Author Topic: Be cautious  (Read 9829 times)

Offline HornetKick

Re: Be cautious
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2019, 04:51:33 PM »
Yep so true. I've posted about readers to only have someone post after and say that particular reader was a fraud. Guess what?? My feelings weren't hurt and if that reader is off doing their job and not concerned what others are saying about them, their feelings aren't hurt either. Readers never use their bad reviews to learn from their mistakes anyway. ALL READERS WON'T WORK FOR EVERYONE. Most readers know this and they should expect that every other caller is not going to get a stellar reading. That's just the way it works. Period.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2019, 05:05:59 PM »
Yep so true. I've posted about readers to only have someone post after and say that particular reader was a fraud. Guess what?? My feelings weren't hurt and if that reader is off doing their job and not concerned what others are saying about them, their feelings aren't hurt either. Readers never use their bad reviews to learn from their mistakes anyway. ALL READERS WON'T WORK FOR EVERYONE. Most readers know this and they should expect that every other caller is not going to get a stellar reading. That's just the way it works. Period.

Exactly, if a reader works for you then regardless of if someone else says they're a fraud or whatnot it shouldn't matter as you know they were good for you personally. The customer isn't going to make any money (or shouldn't) by defending a reader anyway, I just see it as (like someone said above) some of the time a person doesn't want to hear something bad said about that paticular reader (whoever they are) as it makes them mistrust their reading and predictions given, especially positive ones. But it shouldn't matter as even with top readers such as Yona she works for some and not others.

Offline blue-eyes

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2019, 08:36:47 PM »

Exactly, if a reader works for you then regardless of if someone else says they're a fraud or whatnot it shouldn't matter as you know they were good for you personally. The customer isn't going to make any money (or shouldn't) by defending a reader anyway, I just see it as (like someone said above) some of the time a person doesn't want to hear something bad said about that paticular reader (whoever they are) as it makes them mistrust their reading and predictions given, especially positive ones. But it shouldn't matter as even with top readers such as Yona she works for some and not others.

Agree with most what is said above, What i would say though is CERTAIN READERS WON'T WORK FOR EVERYONE, far 2 Negative elements on here its really sad reading at times, But most is good vibes, from many on here, Its such a shame Because im sure most are here for hope and happiness, And some NEED a fairy tale to keep them going. Theres many that can give you that on many sites, Just be careful and enjoy your life, Take everything with a little pinch of salt LOL

Offline naturegirl

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2019, 02:05:21 AM »
Potential shill flags:

1. New members posting super frequently right away which may be an attempt to reach full member status (which gives more street cred) quickly since that is based on number of posts (101) and not length of membership.

2. New members replying back and forth to each other often on threads that mention a specific reader's name so that those threads continue to move to the top. When several new members are having back and forth banter for days about one reader this looks like reader promotion.

3. New members posting a specific reader's name in multiple places so threads mentioning them and their amazing abilities are visible often and everywhere, even in posts where it's really not appropriate.

4. New members posting multiple super positive posts on threads of readers who have either never been mentioned or have had a lot of either questionable or negative reviews in the past.

5. New members posting on threads all over the board to give themselves credibility, specifically posts that are partially positive or are presented as positive but that contain negative caveats that may make us question whether or not we want to try them even though others highly recommend them. This one bothers me the most because it discredits a good advisor. I'm not saying some of the typically good psychics don't have negative traits, but the last big shill posted over and over how Yona had mixed energies, picked up stuff for a relationship but it was the wrong guy, and ultimately started a whole stream of posts about whether or not Yona can ever pick up the right person or always mixes energies etc. This wasn't even a real reviewer, but not only did she promote the one reader, she discredited Yona by saying oh she's good and I really like her, she's in my top five but she mixed this up and that up and her timing is bad etc etc etc. Btw, I have not yet read with Yona and I almost didn't schedule with her because of all of those posts. I'm happy to say though that I am scheduled to read with her in October. Yona wasn't the only psychic she half promoted, half criticized but she was the main one so that's why I'm mentioning her.)

6. Inconsistencies in new member's posts.

I caution against assuming because a member actually has the balls to question a suspicious new member that they have issues. I fully expect people to take my reviews with a grain of salt since I have only been a member about 9 months. I need to earn your trust and so do the other new members. We need to put in our time and not be exhibiting several of the aforementioned behaviors. In time your trust will come, but please do not trust reviews implicitly. Like Mad Moody in Harry Potter always said, "constant vigilance".

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2019, 02:23:30 AM »
Great list Naturegirl! Some of those I never even thought of.

Offline Star_01

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2019, 02:31:32 AM »
I haven't been attacked on this forum yet (knock on wood), but I can understand why some members might feel the need to defend their reader(s); it's likely the criticism crystallizes this kernel of doubt about the prediction/outcome they've received from that reader, thus causing that knee-jerk reaction to silence the naysayer rather than consider the alternative. Still, if a reader has worked for someone then it really shouldn't matter what criticism others might have posted with respect to their experiences.

My motivation for sharing my negative experiences comes from a place of hoping that someone, somewhere, won't make the same mistakes, and hopefully save a couple bucks in the process. However, if another member is convinced in their heart of hearts that the reader I may have had an awful experience with, is indeed genuine (or accurate), I would never want to take that away from them, or dump on their hopes.

With that said, and maybe I'm biased here, I don't think that new members should necessarily be seen as more suspect than veteran members.

Likewise I have, and others have a right to say hey reader x was sketchy too without people defending that reader. We all have a right to say whatever is the truth and our experiences. I think that this is a little unfair, so you're saying we should have untrue reviewing because others wanna defend a reader which makes others uncomfortable to post?

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2019, 02:43:48 AM »
I haven't been attacked on this forum yet (knock on wood), but I can understand why some members might feel the need to defend their reader(s); it's likely the criticism crystallizes this kernel of doubt about the prediction/outcome they've received from that reader, thus causing that knee-jerk reaction to silence the naysayer rather than consider the alternative. Still, if a reader has worked for someone then it really shouldn't matter what criticism others might have posted with respect to their experiences.

My motivation for sharing my negative experiences comes from a place of hoping that someone, somewhere, won't make the same mistakes, and hopefully save a couple bucks in the process. However, if another member is convinced in their heart of hearts that the reader I may have had an awful experience with, is indeed genuine (or accurate), I would never want to take that away from them, or dump on their hopes.

With that said, and maybe I'm biased here, I don't think that new members should necessarily be seen as more suspect than veteran members.

I'm gonna get spanked here, but I disagree only because prior to this recent drama, we absolutely had newbie shills getting booted only to set up new accounts and then proven, by the admin, to be generated from the same IP address. So yeah, it was a newbie thing. It's not to say that a vet couldn't go rogue. It's possible. A newbie could be a booted vet returning, but they would still be a newbie by staus.

Fidget is not a shill and needs a drink.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 02:46:59 AM by Fidget1028 »

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2019, 02:48:59 AM »
After rereading my comment, I wondered if it even made sense. Lol

anything