Author Topic: Why do fake psychics give positive predictions?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline pisceandream

Why do fake psychics give positive predictions?
« on: May 29, 2019, 08:02:54 PM »
I would never try to scam a bunch of people out of their money, but when a psychic knows they're fake it seems like giving negative predictions when a client hasn't heard from a POI for months would be a better bet than giving positive ones because those are more likely. And that's usually what turns out to be true. Why do psychics err on the side of being positive?

Offline Ninacy

Re: Why do fake psychics give positive predictions?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 01:43:26 PM »
Psychics telling you to "just be positive and good things will happen" is another excuse to avoid getting blamed for failed predictions. Nobody in their right mind is 100% positive all the time (well, unless they are stoned or something) and these skilled scammers know and manipulate this to their advantage. Some are actually gifted and feel the truth of your situation but choose to lie and give you fairytale outcomes instead so they can encourage you to come back or tell others about them. The latter are even more dangerous as they make you hold on to false hope just because they got 1-2 specific things right regarding your present situation.

However, on the opposite side of the spectrum, there are those who lean on the negative side and give a negative twist to their outcomes in an effort to sound more legit and realistic but they are actually just as unethical and unreliable as the sugarcoater ones. I have personally encountered less than 10 psychics without any negative or positive bias when it comes to their future predictions and it's a shame. So many fakes and semi-legit ones choose one or the other side.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 05:40:58 PM »
the positivity spiel, yep heard that too.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 05:53:47 PM »
I had a psychic on bitwine tell me a while back (who I had read with a few times) that my POI was acting like a jerk because of my negativity.  I mean, can you imagine?  lol..If anything, at the time, I was being super sweet to him and he didn't deserve it, at all, and he would turn on me for no reason. 

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 06:08:01 PM »
ST, I know!  there's only so much positivity you can have towards a situation that is going no where..

anything