Author Topic: Never ever contacting psychics again  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Dreamer23

Never ever contacting psychics again
« on: June 15, 2019, 02:37:00 PM »
I've been contacting psychics for about 6-7 years and I can say now with full confidence that I will never, ever do such a thing in my entire life. Psychics have ruined me financially, emotionally, psychologically. I have been so damaged as a result of going to psychics.

It's a very hard habit to stop but once I did stop, it all became so clear that everything they said was ultimately misleading. And some of it was true, because of coincidence, how many possibilities are there when a relationship dies...not too many. They are great psychologists. Maybe some pick up on energies. But no psychic can tell you the future.

I stopped going to psychics because I decided to stop trying to make things work with POI. I tried for so many years to make our relationship work, but I lived in another reality because most psychics told me how much he cares and loves me and how we will be together in the end. So my reality was very different than the actual reality that POI doesn't want a relationship, just likes to keep me around. I finally realized after the same on and off pattern was repeated several times. I was sick of it and I said to myself no more. And that's when I stopped contacting psychics and I will never go back to that world of hoping and wanting and being happy for a while when a psychic gives me good news.

I've been through so many ups and downs and sleepless nights and my energy has been focused so much on this relationship, that was basically no relationship and had no foundation of going anywhere. I feel like I was completely brainwashed by psychics. I obviously take responsibility for it all, but I hope nobody goes through what I've been through.

I am sober now and it feels great. I am back to being myself, trusting my own guidance, taking action the way I want to. I feel more whole, I am rested and focused on my life, not on a fantastical future that has no basis in the present. My life is better but sometimes I think about all those years I wasted and I have regret.

I recently googled "a psychic ruined my life" and I came across so many articles of people who dated the wrong person or made the wrong choice because of psychics.

Please be careful when talking to psychics. I think they can damage someone's life in ways that you only find out later on.

Offline Sparkle002

Re: Never ever contacting psychics again
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 02:57:20 PM »
I went through this exact same thing back in 2015 with my ex. I started in 2014 (just with one call) then by 2015, I was a full on user.
They all told me fairytales about him...that was until I found the right readers that told me the truth, no fairytales with details. In my situation they actually helped me to see the light and luckily continue to do so as I go through my dating journey. Many told me guys I wouldnt end up with and why and they were right smh. When things dont match reality, you can quickly see the reader was BS.

Im sorry you had the opposite experience, but totally understand quitting because it is an addition. Actually most ppl have had this fairytale, positive, hopeful experience that comes crashing down and it sucks!

Good Luck to you and your fatter wallet! :)

I've been contacting psychics for about 6-7 years and I can say now with full confidence that I will never, ever do such a thing in my entire life. Psychics have ruined me financially, emotionally, psychologically. I have been so damaged as a result of going to psychics.

It's a very hard habit to stop but once I did stop, it all became so clear that everything they said was ultimately misleading. And some of it was true, because of coincidence, how many possibilities are there when a relationship dies...not too many. They are great psychologists. Maybe some pick up on energies. But no psychic can tell you the future.

I stopped going to psychics because I decided to stop trying to make things work with POI. I tried for so many years to make our relationship work, but I lived in another reality because most psychics told me how much he cares and loves me and how we will be together in the end. So my reality was very different than the actual reality that POI doesn't want a relationship, just likes to keep me around. I finally realized after the same on and off pattern was repeated several times. I was sick of it and I said to myself no more. And that's when I stopped contacting psychics and I will never go back to that world of hoping and wanting and being happy for a while when a psychic gives me good news.

I've been through so many ups and downs and sleepless nights and my energy has been focused so much on this relationship, that was basically no relationship and had no foundation of going anywhere. I feel like I was completely brainwashed by psychics. I obviously take responsibility for it all, but I hope nobody goes through what I've been through.

I am sober now and it feels great. I am back to being myself, trusting my own guidance, taking action the way I want to. I feel more whole, I am rested and focused on my life, not on a fantastical future that has no basis in the present. My life is better but sometimes I think about all those years I wasted and I have regret.

I recently googled "a psychic ruined my life" and I came across so many articles of people who dated the wrong person or made the wrong choice because of psychics.

Please be careful when talking to psychics. I think they can damage someone's life in ways that you only find out later on.

Paulina93

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »
I agree with you, I think in the long run or even short term psychics can really mess with your head. I stopped getting psychic readings a couple of months ago and have no urge to go back. You lose money over it and also overthink even more in situations when you would probably just move on if you weren’t talking to psychics about it again and again. I think getting predictions and waiting for them to come true just makes someone more miserable... especially when they don’t work out. When you can just go out there live your life and see what happens Instead, and spend your money on better experiences. I think everyone that’s in long no contact situations should ask themselves would they still be holding on so tightly if they weren’t speaking to psychics and always waiting on predictions? I know that I wouldn’t. I have predictions pending still but I’m not holding onto them because at this point it is what it is and the best  thing to do is go out there and live my life.

Offline Zzib

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 05:33:19 PM »
I like this part you said I am rested and focused on my life, not on a fantastical future that has no basis in the present.

Seriously how can they care, love us and all those wonderful things if I’m the reality we are being shut down or blocked

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 07:26:18 PM »
I agree with you, I think in the long run or even short term psychics can really mess with your head. I stopped getting psychic readings a couple of months ago and have no urge to go back. You lose money over it and also overthink even more in situations when you would probably just move on if you weren’t talking to psychics about it again and again. I think getting predictions and waiting for them to come true just makes someone more miserable... especially when they don’t work out. When you can just go out there live your life and see what happens Instead, and spend your money on better experiences. I think everyone that’s in long no contact situations should ask themselves would they still be holding on so tightly if they weren’t speaking to psychics and always waiting on predictions? I know that I wouldn’t. I have predictions pending still but I’m not holding onto them because at this point it is what it is and the best  thing to do is go out there and live my life.

Great post, I absolutely agree!

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 08:25:16 PM »
I like this part you said I am rested and focused on my life, not on a fantastical future that has no basis in the present.

Seriously how can they care, love us and all those wonderful things if I’m the reality we are being shut down or blocked

With psychics I never took what happened as reality, they always made me distort reality. Yes, he is distant but only because he loves you so much, he is not where he wants to be in terms of his work, he is scared that he is not good enough for you, it will all change, he will come out of it in ... 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months, insert any other timeline here. This is true love, he is the love of your life, he is your soulmate. Be patient, he will show you soon how much he cares. All of these things that I've heard from most psychics (I did hear some negative stuff but few and far between and of course I blocked it out because I wanted the fairytale), it made me believe in another reality and ultimately I looked so stupid.

I would be careful looking to psychics for advice. They are just another person, but you may tend to believe that they know more than you because of their "psychic gift", and that's when you begin to not trust your own guidance system. Is it hard to tel if a guy is right for you? Not really...if they treat you well then that means they are good for you. If they don't...then that means they are not, no matter what they might be thinking or feeling. You can be stuck in relationships with narcissists and sociopaths, because psychics tell you how much someone loves you. It can be so dangerous.

And I wish my wallet was fatter but because I spent so much, it will take me a good amount of time to pay off all my debt. :(

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 12:40:44 AM »
It really does belong in the DSM IV or V whatever version they are on now.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 06:07:04 PM »
It really does belong in the DSM IV or V whatever version they are on now.

I agree!

Offline Cteebaby1

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 01:49:00 PM »
I feel the exact same way. Until I’m strong enough to break the cycle of this on and off again bull I will no longer consult psychics. At the end of the day my POI and I are not in a committed relationship and I have to take it for what it is. He might care about me but he certainly doesn’t love me but love doesn’t do that. Unfortunately we brought a baby into our mess so I still have to talk to him. The fact that we do have a child gives him the peace of knowing I’ll always be around anyway so he doesn’t even try anymore until he thinks I moved on. Really at this point psychics don’t really tell me anything other than advice or he has feelings. I’m done with it myself and will stop getting readings. I’m just going to let things play out how God wants it to

anything