Author Topic: Let's discuss what this means to you?  (Read 3365 times)

kirakira

Let's discuss what this means to you?
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:26:44 PM »
FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY

THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED BY OUTLOOK AMUSEMENTS, INC. FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. YOU MUST BE EIGHTEEN YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO USE THE PREMIUM AREAS OF THIS SERVICE. ALL CREDIT CARD PURCHASES MUST BE MADE BY THE CARD HOLDER. AT CALIFORNIA PSYCHICS WE WANT YOU TO ENJOY AND BENEFIT FROM YOUR READING. OUR PSYCHICS MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PROVIDE YOU WITH HELPFUL ADVICE. HOWEVER, THIS INFORMATION SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF ANY RECOMMENDATIONS BY MEDICAL, LEGAL, OR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH CALIFORNIA PSYCHICS.

I would like to start a conversation about this statement in terms/conditions on CP.  Obviously legal mumbo jumbo so no one can come back and file a claim that they were mis-advised.  Many of us have called not for entertainment, but because we were in serious distress and so on. 
How does the idea of this being pure entertainment strike you? 
The part about the info not replacing the recommendations of professional counselors -I'm curious if anyone is balancing these sessions with face to face psychologists?  Just asking, just wanted to open the topic.  I know I wasn't.  I know I was saying that it was "like therapy", although a little more expensive than a real office visit, but very convenient to just make a call from home whenever I wanted.  And now that my huge crisis is over, I still have urges to call for lighter questions, though those seem so much more harmless to me.  But I can say for sure I won't be calling CP, I'll see my local lady first.  I guess I'm trying to enforce in myself an awareness about the seriousness of my need to talk to them, and wanna hear what you all say about all this.  ???

Offline Libra

• Veterans
Re: Let's discuss what this means to you?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:38:02 PM »
THIS IS FROM THE TAROT LADY WEBSITE:

Are there any times where you would refuse a question or a client?
If I perceive that you are addictive,  I will refuse to read for you.  I do not encourage addiction to psychics – you are always in charge of your own life and I am merely a guide. I also ban clients who are rude, disrespectful or abusive in any way.  I simply won’t put up with it. I won’t read for you if you show up drunk.  Lastly, if I perceive that you are in a distressed state, I may request that you wait for your reading. Better to wait until you are calm and focused – this way, you guarantee that your reading is not influenced by your emotional state. Sometimes if a person gets a reading when they are emotionally upset, they don’t really hear what I am saying – they may only hear what they wish to hear.

kirakira

Re: Let's discuss what this means to you?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 12:00:39 AM »
That is really cool!