ever did. I dont even have the urge to call psychics anymore. Nothing of significance ever came true, in fact things only moved in the opposite direction for me and for some of my friends.  This forum is great to get honest feedback and know that most readings just dont hit the mark. They sound good during the reading but Ive started to see that most are general information that we connect to something in our lives. Things like "he was heartbroken by a woman in the past".... Well duh, most men and women have suffered heartbreak so thats a general observation. Also the "he is scared of his feelings"..... Hmmmm, if a man is scared of his feelings then he isnt ready for that relationship or he doesnt love the woman enough to share his life with her. These psychics can no more see the future than I can. They feed us bs and give probabilities and possibilities and we lap them up as future predictions. Then we crash and burn and cry our eyes out because a timeline comes and goes.
I have finally looked at the information that is in front of me and realized that I have wasted too much money for therapy with the psychics. That what it boils down to is someone to talk to about our problems and heartbreak. Come here and vent and get the emotional support from those of us that have gone through the same things and its free. Then take yourself out to dinner or get your nails done or whatever makes you feel good.
Sign me...Finally got smart and stopped the madness. :)

TimeHeals

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
I agree with ALL that you said 4everhopeful. Some of the keen advisors I spoke with, although there have been a few that were somewhat ok with predicting contact with someone, but usually not within a timeframe specified:

Jagger - horrible reader, expensive, and wrong on all accounts
Astrobeams
Helga Morrow
The Lady Raven
Michael ####- he had numbers after his name, don't remember them
Lollie
thequeen34
Elizabeth Hart
Sandy Esther - specifically told me my guy & me would never be together again, wound up him proposing, getting engaged to him
Tarot Reader Emmy- basically said same as SE
Readings by Michelle
Cynthia Pierce-initially, I thought she was right about something, turns out after time she was not
Sterling Granite
Sandy somethingorother - speaks with a british accent
Brutal Truth
Maria Pearlman
Psychic Channa
Psychic Spy
Lisa?? Moran - forget what her first name is, last name is Moran
Mamaana
AllMyAngles
Doc
Lily Holiday
LadyAshley15
Look No Further
Cindy Joy
Astro Wing
Psychic Jada
Angel Trinity
OceanBreeze Tarot
Kelly's Tarot
Ezra Gardner - strange guy, just agreed with whatever i said
MsProphettess - didnt give any answers, just told me to make a vision board, and do basically what it says in The Secret.
Lamplighter Jack - did say back when that something significant would happen, and it did - so, don't know if that was a fluke or what.
and a lot of others that I just can't remember at this time. All these readers were very nice over the phone, and had lots of great feedback, but just plain wrong about long term stuff, the important stuff, except Jack. Some I called years ago about relationship issue, but some I called as recently as Nov/Dec., not about a relationship issue. I think they like saying they specialize in relationship issues, because they know that they can get away with the whole free will thing. But I called about non-relationship issues - called regarding the sale of some real estate - was told June, July, August, Sept, Oct, NOv, Dec, all these dates obviously came and went.

Offline wishfulthinker

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 03:05:26 PM »
Wow, timeheals - when I was going through your list I got a knot in my stomach.  I have read with so many advisors also.  Not that many on this particular list, but too many to count.  The thing for me is, almost all of the advisors pick up the incredible chemistry and friendship between me and my friend, but the outcomes are all over the map.  How can they all see so many different things?  The time frames are from the present to 3 years out.  Recently I went to my CP account and was going through my readings.  I just wanted to cry.  The minimum amount I've spend has been $35 for a reading.  How many times I have added more while I'm on the phone with an advisor. 
The strange thing is - when I go through my notes, the most important information almost always comes in the first of the reading.  At least that seems to be the case for me.
A side note:  I had a reading with Richard from Contact Psychics  two weeks ago.  It was a very, very negative reading and nothing that he was saying was resonating with me.  My friend is not an evil person as he was betraying him to be.  I called their customer service department as soon as I got off the phone.  They said they would see about a refund (as least another reading with someone else).  I have e-mailed three times and called twice and nothing yet. 

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »
That looks like my Hollywood Psychics list! Some nights I'd call 3,4,5 psychics looking for the one that made me feel the best. One actually kept telling me not to call so often, told me a story of a women who had spent over 3K and was in huge financial trouble because of it. I never told her I was probably at the 2K mark at that point! And that was over a year before I stopped calling. I kept telling myself that if they were right and we got back together it would all be worth it, but none of it ever happened.

On Keen I kept myself to the cheaper readers. Some I picked because they claimed to tell the cold harsh truth and got reviews saying the same. 99% of them still fed me the same fairytale so I kept calling of course.

I remember being so excited last summer that I had a special offer from CP where I could buy a block of time for 70% off! Don't remember how much I spent, probably over $100 and got over $400 worth of time. When I used that I added more of course. And OMG I talked to Dave TWICE in 2010, talk about expensive.

I closed my Keen account yesterday!

Wishful, I've never read with Contact Psychics, sorry you are having a hard time with a refund. I never knew they were possible till I found this site! I had to fight with AskNow on a scammer and that was the only time I tried.

TimeHeals

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »
@wishfullthinker: Well, to tell you how utterly pathetic I really was, there are a lot more I could add to the list - just would need time to remember them all, and a lot of them I just blocked, because they would constantly send me emails, so they would be on my blocked list in my keen email. And yes, some have a knack for telling you about people around you - but I compare that to that video someone posted on here - 'cold reading' - where everyone saw something in the guy's reading that they could apply to themselves - and all his readings were the same for everyone in his test group.

Just a point of interest:
I did see a tarot reader at an event once, about 2 years ago, and she told me the person having the reading actually has to touch the deck before the reading, in order to connect, for accuracy. I don't know if this is true or not, just what she said so take it for what its worth.

I never particularly liked to use tarot readers, but so many on keen use it.

Offline LiveLaughLove

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:29 PM »
But what to you do when in your heart and gut you know the person is who your suppose to be with?

My reading with peej was interested in a few ways but one that stood out was she said I'm very intuitive and that I doubt things even though I know it's right and what stood out was how I feel about my ex but then she mentioned a few mins later that there was someone from my past who I need to let go of. She didn't go into detail about that statement but it was like you tod me not to doubt my intuition but then told me to let go of my past which my gut is telling me not to close the door...so now I'm conflicted about what I should do..let it go which I have been doing as I'm dating someone but my gut isn't allowing me to close the door completely....

Offline LiveLaughLove

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »
But then I think well it's been a full year and nothing so it makes sense to let go of it....I don't know. I'm just trying to enjoy the new guy im dating. They say it's better to love and lost than never love at all but I do wish I would had never meet my ex...

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »
And yes, it is the need to talk to someone because everyone is tired of hearing it!

That's the other thing of course..... you so want to talk to someone that will really care and listen but when these issues drag on for so long, people get tired of hearing it.  :(

But then I think well it's been a full year and nothing so it makes sense to let go of it....I don't know. I'm just trying to enjoy the new guy im dating. They say it's better to love and lost than never love at all but I do wish I would had never meet my ex...

I went 18 months. Sometimes I wish I had never met mine, but we DID have loads of fun and I did manage to divorce someone who wasn't good for me at all, and I wouldn't have had the courage to do so otherwise.

At least you're out dating. I didn't go out at ALL, only occasionally worked out with a girlfriend. Not that I was a big go out person to begin with. But I sure wasn't living my life, I had no energy to.

Offline LiveLaughLove

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
True true. We had a good relationship and HE even said that to me in one of the last time I spoke with him. And he was the first guy I've ever loved so it was good and we had more good times than bad ya know? But I feel if I had never met him I wouldn't be in this situation with him..

And what's funny is every time I date someone I really like an we stop dating then when the next dude comes in the pic I forget all about the dude before but I still haven't been able to do that with my ex...that right there make me wonder what does it all mean in the end..ayeyiyi! :-\

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »
I hear ya! I have no idea why some of them stick in our heads the way they do. Kind of why I believe in the sm thing.

Offline LiveLaughLove

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
Yup me too (in regardless to the sm thing)

Offline 4everhopeful

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 02:32:53 AM »
I want to share something with everyone here that I got at facebook at one of the applications. Its called Message from God and you get one daily. They have always hit on something that I was thinking of or worried about and its really freaky how on the mark they are but this one especially so I wanted to share it with everyone.

On this day of your life, we believe God wants you to know ... that nothing is exciting if you know what the outcome is going to be.
You keep wanting to know how things will play out, keep asking to see the future. God doesn't give anyone the power to know the future, because life becomes maddeningly boring when you know everything upfront. So, instead of struggling, enjoy the uncertainty - to be alive means to not know.

I should have listened to this long ago when I first got it. I go back and read it quite often if I start feeling like I want to make that call, lol. I hope it helps others as it helped me once I really listened to what its saying. At the time that I got this message, I as calling psychics at least weekly, and always asking how things would play out, using those exact words, and wanting to know the outcome. Honestly, I feel so much better after giving up on the whole thing and just going on with my life. I have no idea where things will go from here and there is a man in my life now that has been there for some time but I never let it be, if you know what I mean. Ive decided to just let things happen as they will and Im not gonna worry anymore about the one from the past since I really think I will never hear from him again. And Im tired of wasting time and money worrying about it. Since I made that decision I am putting in a hot tub with my saved cash, and Im getting caught up on bills that I kept putting off and juggling so that I could call psychics. Im also having a steak now and then instead of weiners or hamburger, lol. Its better all around if we just live life and not worry about one person. There are other people out there that will see us for who we are and will love us the way we are and we dont have to be beautiful the whole time. The man that is interested in me is and older gentleman, he doesnt have money, he cant even perform certain duties (Im sure you know what I mean) but its because of medications he has to take. Hes not an old decrepit man, he is very handsome and is very attentive to me. He hangs on every word I say, lol. And he tries very hard to make me happy. He has been a close friend for several years and our feelings have grown over time. Im finally letting go of that exciting passionate love that I had with the other man that didnt see me as worthy of his time. Why didnt I let go long ago??????? Because the stupid psychics kept telling me he was coming back, thats why. I missed out on a lot of living and Im not missing out anymore. Everyone has to make their own decisions but please think about this message that I got from God, because it truly fits us all, just like the readings we got from the psychics. I wish you all the best of luck and all the happiness in the world. :)

Offline LiveLaughLove

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 02:45:18 AM »
Thank you for that 4ever! :)

TimeHeals

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »
@4everhopeful: what a wonderful and inspirational post. Thank you.

anything