Author Topic: Possibly Scammed & In Too Deep  (Read 3639 times)

Offline tacobelle914

Possibly Scammed & In Too Deep
« on: April 01, 2019, 07:07:07 PM »
So, I found a psychic near my area. Where I live is mostly urban so there are street front psychics, but I found her online. She had great reviews and I can't find anything negative about her.

A few months ago, I was in a really dark place.
When I was not in contact with my POI I had no idea what to do or where to turn.

She was really nice and supportive since we met - our first reading together was really positive and she basically said I was meant to be with this man. We were still in contact at the time and I was in a whirlwind of overthinking.
I do believe she may have a gift - she was able to help me connect to him and my higher self during meditations and was really pivotal in my spiritual growth to a degree.

HOWEVER - when I was not in contact with my POI, I was really vulnerable. On one occasion she said that he had 'lost his soul' and the only way for him to reconnect with it was to 'cast it out and bury it'.

This is where I started to get an off vibe. But she had been there for me for a while at this point, and I felt she was mostly genuine.
Long story short, she convinced me that we needed to do a ritual and used me as a channel to draw out his 'negative energy' using an egg.

From the get-go I felt this was weird, but she hadn't led me astray so far...

Then, she claimed in order for the negativity to not come back it needed to have a proper burial. She had to do it under the table through her church and it would cost 6,000 dollars because it needed to be done using a real coffin.

So I was feeling uneasy and told her I don't have a lot of money and she offered to have me pay in installments.

I agreed because I really felt backed into a corner, but now the whole thing just doesn't feel right. I'm not sure what the right thing to do is here... I do not want to ditch her without saying anything, but really this is just a crazy amount of money for something that really smells like BS. For instance, she would not accept payment via quickpay or paypal (wanted only cash) and would not provide a written statement from a church official that the burial was happening... no record of a coffin, etc.

By the way, I know it was silly of me to go with this from the start but I was really and truly in a scary place mentally & emotionally. But now I have gotten past that and all I am left with is just... ugh. Uneasiness.

I really think the whole burial thing is BS regardless of whatever other gifts she may have. So my moral dilemma here is whether to tell her I am unwilling to pay and face the concequences, or to just move on and ignore her forever (she has my personal phone number).

Please, no hateful comments as I know how silly and gullible I was for this. :)

Offline sawthelight

Re: Possibly Scammed & In Too Deep
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 07:16:03 PM »
absolutely ignore her and don't pay her anything!  so sorry you experienced this!

Offline tellmewhy

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 07:23:40 PM »
I can relate to this, this is why I don't use local readers!
Sorry but don't give her anymore money
So, I found a psychic near my area. Where I live is mostly urban so there are street front psychics, but I found her online. She had great reviews and I can't find anything negative about her.

A few months ago, I was in a really dark place.
When I was not in contact with my POI I had no idea what to do or where to turn.

She was really nice and supportive since we met - our first reading together was really positive and she basically said I was meant to be with this man. We were still in contact at the time and I was in a whirlwind of overthinking.
I do believe she may have a gift - she was able to help me connect to him and my higher self during meditations and was really pivotal in my spiritual growth to a degree.

HOWEVER - when I was not in contact with my POI, I was really vulnerable. On one occasion she said that he had 'lost his soul' and the only way for him to reconnect with it was to 'cast it out and bury it'.

This is where I started to get an off vibe. But she had been there for me for a while at this point, and I felt she was mostly genuine.
Long story short, she convinced me that we needed to do a ritual and used me as a channel to draw out his 'negative energy' using an egg.

From the get-go I felt this was weird, but she hadn't led me astray so far...

Then, she claimed in order for the negativity to not come back it needed to have a proper burial. She had to do it under the table through her church and it would cost 6,000 dollars because it needed to be done using a real coffin.

So I was feeling uneasy and told her I don't have a lot of money and she offered to have me pay in installments.

I agreed because I really felt backed into a corner, but now the whole thing just doesn't feel right. I'm not sure what the right thing to do is here... I do not want to ditch her without saying anything, but really this is just a crazy amount of money for something that really smells like BS. For instance, she would not accept payment via quickpay or paypal (wanted only cash) and would not provide a written statement from a church official that the burial was happening... no record of a coffin, etc.

By the way, I know it was silly of me to go with this from the start but I was really and truly in a scary place mentally & emotionally. But now I have gotten past that and all I am left with is just... ugh. Uneasiness.

I really think the whole burial thing is BS regardless of whatever other gifts she may have. So my moral dilemma here is whether to tell her I am unwilling to pay and face the concequences, or to just move on and ignore her forever (she has my personal phone number).

Please, no hateful comments as I know how silly and gullible I was for this. :)

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 07:24:12 PM »
Yes!! Run before it’s too late. Block her from contacting you

Offline tacobelle914

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 07:24:44 PM »
Thanks for your advice guys!

I guess the reason I am hesitant to do this is, even though this whole thing smells like a scam, I feel morally conflicted just disappearing after verbally agreeing to pay.
Though I'm sure I would face resistance telling her that I cannot pay, a part of me thinks its the right thing to do (even if she didn't do the right thing by me).

Do you think ignoring her in this situation is bad karma for me, or is it a legitimate (and possible the only) way of avoiding more of the same BS?

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 07:26:17 PM »
the only bad karma will be hers for preying on you like this.  don't worry and just ignore and block her.

Offline tacobelle914

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 07:30:46 PM »
the only bad karma will be hers for preying on you like this.  don't worry and just ignore and block her.

Phew.. ok, as long as I'm not the jerk here! Thanks :)

Offline happyk

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 07:35:53 PM »
Ignore her and block her. You're not guilty here so let go of guilt.  I've been in similar situation and when i said I wouldn't pay the psychic told me that my POI will leave me and we'll never be together like literally like she was going to put a hex on me or something. Record her call or something just in case she tries to scare you and coax you into paying. You don't owe her shit. After finishing all my money I've realized no person that ditches us is worth a penny. Don't matter if they got scared of their feelings or are under a lot of pressure is whatever. But again that's just my opinion. Bottom like though-- DO NOT GIVE THAT CHARLATAN ANY MONEY!

And sending you love ♥️♥️

Offline tacobelle914

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 08:00:05 PM »
Ignore her and block her. You're not guilty here so let go of guilt.  I've been in similar situation and when i said I wouldn't pay the psychic told me that my POI will leave me and we'll never be together like literally like she was going to put a hex on me or something. Record her call or something just in case she tries to scare you and coax you into paying. You don't owe her shit. After finishing all my money I've realized no person that ditches us is worth a penny. Don't matter if they got scared of their feelings or are under a lot of pressure is whatever. But again that's just my opinion. Bottom like though-- DO NOT GIVE THAT CHARLATAN ANY MONEY!

Thanks so much!

She also helped me along with my spiritual awakening so that's another reason I do have some of that lingering guilt. I have more faith in myself than ever now and am feeling really balanced... which is also why this particular situation is just not sitting right with me.

I know deep down that what is meant for me will be mine no matter what, whether or not someone tells me beforehand or 'helps' me with some ritual.

As crappy as it is to say, if she is a true psychic to the degree she professes (in terms of predicting behaviors and outcomes of my POI) then she should also have known I just straight up cannot afford what she is asking of me right now.

I could use all the positive vibes you can spare right now lol <3

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 08:16:16 PM »
Best advice: Ignore her and block her.

For one thing, you still sound hesitant and feel you're committing or doing something wrong by ignoring her. You aren't doing anything wrong. But I feel you still don't know that yet.
Secondly, I was going to suggest writing her a note if you feel inclined to give an explanation, but if you text her, she is just going to suck you in more by placing some bs curse on you or some more stupidity, contacting the person you called about, etc. Whatever threat necessary to make you pay.

For you, ignoring her would be best, just walk away from this situation smarter, not broker.  :-*

Offline jas

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 08:40:18 PM »
Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I think giving yourself closure with this person might be the right thing to do.  HOWEVER, you will have to be very strong and really stand your ground with her.  I think that Hornet's suggestion of a note written to her sounds like a good idea. 

I understand your anxiety and the obligation you feel to put closure on the situation.  Just remember, if you choose to speak with her it is only for your own sake and you absolutely will have to reach into your belly and not allow her sway you in any way.

Offline happyk

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 09:12:39 PM »

Thanks so much!

She also helped me along with my spiritual awakening so that's another reason I do have some of that lingering guilt. I have more faith in myself than ever now and am feeling really balanced... which is also why this particular situation is just not sitting right with me.

I know deep down that what is meant for me will be mine no matter what, whether or not someone tells me beforehand or 'helps' me with some ritual.

As crappy as it is to say, if she is a true psychic to the degree she professes (in terms of predicting behaviors and outcomes of my POI) then she should also have known I just straight up cannot afford what she is asking of me right now.

I could use all the positive vibes you can spare right now lol <3

If you talk to her be strong and don't let her talk into anything. Just know that she doesn't have the power of changing destiny. Sending positive vibes ♥️

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 09:14:19 PM »
I tend to agree with @Jas, that you might consider a communication with her to put closure to it IF you feel you can be firm and stand your ground. If she has not already performed the so-called ritual, I would just say something simple like "I am in a different place now and have decided I don't need or want to go through with this."

Also, you are definitely NOT the jerk and this is definitely a scam, so don't for an instant feel responsible or guilty about the $$... just get out of the situation asap.

Offline wishes215

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 09:57:06 PM »
I would speak with her and let her know that you are no longer interested in her services. thats it. if she talks abt money, let her know politely that you just can't. I wouldn't just disappear. but thats just me.

Offline alphabetsoup

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 01:31:44 AM »
You just avoided a $6000 scam.  Why do you feel bad?  It's not your fault.